Author Topic: How to make a new map from zero?  (Read 565 times)

Offline alamwuhk2a

• Zinc Member
How to make a new map from zero?
« on: March 23, 2005, 04:46:14 AM »
How? the terrain editor always crash...

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:18:32 AM »
Open editor, select file from top left choose new type name of map in text bar (no more then 8 letters) hit ok, next you will choose size 64,128,256 or 512 pick one editor will open and your ready to start building.
Marty McFly

Offline alamwuhk2a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:22:46 AM »
1. How to put vehicle spawns?
2. How to change sides of an airfield/cv?
3. How to make a task group?
4. Can i make an H2H map without HQ, railroads?

Offline iwin2000

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:39:35 AM »
1. Go to Objects tab. Click on the shape 'entpnt'. Change the setting of the entpnt to 'Vehicle Entry'.

2. If you mean countries...click on the 'settings' button up top, then click on 'Fields Setup'. Click on the base you want to change then click on a country.

3. Objects Tab...Under 'Shape Groups' click on 'cvtg0' and click on where you want it on the map (preferably over water...)

4. Yes.

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Re: How to make a new map from zero?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 06:26:21 AM »
Originally posted by alamwuhk2a
How? the terrain editor always crash...

I see that Falcon and iwin have answered your question.

Here a basic file that I had made up that should get a basic terrain to the Offline or H2H section of the game.

http://www.accesswave.ca/~tscott/AcesHigh2-Stuff/AH2%20Building%20Terrains/AH2%20Terrain%20Editor/AH2_TE_v1.zip

Pokie

Offline alamwuhk2a

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 02:47:17 AM »
Thank you for the basic tut. But how to add waypoints for the CVTG? After adding cvtg0, i can't add waypoints for it.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 01:34:08 PM »
Look in the upper right corner of the terrain editor, click Task Groups and you can set waypoints basically the same way your do in the game

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 04:29:25 PM »
Originally posted by alamwuhk2a
Thank you for the basic tut. But how to add waypoints for the CVTG? After adding cvtg0, i can't add waypoints for it.

http://www.accesswave.ca/~tscott/AcesHigh2-Stuff/AH2%20Building%20Terrains/AH2%20Terrain%20Editor/AH2_TE_CVTG_Waypoints.zip

Pokie

Offline MrSmog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 02:38:28 PM »
After adding Task Groups, the Terrain Editor will not even know that they are there. I find that the only way I can Add Waypoints is to Save the Terrain and Exit the Terrain Editor.
Then I Restart the Terrain Editor and It will then recognize that the CV groups exist and allow me to add Waypoints.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this happen to them, But it has always been that way for me even in the AH1 Terrain Editor.

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 08:44:35 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone else has this happen to them, But it has always been that way for me even in the AH1 Terrain Editor.

Alot of things aren't fully recognized until you restart the editor, and hiting the save button doesn't save everything therefor the editor should be restarted frequently to avoid losing your work when it crashes, which it will rather often until you learn all its quirks.