Author Topic: 190 Heaven - NEWS + screenies  (Read 4934 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
190 Heaven - NEWS + screenies
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2005, 09:59:33 PM »
What part of depth are you missing.  Hell Naths pictures prove this even more that it's almost dead on.  The forward bullet proof windscreen inner bars should be slightly smaller.  Other than that the canopys forward lip needs to be tapered a bit at the top.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 10:06:45 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »
I'm assuming your saying this is what it should be correct?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2005, 10:09:07 PM »
Are you dim?! It is not the depth that is missing, they should not be as wide.

Se how much thinner the bars are at the sides compare to the top and "depth"?

Now compare that to the 3d model:

See? The thikness on the sides are the same as on top and "depth".
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Nath_____

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.beatdownposse.com
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2005, 10:37:07 PM »
Originally posted by TDeacon

2)  Please make the gauges a bit more readable.  I like nice graphics, but if that's all I liked I would play IL2.  The GAMEPLAY of AH is its strong point, and making the gauges hard to read doesn't help us older players.  The level of readability of the gauges in the current planes would be fine, and maybe this could be achieved in these new gauges with slightly more noticeable needles and numbers.  They would still look more realistic, but also be readable.  Note this thread:  http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143499&highlight=chigger+gauges

I agree with TDeacon.  For some reason the gauges seem to have a glare eminating out from the center.  It doesn't make them very distinctive to read.  They kind of "blend in" to the cockpit.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2005, 11:05:24 PM »
Have you ever in your life done a perspective view drawing?

Offline Nath_____

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.beatdownposse.com
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:32 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Have you ever in your life done a perspective view drawing?

The idea of perspective in relation to these cockpits has been done over on this board already, in relation to the pre-redesigned 109 cockpit.  The consensus was that the optical principles of perspective don't apply to such short distances, and what if you move closer to the gunsight?  The bars don't magically move outward as distance decreases.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:34 PM »
Actually, I'm a 3d artist. I do this for a living.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2005, 11:32:38 PM »
Nath even with the old cockpit everything was totally flat on the canopy and forward wind screen.  There was no depth to it in the canopy rails at all.  It was even missing a portion of the wind screen.

Unless someone can post a definitive photo that is centered and  taken no more than 6 inches or so from the head rest arguing won't change much.  

The rails should appear to move out if your expecting to give the illusion of depth.  The problem is it's difficult to do so with 3D games hence why there is devices out there to give you the illusion of depth while playing them.  

Here's an altered photo of the original cockpit before this modification.  Is this what your expecting for a centered forward view?

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2005, 11:44:49 PM »
I think the pic you rendered above has about simular dimensions as the one I did.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2005, 11:50:52 PM »
Hey Cobra I want those colours in my 190 !

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
Kweassa that's not including the canopys wooding area that curves down below the canopy frame.  It shouldn't hinder the forward view so I didn't add it.  The most it would have done is placed a curved line coming across the yellow and dark yellow areas.  It might have also come down a bit more in the dark green area but not enough to go beyond the yellow wind screen framing.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2005, 11:53:58 PM »
Your drawing is much more like what I see in the photos than the new cockpit.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2005, 12:00:10 AM »
Well I still think that screen shot they did was a zoomed shot and obviously offset if it's lined up with the gun sight.  I'm not saying it's going to make a huge difference but it might make a bit of difference.  In the end a huge adjustment may not be needed.

The one I did is still taking up a bit more room compared to the old model and it's adding in a brace that didn't even exist in the original model.  It also doesn't include a higher arced pad that exists around the console assembly.  The old models pad was hardly arced at all which could very easily raise the overall heigth of the console itself taking up even more forward visibility if it's arc was corrected.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2005, 12:19:25 AM »
I don't think the screenie is zoomed in. You can see the whole instrument panel. You can't see the whole instrument panel on any AH plane while zoomed in.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 12:21:38 AM by GScholz »

Offline JB82

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2005, 12:51:52 AM »
I hope the Dials are not this hard to read when the new 190 comes out...PLEASE!