Author Topic: LTAR request  (Read 1242 times)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
LTAR request
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »
First off I must say that it is an absolute honor to be associated with such great players, friend & foe.

The list of great sticks and awesome GV'rs that fight with or against LTAR is a mile long.

LTAR   all for their kind words and respect for the LTAR squad.

Thank you Gentleman & Ladie's

LTARmoil CO

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
LTAR request
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2005, 06:34:55 PM »
Salute to everyone, we enjoy fighting beside yas, and against yas.  we're back to stay

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
LTAR request
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2005, 07:10:15 PM »
Last night before the reset, the Knights took V64 back from the Rooks. I immedeatly rolled an M3, knowing the VH would still be down a while. I sat in the trees outside the base and listened to the range chatter, and let them know to give me the signal when it was clear. The first few planes RTB'd, and in the short time between the second wave the VH popped. When the second wave got there, they saw 4 Osti's and a couple Tigers and Panzers. Then on range I hear:

"Oh chit!! The VH popped, there's probably LTAR's crawling all over the place by now!"

LTAR's are both respected and hated at the same time, for the same reasons. :)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
LTAR request
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2005, 07:19:55 PM »
Would any of the crack LTAR osti guys be willing to show me how to shoot?   No matter what I do I cant hit crap
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
LTAR request
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2005, 07:50:34 PM »
Originally posted by meddog
Would any of the crack LTAR osti guys be willing to show me how to shoot?   No matter what I do I cant hit crap

I don't think there is any, we just get real lucky!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
LTAR request
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2005, 07:58:51 PM »
Originally posted by storch
well since I don't gang often I doubt that.  I must be stupid then because I see replies.

You dont gang, but ya fly with a group of guys who normally constitute 1/3 of ALL the people online in the CT

Back to the thread... previous post was correct...4-5 Ltars defend a field, nothing short of 4-5 sets of dweeby-deck lancs will get it, and that isnt even a sure thing
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
LTAR request
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2005, 08:43:42 PM »
Meddog, ain't nothin but a thing.  1st off quit using your sights, watch the tracers instead, 2nd cross your fingers, and 3rd it helps to cross your eyes too --------that way you can get em comin and going    :lol

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: LTAR request
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2005, 03:16:59 AM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
Sorry storch, not gonna believe this one for a second.  Dedalos is anything but a runner.  There are people in this game I have respect for and he is surely one of them.  Last time I flew against him, he was in a p40 surrounded by 4 late war planes, and managed to get 3 of them before I finished him off.  In retrospect I probably should have just flown away and let him kill the last guy, but I thought my teammate was dead meat so I stepped in to help.  

Say what you like, but that last remark is unfounded.

Runner, I think not. tactics, i think so.  just like fishing, ya wait till the fish are hungry, ya throw a little bait out there, ya don't even need to hook em, you just start reeling the bait in, back to the boat (or field), and then when they're close enough......ya kill em.  But then what do fish know, they're not the world's most intellegent life form.  hmmm wonder what that makes us.

Dedalos
LTARokit
XO

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
LTAR request
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2005, 09:10:22 AM »
So are you LTAR guys back in the MA or what?  :)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
LTAR request
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2005, 11:42:03 AM »
So are you LTAR guys back in the MA or what?  :)

Yes Sir, MA is our home.  Though we do use DA & TA for group training.  :cool:

LTARokit
XO

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
LTAR request
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2005, 12:45:28 PM »
Well I know that Moil and Pkrfan (I think thats how he spelled it) moved to WWII Online.  Looks like moil migrated back, wasn't sure what the deal was.   I quit taking GVs up shortly after you guys left.  Since you're back, I guess I'll have to fire one up occassionally and try to give you guys a run for your money  ;)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
LTAR request
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2005, 01:32:34 PM »
Well I know that Moil and Pkrfan (I think thats how he spelled it) moved to WWII Online.  Looks like moil migrated back, wasn't sure what the deal was.   I quit taking GVs up shortly after you guys left.  Since you're back, I guess I'll have to fire one up occassionally and try to give you guys a run for your money  ;)

LTARpcfn never left AH to move to WW2 Online. Pac is now with the RT squad {Rolling Thunder} which is a great bunch of guys to work with.

I did leave AH2 when it first was released along with most of the squad that wanted a change. The MA at the time was becoming very stale, game ran poorly, the guys were having one prob after another and the fun of being in the arena was gone.

Most of the LTAR squad moved to WW2OL to test the waters. Some of the guys are still over there, LTARcsp is in the German HC and is one of the training officers. LTARrat {LTARprts} is one of the games best German88 {Flak36} gunners to this day.

The majority of the squad has since moved back to AH and some still play both WW2OL & AH2.

After receiving numorus E-mails and requests to bring LTAR back to AH I got ahold of my XO and put together the "New LTAR"

LTAR was originally started as a GV squad, which it still is, however we have expanded our scope to include an Air Wing for close support.

LTAR is here to stay, and we have plans {big plans} the LTAR that you see today is no where near what it will be when final product rolls off the line.

Ya know, it really is funny how so many said that having a GV squad in AH was so silly and a waste of time. Yet for some strange reason we keep ending up on the front page and the hordes show up to stop or attack us. Seems like a lot of effort over a silly little GV squad like LTAR.

to all

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
LTAR request
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2005, 01:38:19 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL
Ya know, it really is funny how so many said that having a GV squad in AH was so silly and a waste of time. Yet for some strange reason we keep ending up on the front page and the hordes show up to stop or attack us. Seems like a lot of effort over a silly little GV squad like LTAR.

to all

Thats because you are good and organized.  One thing to have a bunch of GVs rolling and an other to have a bunch of LTARs rolling.  Totaly different experience.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
LTAR request
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2005, 02:09:09 PM »
Originally posted by MOIL

to all

Yeah, what Dedalos said.  But the same pretty much went for the MAW, FBs, JBs, and so on... I think it has somethig to do with the name.  You see when you get a "You shot down Howitzer #1" in your text buffer, you may not think twice about it, or even associate me with WoT.   But when I get a "You shot down LTARMoil", then I hop on squad channel and say "LTARs at 68".  We did the same with all these squads because we know there is going to be a fight there.  Where we find one of you, we'll find the rest of you  :aok

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
LTAR request
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2005, 02:20:50 PM »
[ Where we find one of you, we'll find the rest of you  :aok [/B][/QUOTE]

That's called unitity bro.  We're very selective of whom wears the LTAR patch.  One has to qualify.  Hence earlier descriptions, "organized - teamwork", without it - we'd just be another group of dweebs in GV's.