Author Topic: Now the US knows the horror of 'home-front' terrorism...  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Now the US knows the horror of 'home-front' terrorism...
« on: September 12, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
...time to unite against ALL terrorism, in any form?

For years just about every European democracy has had to deal with terrorism in some form. France has Algerian extremists, Spain has the Basque separatists, and Britain has the IRA.

For years the IRA was funded by American supporters who couldn't give a toss about the casualties to innocent life. I hope to god they are sick to their stomachs as they watch the pictures on TV.

This is what terrorism is. This is what it means.  

They are as evil, twisted, callous, selfish, self-obsessed and sick as the b'stards who perpetrated this latest crime against humanity. May they rot in hell hand in hand with the people who committed this atrocity.

I wish America every sympathy and I hope you catch and punish those responisble swiftly and with appropiate force.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Dowding,

With all due respect...

Shut up.

Until the cumulative acts of terrorism in your nation add up to what has occured in a single day here, you really should stop making comparisons.

American Embassies have been bombed.  American diplomats have been killed.  Americans have been singled out and slain in hijackings.  We know what it is about.

Nothing like this has happened to anyone in recent history.  Stop comparing it to significantly lesser events.

This was an act of war... not an act of terrorism.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
That's what I mean, Deja. Treat it as an act of war - form some kind of multi-national group on this, because it affects us all. Every democracy in the world has been shocked and out-raged by this act. When I see those pictures, I start to feel a bit ill.

And of course, what happened in NY is uncomparable to anything that went before. Terrorism has always been a back-door issue - it can never be again.

To the terrorists around the world, whatever their cause, it has always been a war. They see themselves as soldiers in their own sordid 'struggle'.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
I totally agree with your second post Dowding.

And I do agree that the world is witness to the true potential of terrorism... and has an idea of what is needed to stop it.

Zero tolerance for any aspect of terrorism.  It is no longer a spec on the wall... they got the attention they wanted.  Now lets see if they really wanted war.

AKDejaVu

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Well said Dowding, I wholeheartedly agree.

Best wishes to everybody in the USA, hope you find the bastard(s).

Daniel, aka Cyrano

Offline Hobodog

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.military.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2001, 06:46:00 PM »
YOU, I hope we find the bastard and drill their knee caps then soak their feet in salt water for a day then let a goat lick them slowly and with its sandpaper like tongue slowly pull the skin off. Then force them to walk for miles on hot pavement with people lashing them and spitting on them while they carrier a large Gallows for thier hanging. Then pour scalding hot water on their genitals. Then put a cold knife to their genitals and slowly cut their member like a cucumber. Then slowly saw their balls into pieces and force them to eat all of both. Then finnaly you nail a rope to their neck instead of tieing it and drop them from the gallows. I believe thatll be sufficient.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
For the love of whatever you consider good and holy, will you GET A FRICKIN' GRIP EVERYBODY!!!

Vengeance will be served, oh yes it will. But remember - we are the civilized ones here. This type of rhetoric makes my blood churn. THEY are the barbarians - not us. Now prove it.

Originally posted by Hobodog:
YOU, I hope we find the bastard and drill their knee caps then soak their feet in salt water for a day then let a goat lick them slowly and with its sandpaper like tongue slowly pull the skin off. Then force them to walk for miles on hot pavement with people lashing them and spitting on them while they carrier a large Gallows for thier hanging. Then pour scalding hot water on their genitals. Then put a cold knife to their genitals and slowly cut their member like a cucumber. Then slowly saw their balls into pieces and force them to eat all of both. Then finnaly you nail a rope to their neck instead of tieing it and drop them from the gallows. I believe thatll be sufficient.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
there's no need for theatre...let's just do what needs to be done and get back to being a safe and free country.

all that medieval nonsense is for an uncivilized people to fantasize about.  :rolleyes:

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2001, 08:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish:
there's no need for theatre...let's just do what needs to be done and get back to being a safe and free country.

all that medieval nonsense is for an uncivilized people to fantasize about.   :rolleyes:

You can tell that this is history in the making... I agree with you.

