Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 1188 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Need some help
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 06:37:10 AM »
When we are at the subject of rolling.

Often when you have an enemy close in on your six, within 400d, its better to barrel roll then to turn.

Lot of pilots wait for you to make your move when they are at your six. The dead six shot isnt an easy one. The lead turn shot is much easier. If you are on someones six its very easy to get the lead turn and from 400d you get the 200d perfect distance lead turn shot in a split second after the enemy turns. I personally sit tight on your six till you make your move.

So going into a flat turn here is basicly suicide. If you dont do anything you wount shake me and your dead.

So what you wana do is to barrel roll. You have to time it well though. You wana do it when the enemy still has speed on you. You cant let him settle down at your pace on your six.

Judge the closing speed, at 400d do a little turn fake and go into a barrel roll. Your enemy will if he falls for the little fake overcommit on the lead turn and loose position or he will not take the bait and try to follow you through the barrel roll. If he has higher speed and is greedy overshoot you in the barrell roll.

Remember most enemies will be faster then you, so you can cause alot of overshoots. Only scary part is that the wings are so fragile. The big risk of the barrell roll is that you expose the wings in the initial climb. This is why I always do the fake before roll in a spit. This way I hopefully have the enemies nose pointing into a lead turn and I can safely go into my roll.

Tex

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
I can be in there on SAT night. Name a time. I live in Central Time Zone so work off that if you can. Rgds/Ren

Ren,

Lets say 9pm PST Sat..... Will that fit your schedule?
Contact me elyeh1@gmail.com

Thanks,

"Stickpig"

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Need some help
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 05:17:54 PM »
Afirm....9 pm PST = 7 PM my time.

See ya in the TA then.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »
Isin't 9pm PST 11pm central?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Need some help
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 02:18:35 AM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
Isin't 9pm PST 11pm central?

A-Firm :lol. There ya go getting me typing things in the middle of the night! And there's no way I can make it at 11pm on Sat night. At least, not and stay married.:) Lets try for another time. Thanks

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 03:21:00 AM »
Let me get with ya tomarrow on a time.
email me elyeh1@gmail.com

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 03:57:01 AM »
Now I read both Nose up and nose down for Spitfires in a flat turn.

Which one is it? I tried both and it seems that nose down works better, but what do I know?

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Need some help
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 04:53:02 AM »
Seriously.

Dont focus so much on the flat turn as on the ACMs. Flat turn is not very usefull and you will not live long if you focus on flat turn.

Tex

EDIT: You have stall limmiter turned off right?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Need some help
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 01:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
Now I read both Nose up and nose down for Spitfires in a flat turn.

Which one is it? I tried both and it seems that nose down works better, but what do I know?

either one will be in the bag of tricks

it depends on the situation at that time and were the nme is and most important how much E they have....

if they have high E the quick turn with nose down ussually prevents then from getting a gun solution,,, but as soon as they get even and are passing you its best to start a  climb .

when the nme has co- E and a plane that cant turn as well (or similer plane)a spiral type climb  will cause them to lose more E and you can get back around on them if you manange the E and the lead/lag turn correctly

another trick is to start your turn then turn back into them just as they pass and go for the snap shot .  (either a sissors or a barrel roll )

there really isnt a correct anser here its all in experience ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2005, 01:19:06 PM »
Tex,

Everything is off. Better to learn without and aids.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Need some help
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 04:08:27 PM »
DamnedRen

I'll try to be in the TA Sat at 7pm your time.
Ksinc is gonna try also. I have family coming in this weekend so if I cant make it I'll post here.

Thanks

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Need some help
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2005, 06:06:41 PM »
7pm CT, Sat it is.

You can also reach me through my profile. If you click on "profile" at the top of my response you get a new window that has an email link directly to me, or anyones profile you click on.

Or you can email me directly via

ren@hitechcreations.com

No need to use the BBs as an email :).

Let me know if things change.

I don't think you've mentioned what stick yer using....

Rgds,

Offline KSINC

• Zinc Member
Need some help
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 07:20:54 AM »
I should be able to make it at 7:00 PM CST and I am using a Sidewinder Precision Pro (non force feedback).

KSINC