Author Topic: pee or else...  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
pee or else...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 09:53:38 PM »
Originally posted by mora
Can you really be forced to submit an urine sample in the US? Can you be convicted based on it's findings?

Yes and Yes

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 09:56:11 PM »
5mg of Haldol would have done the trick and nobody would be in trouble. The guy was already handcuffed and leather strapped to the bed.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 09:57:41 PM »
Originally posted by Shamus
Yes and Yes

shamus

Got any examples?
sand

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 09:59:55 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Got any examples?
Every CDL license holder.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Every CDL license holder.

Not true. You can refuse to be tested in this state, but the consequence is that you'll lose the license.
sand

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 10:10:13 PM »
You agree to take a test when you sign the license. It's like a waiver. You can say you refuse, but they will drag you to the hospital and get one and it's still evidence. You're right about losing the license. I've had a CDL since 1992.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 10:18:39 PM »
Some of you are forgetting that he wasn't tasered to GET the urine sample....he was tazered because he got unruley and posed a possible danger to himself and the hospital staff.

I agree that a sedative would have been better.  and YES you can be forced to give a urine sample.

BUT the main thing here is that he was under the care of the HOSPITAL STAFF not the police officer and it was the HOSPITAL STAFF that was requesting the sample.

If they have reasons to believe he might be at risk and admitting doing drugs they can treat him for what ever they think they need to save his life.  

If he was ODing and he died under their care and they could have taken a Urine sample and diagnosed that he was diabetic or somthing but didnt.....they as a hospital would be liable for his death.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 10:19:18 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
You agree to take a test when you sign the license. It's like a waiver. You can say you refuse, but they will drag you to the hospital and get one and it's still evidence. You're right about losing the license. I've had a CDL since 1992.

Hmmm... according to CA DMV, you can refuse to submit to the test.

Where's the law that states that they can take the sample? To drag someone into the hospital and forcibly take a sample sounds like a 4th Amendment violation to me.
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2005, 10:22:37 PM »
Nevermind... I found it.
sand

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2005, 10:45:35 PM »
Check CADMV under "How To Get A CDL ". A regular driver's license is different from a CDL.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »
When such happens in China, the news media never seems to be able to obtain, nor have the capability to report such alleged information.

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 11:07:50 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
5mg of Haldol would have done the trick and nobody would be in trouble. The guy was already handcuffed and leather strapped to the bed.

Im no Doc but wouldnt it be dangerous to try and sedate someone who is possibly overdosing already on unknown drugs? Thats why they would want the sample.

This may be why the didnt sedate him.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
pee or else...
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 11:15:36 PM »
The guy wasn't OD'n...

And the only reason he was in the emergency room was because he was dragged there for a urine test after he told the cops he had done drugs.

So... those things aren't on the table.

What a spectacle. I laughed my arse off reading that.

18 year old kid... might have been picked up after the cops raided some college party. Next thing ya know he's tied down to a bed with leather straps, his pants are down around his ankles, a cop climbs ontop him, and 50,000 volts are snakin' through his entire body.

It's the new Siaf Protocol! :D

wtf.....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 11:21:53 PM by Nash »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
pee or else...
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 11:30:01 PM »
Well unless they had a warrant for his pee, they are in deep doodoo (and you can get a warrant fo that too..)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
pee or else...
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2005, 12:09:26 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Well unless they had a warrant for his pee, they are in deep doodoo (and you can get a warrant fo that too..)

AGAIN

the article said the HOSPITAL requested the URINE.