;)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2001, 08:57:00 PM »
Thank you mrfish!    :)  Deja, did you miss Dowding's point completely?  Do you lack the ability to generalize?  An act of terrorism is an act of terrorism is an act of terrorism.  Thats what it is!  You can't gauge an act of terrorism and compare to other acts of terrorism (or acts of war, different name, same meaning.  it doesnt matter).  We got a taste of reality.  Please don't get the "boo hoo feel sorry for me.  I DESERVE attention" attitude.  Thats probably just the anger setting in.  Now we're on the same level as the rest of the world.  We need to unite regardless of how many times we've been punched or kicked.  That goes for all nations.  

As Ripsnort mentioned in another post, "Revenge is like a bottle of wine... pop the cork when the time is right."  Until then, do what mrfish said.

oct out

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Octavius ]
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 12:09:00 AM »
and don't be too surprised if congress does declare war  it will be a historic time indeed   :mad:

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
Thank you mrfish!  Deja, did you miss Dowding's point completely? Do you lack the ability to generalize? An act of terrorism is an act of terrorism is an act of terrorism. Thats what it is!

Wow octavius.. I must be pretty decent at understanding Dowding, but you must be pretty diddlying bad at understanding me.

They are not all the same.  We already now the horror of "home-front" terrorism.. this is not the first time we've been exposed to it.  Somehow.. magically... this is implied.

The IRA made things bad in Englad.  An ex military gunner made things bad in Oklahoma.  Planes have been hijacked in all countries.  Things have been happening in this country as much as others.

For some reason, people think the US has been imune to terrorism... that is not the case.  We are accustomed to being targets.

This is a completely different situation.  The diddlying short term memory of all those implying that somehow we are finally a member of some kind of fraternal terrorism victim club is simply pathetic.  The implication that since terrorism has FINALLY reached the US and that only NOW we are willing to do something about it is simply ludicrous.

This is not an act of terrorism.  It is an act of war.  We are exposed to terrorism as much as anyone else.  Nobody is used to what happened in New York/D.C. on Tuesday.

Please don't get the "boo hoo feel sorry for me. I DESERVE attention" attitude. Thats probably just the anger setting in. Now we're on the same level as the rest of the world. We need to unite regardless of how many times we've been punched or kicked. That goes for all nations.

I don't believe I asked for pity and I'm pretty diddlying sure I don't expect it.  What I'm really not looking for is condescending "welcome to terrorism USA" tones coming from threads like this and posts like yours.

AKDejaVu

<edit:  Dowding... Don't take this personally... I know what you were trying to get at and I think you know what I was trying to say.  This was directed at someone else>

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
No problem deja, I'm guessing you were upset like most people.

But...

Whether your brother/sister/son/daughter/father/mother was killed in a terrorist attack that killed 20 people or 20,000, I bet the pain isn't any different. I bet the bitter hate is as powerful. That is what we must remember.

In Britain we've had to adjust to the restrictions terrorism has put on our lives - at home, not abroad. Abroad, you take your chances, but at home IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY you expect and deserve to feel safe.

The IRA took that away from most British people back in the 70s and 80s, and I'm guessing that those who perpetrated this latest barbarism are about force that experience on many Americans for the first time.

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 11:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

I don't believe I asked for pity and I'm pretty diddlying sure I don't expect it.  What I'm really not looking for is condescending "welcome to terrorism USA" tones coming from threads like this and posts like yours.

AKDejaVu

<edit:  Dowding... Don't take this personally... I know what you were trying to get at and I think you know what I was trying to say.  This was directed at someone else>

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]

You are funny man ....

tell me what do you know about Africa ?

btw.: i heard few words from citizen of London today ... you should visit them ;)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
I just hope this doesn't continue for any length of time.  The thing that pisses me off with the IRA is that it's been decades of terror.  Military in the UK have only just been allowed to wear uniform in public over the last 2 years; all service people literally have a price on their head; and even when things have been fairly quiet in Britain from terrorist attacks, I've only seen the lower security alert active for a few months out of the last 4 or 5 years.  All other times it's always at the higher threat level.

Let it be known that all terrorism is the same.  Whether it's an act of war or not, no one goes out asking to receive this and therefore all instances are technically an act of war. If a terrorist kills 1 or 100,000 then I do not distinguish any difference - they remain pure evil.

Just my 2 pence worth....

Regards

Nexx
NEXX