Author Topic: Beta testers coming forward at WWII Online!  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Beta testers coming forward at WWII Online!
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2001, 07:02:00 AM »
RAM, thats very nice for offline performance.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2001, 07:48:00 AM »
Janneh, it looks like AW-3. Honestly. It's not very impresssive in this day and age. Although even AW-3 didn't have a HUD but also did not have trees as nice as those in WW2O.

In general, I personally could care less about seeing my arm move the stick when the gauges do not work in a regular line of sight view.
 But as Jigster and SO many said, if you have no expectations it will be ok. The problem for me is I do have expectations and they are based on two years of company hype.  I do expect them to meet the bar they themselves set that they would meet. Today, with the $40/box. Not six mos from now and not next year. A box purchase of $40 should be for a finished product "Blitz" should have been done, with the navy and everything else they said it would have had. It should not be a literal loan so they could get it "there" sometime over the next year.

-Westy

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
Member of the "Damned 200"!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2001, 09:29:00 AM »
Looks a bit like EAW.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
I'm not impressed with the fact that the dials are not instantly visible - that is completely crap. Do they even move without pressing a key to look at them? What were they thinking?

Although the graphics look ok in screenshots, I wonder how it will run online.

Lastly, the fact that the UK cannot even get hold of a copy from the US's biggest game's distributors (EB), whereas if you live in any other European country you can, is very ironic. Considering one of the major combatants is Britain.  ;)

As for the FM, I was reading all sorts of bollocks over there. Even claims that the Stuka can out turn the Spit.

I'll guess I'll be waiting a couple of months until some of the bugs are squashed. Hopefully the ideas and concepts behind it will shine through the problems.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
I'm not impressed with the fact that the dials are not instantly visible - that is completely crap. Do they even move without pressing a key to look at them? What were they thinking?.

I agree with that, dowding. The gauges indeed move but are not very clear. There is a key to "look" at the instruments, but I think that the dials should be better readable directly from standard view,but once you get used to it is not that bad. (tho it could be way better)

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2001, 01:16:00 PM »
Hey Westy!
Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either and I'm not going to WWIIOL, I'm perfectly happy here  :)
I posted it just because I haven't seen those kind of pics from WWIIOL yet.

<S>!

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Oh, no problem Janneh. I was honestly only commenting on the screen shot, of which there's a little shortage of these days from the air segment of the game. Plenty of ground pounding sceen shots which just didn't get to Panzer Elite's level after all  :(

To be honest you (*or anyone) shouldn't ever feel guilty going elsewhere if that is where you find your fun. Those who choose to fart first and then run get the response they deserve though  :)

-Westy

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fatty:
Looks a bit like EAW.

That was my thought exactly.  Looks almost exactly like EAW's 3D cockpit mode, only with unreadable instruments and no useful HUD containing flight info to compensate.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
Psst, I was flying that Stuka...  :D

------------------
Moo. Happy now?

Offline Hess

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2001, 09:48:00 PM »
Well the beta testers did have the patched version... I'm aobut 75% through the patch download... I am not impressed with WW2ONLINE straight from the CD.. The start up time is awfull and the graphics are far below AcesHigh.  I cant use the HAT on my MS PP stick like I can with every other sim I have... All I can say is that the patch had better work or back the game goes.. opened the box at the seams..... Anyway I hope it works because the size and scope of this game if it works will be awsome!!

Offline Skybax

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2001, 12:01:00 AM »
spit's and all planes act as unnatural as WB's 2.77

LOL

And how does AH torque factor compare to WB 2.77?

Oh that`s right, AH has no torque and is perfectly natural and 100% realism.  :D

Anyone can pick apart any sim.