Author Topic: I am sickened  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
I am sickened
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 08:39:51 AM »
Sheesh Karayabro....you need to take some of that money you spend on anger management (which is doing you no good anyway) and buy a new rig.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
I am sickened
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005, 08:49:34 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
Sheesh Karayabro....you need to take some of that money you spend on anger management (which is doing you no good anyway) and buy a new rig.

Shouldn't you be working GothmrImtoosexyforthis109g6?  :p

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 09:09:46 AM »
WMLute and red420.

You are not the subscriber base. You do not speak for the subscriber base. You are one single person each. You speak only for your self.

It pisses me immencly each time I read posts by people using WE instead of I.

Ofcourse stable gameplay is important.

But what is stable gameplay? Bug free or beeing able to run on your 10 year old rig?

If you are talking about bugs yes then it affects everyone and it is a problem. But since miss using the word stable and refering to "playable on your old rig which you most likely havent even tuned in the last 10 years" then you can only speak for your self.

Instead of going on a mad whining spree and miss using words you should instead ask the following questions.

"With 2.03 what are the minimum sys requirements?"

"In what region can one expect the FPS to be on a minimum sys rig?"

"What do I need to do inorder to obtain the said FPS on a minimum sys rig?"

Tex.

Ps. FYI I have a lower mid end sys (P4 2.0GHz, 9600XT) and my FPS has improved with this patch. Ds.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2005, 09:35:43 AM »
OK,

Some FR's increase. Others decrease. Mine dropped quite a bit so i'm readjusting the sliders - doesn't bug me, but thats the price of progress in this hobby.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
I am sickened
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2005, 09:53:41 AM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
Your eyes can only see around 30fps anyway, the rest is just a bonus   =)

Then why can I walk into a room full of computers and almost instantly tell you which ones are running a 60hz refresh rate?  I do have a hard time telling 75 from 85 though.

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 10:18:13 AM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
[
It pisses me immencly each time I read posts by people using WE instead of I.

Instead of going on a mad whining spree and miss using words you should instead ask the following questions.

Tex, it's kands like chess and checkers;  there are those who think it out, come up with a plan and then execute the plan... all the time planning the next move.  Then there's the other's, the only objective is to race across the board so they can scream out "KING ME!!".   LOL

Offline DaYooper

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2005, 11:52:55 AM »
Look at the announcements!  HT did streamline the graphics engine in addition to adding eyecandy and rockets to the 190F-8 (which is a good reason for me to take this plane on a test flight) in addition to lots of other upgrades and bug fixes.

It looks to me like nothing is being ignored and every type of interest possible in the game is being addressed.

If you need to adjust your sliders and hit [Shift][F4] if you have trouble seeing things on the ground.

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
I am sickened
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
my fps have increased by 25 all the time hitting 85fps now since new graphic eng in 2.03 thaaaaaaanks hitech:aok

Offline Puff

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.massivestudios.net/ah
I am sickened
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2005, 12:42:44 PM »
Game is running better for me now than it ever has all the way back to AHI.  Thanks HT for your efforts.  I know I'll be in the air more now than ever!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2005, 12:50:03 PM »
hmm.. framerate increase, and new p38's... this is tempting.. very... :D

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »
I have two puters running this game. Both saw a dramatic INCREASE in FPS with 2.03.  AMD 1.4 and AMD 1.5 gig with pc133 memory.  1.5 maxing at 90's and 1.4 maxing at 70's.  May want to fiddle with your drivers a bit

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
I am sickened
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2005, 12:56:23 PM »
My framerates are pretty much the same from patch to patch. Some days it seems to not perform as well as other days,  I dunno why either.   I just hate it when my frame rate falls below 90 ,  I like seeing 117+-.   Once in a while my frame rate falls down to 70 or 80 in med view  then down to 59 in ground view.  But other then that,  its cool!!   :p

edit:  2.6 p4 800fsb, intel mb 800fsb, 512 mb pc4000 ddr duel channel, gf2 128mb vid crd,  sb audigy 2 zs ...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:07:37 PM by tactic »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 12:58:51 PM »
If you think that the majority of the player base have screamin' high end systems, you are sorely mistaken.

Think it through a bit.  What is the avg. age of the players in AH???  Would you say that most of the players are older?  What percentage?  Do people in the older generation(s), let's say 30+, update their computers every other year?, or tend to buy one and hold onto it for many years.  It would be a safe assumption that many of the players, a LARGE group of the subscriber base, are older people, with older systems.  That said, why would one produce a product that would not work smoothly on a large chuck of their subscriber base?  

Look at WldThing.  He's an old timer, that has flown these sim's for many a year (as have I), and he has a much older system.  It stands to reason, that MANY of the players have med, to low end systems, and are suffering from the "eye candy" that is being added.  We shouldn't be stuttering through furballs at 10fps or less.  An exercise in frustration.

Skuzzy, your office system, (and this was already asked) where do you have the detail sliders?  How far out can you see nme ground vehicles?  How far out can you see ack?  Create an I.D. and fly for a coupe hours keeping that in mind.  Do it in the MA, not offline, or any other arena.  Go attack a field, and try to de-ack it with your "office" system.   (for a lark, use .50 cal.'s and tell me how many passes it takes)  Are you able to see ack?  How many times you die before you could de-ack the field?  Take your "office" system, and go ground vehicle hunting.  Are you able to spot them?  How far out?  Does not being able to spot nme gv's untill you are right on top of them make bombing them difficult?  How about shooting them?  Would you consider being right on top of GV's, and ACK's playable?  Take said computer, and try some take offs and landing on a CV when it's on fire, and especially with many contacts near.  GOOD LUCK landing if buffs are nearby.   When nme buffs are near, and CV's on fire, and buffs inbound dropping eggs, what are your FPS?  Is that playable?  Would you consider that stable?

Work with me here Skuzzy...  What I am saying makes 100% sense.  When HTC is planning an upgrade, keep these factors in mind.  I'm not asking for much.  I DO appreciate the fact that many of the new "eye candy" is optional, and that DOES help out alot .
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2005, 12:59:36 PM »
Originally posted by Ohio43
I have two puters running this game. Both saw a dramatic INCREASE in FPS with 2.03.  AMD 1.4 and AMD 1.5 gig with pc133 memory.  1.5 maxing at 90's and 1.4 maxing at 70's.  May want to fiddle with your drivers a bit

and you sir may want to turn VSYNC on.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2005, 01:42:24 PM »
and hit [Shift][F4] if you have trouble seeing things on the ground.

Hitting Shift + F4 = a slideshow for me, I only do it when it is absolutely necessary.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.