Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
The CT and how people view it.....
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
What would really be nice is if the CT had no scores, no kill messages, and no ch 1 that includes ch200. Some ppl say take out GVs I say thats kinda dumb cuz last time i looked there were GVs in WW2. Another thing that would be cool is no dar. That means no enemy nor friendly. Some thing else would be front line bases have no heavy bombers. Those are just a few things that I think would make the CT alittle more fun.

no scores - scores for those who care about them.  No one forces you to look at scores - or to fly for them.

no kill msgs - /.squelch 6

no ch1/200  /.squlech 1  don't tune 200

no gv's -   not enough CT population for GV's to really come into play. not that taking them out would be of any benefit, either.

no dar - that's *one* of the biggest complaints of those who came into CT way back when, reduced dar/no dar making fights impossible to find. no dar is a scorepotatos wet dream.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:13:59 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2005, 02:13:39 PM »
He asked for some ideas and I gave em some so shane why dont you shut your mouth and let the ppl that fly the CT talk.

who did?  i don't see anyone asking for ideas.  ideals maybe, but not ideas.  If you're referring to Guppy's little underscript, he was looking for reasons to make the move to CT.  Have you given him any?
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2005, 02:15:41 PM »
I for one, would happily move into a more historically minded arena and get myself clobbered over and over, by more veteran pilots, if I knew it was a place where the caliber of human being was higher

did u read that i was giving him some ideas

u know what im ganna go do some thing u dont do and fly the CT
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:17:57 PM by TrueKill »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2005, 02:20:13 PM »
I for one, would happily move into a more historically minded arena and get myself clobbered over and over, by more veteran pilots, if I knew it was a place where the caliber of human being was higher

did you comprehend what he said?

the CT is already "more historically minded" than the MA.

but the important part you missed was "if I knew it was a place where the caliber of human being was higher."  can you see how this little tidbit relates to both what he sees in the CT and on the forum?

of course, you may want to ask guppy what he meant by "higher caliber."

and ironically enough, none of you can pin this perception on me since i haven't even been in CT in months. I'm gonna go and do something you don't... fly MA... and fly it well.

I may pop in the CT tho' just to remind you my boot on your neck is a mere click away.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2005, 02:20:15 PM »
btw i now have more respect for levi and morph cuz instead of doing what shane and humble are doing and talking crap they came into the CT and i had some great fights with em.

and levi is a cheating little bastage how he flys that 38:aok :p

The only time I've seen the CT with enough folks to make it worth considering was the one time I was logging from the DA one sunday. If the numbers are there I've got no problem poking my head in...

As for fights....well I'm not gonna put myself in same sentence with Levi,morph & shane...however...it amazed me that you and kong studiously avoided me in the DA...along with a bunch of others like hemp redd etc (again guys who clean my clock as well).

The one encounter we did have I let you go once (did ding you however so you might have had a wounded bird) and then gave you my long 6 since it was an FFA situation. Not even planes and not a "square" setup but honestly you didnt show me much...and you didnt come back either. On the other hand I know people whos opinion I respect who think your a good stick.

Bottom line to me is really simple, I like a good fight and I'll fly where I can find it. The outcome is less important to me then the experience....I was getting the snot knocked out of me by -HR- rocketman and BigT long before you knew what a flight sim was...and I've paddled the back side of snot nosed little kids like Oopsey...to see em come back as killing machines like shane.

There was a guy named Brook in AW (no clue if he still plays) who summed guys like me up very nicely "below the gods but above the unwashed masses".

Why should I fly the CT when I get better (and fairer) fights in the DA?

As for "bashing" the CT...well truthfully it tends to deserve it over the last 18 months. And I've only started a couple of threads "bashing" the CT. But just take an objective look and you'll see the same issues are repeatedly brought up by numerous people...not just 1 or 2.

I'm not "anti JG54"....I'm anti squad in the CT. Simply no place or reason for them IMO. Historically the only squad I've called out by name is the checkersnails....who I feel started the whole problem. Originally you guys simply countered that bunch of.....

Now instead of being in balance...you've created a further imbalance IMO. You want me in the CT....no problem. But the truth is I havent had a good fight there in over a year. Be happy to fly at least 1 hop everytime I log in the CT....but if its 1 on the mob...why should I???

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2005, 02:25:45 PM »

Wasn't looking for ideas, so much as suggesting, not cleary enough, I'm afraid, that the CT leadership and core pilots need to consider how they present themselves as a group.

A clear definition/direction for the CT, combined with a player base that, for lack of a better way of saying it, displays a maturity/style  that is different/better then the MA, would go a long ways towards drawing in some of us folks who grow weary of the land grab, "my computer is bigger then your computer", "you hacked, cheated, its HTC's flight model being wrong, so that you got the kill" crowd.

Dan/CorkyJr
The long winded one
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 02:30:34 PM »
i keep telling oldman over and over, subtlety *doesn't* work.

:aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »
Thinking about it some more.  What I'd think you'd want in the CT is a place where you know the guys you are going to fly against are gonna be good.....and they're gonna have class as well.

You know you'll learn something every fight, and that afterwards that guy who clobbered you will probably say good fight, or be willing to talk about what happened and how he got the shot.  That is how people keep learning and keep wanting to come back for more, even if they are getting clobbered.

Funny part is that this is happening more and more lately in the MA and it's fun that way.

But if the image of the CT is it's just another place where folks are worried to much about their joystick size, then it's not worth investing the time in.

Can you picture the CT if the word got out that there were a core group of good sticks in there, that also were fun to talk to and learn from?

Guess how fast that place would fill up with other folks willing to get clobbered in the hopes of getting better and having fun.

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CT the "Cheers" of AH :)
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2005, 02:39:11 PM »
" * Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    * Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
    * Wouldn't you like to get away?
    * Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name,
    * and they're always glad you came.
    * You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
    * You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
    * You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
    * You wanna go where everybody knows your name.
    * You want to go where people know, people are all the same;
    * You want to go where everybody knows your name."
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2005, 02:40:23 PM »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: CT the "Cheers" of AH :)
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 02:49:22 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
" * Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    * Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
    * Wouldn't you like to get away?
    * Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name,
    * and they're always glad you came.
    * You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
    * You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
    * You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
    * You wanna go where everybody knows your name.
    * You want to go where people know, people are all the same;
    * You want to go where everybody knows your name."

LOL, there is some truth to that.

AH is always the most fun when you are BSing with the folks you've gotten to know in the game, regardless what side they fly on.  The fights aren't real fights after all :)

Sadly too many folks lose sight of that in the quest to measure their joystick

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

VWE

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 03:23:59 PM »
And I've only started a couple of threads "bashing" the CT.

Nice to know your only on the CT bashing band wagon part time... makes me feel a whole lot better now! :aok

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2005, 03:27:40 PM »
hmmm another I hate CT thread...

Group hug time !!!!

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2005, 03:38:14 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
you castrati are more a "we" type.
:aok

"Castrati"!!! LMAO!!!  That's the funniest thing I've seen here in a long, long time.  Good one Shane.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 03:51:11 PM »
you've been away too long. I've been using it long enough to have it included in someone's sig.  :D