Author Topic: Thoughts on the 109F4  (Read 2134 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:58:42 PM »
Flew 1 hop in the DA and 1 in the MA....

All in all a very decent fighting platform. Still has outstanding climb and acceleration and is formidable when flown to its strengths. Is a bit "wobbly" as it bleeds E in any type of flat turn and requires alot of elv input (trim and/or stick) as it speeds up. Has poor ballistics which certainly makes it more difficult to score with compared to most other planes in the set.

http://www.azhacker.com/images/109F4inMA.ahf
http://www.azhacker.com/images/109F4.ahf

I'm not an uberstick regardless, and this is the 1st time I've flown the 109F in AH2 (had to set views in DA this morning). I can see how eagler and the other 109 aces can make the bird sing. Based on limited experience in other 109's Ithink the F might be the most versital of the bunch by far....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:02:13 PM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 01:11:21 PM »
Emils,  ya gotta like Emils :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 01:19:25 PM »
109F is a spit in disguise.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 01:33:42 PM »
To me there is a huge differance...now part of it might be stick since I just replaced my X-45 with a X-52 and hate the twisty stick. But the thing is much more "squirrelly" then a spitty in a true T&B fight...nose is all over the map and it wants to spin all the time....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »
IMO the franz is the bestest 109 but I always love a good Emil flight.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
IMO the franz is the bestest 109 but I always love a good Emil flight.

Only time I've flown the E is in the CT...ballistics are just horrible. 202 much much better bird IMO...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 03:43:50 PM »
I like the E's performance over the 202. Plus the Emil has the 2000 rds of 7mm in the nose. It's very effective. I've gotten 3-4 kill sorties before in an Emil (not in CT) with 1x ammo and fuel multipliers. It's quite capable, even against Spits and Hurris.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 04:00:32 PM »
I'll have to check it out...dont think i've flown it since AH1. As of then it was a grossly under powered dog (IMO) with no redeeming features at all. Basically pawned by P40-b and similiar birds...cant imagine it being a match for any flavor of spit or hurricane but I'll fire one up next time I log on....

Offline IK3

• Copper Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 04:03:32 PM »
I feel guilty flying 109F, I like the G-6 better because of its manliness. I like the G-2 too but the feeling of virtually flying a german plane is not present (no offense to the Fins:)) The G-10 is an overkill - too much power and torque on its 13 yr old design airframe...

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »
Originally posted by humble
I'll have to check it out...dont think i've flown it since AH1. As of then it was a grossly under powered dog (IMO) with no redeeming features at all. Basically pawned by P40-b and similiar birds...cant imagine it being a match for any flavor of spit or hurricane but I'll fire one up next time I log on....

Emil is great Vs spits and hurris it should be able to just out turn the spitV bearly but the spit bearly out turns it eather way it gives the spit a run for its money.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 04:24:19 PM »
I dont recall it having enough power in the vertical vs the spitV...obviously the spit I is its historical foe and I dont know how much difference there is since I almost never fly spits (cept in last month or so)...I just remember the 202/109E vs spits (or was it hurricanes) & P40B's in med...flew 202 after realizing my stick wouldnt survive being pounded on much more...(old X36 was more JB weld then plastic:))....

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 06:45:18 PM »
Flew a couple of hops in the DA in 109E vs Skyrock in SpitV. No question he's got a better set of merges than I do....but we both came away thinking the 109E (in my hands at least) has zippo chance vs a spit V. So if you can take on a well flown spit V in one your alot better than I am....

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 06:57:18 PM »
the only person who I cant even get a shot on in a Emil vs. a spit is that bastage bat:aok  most the little MA tards who have no skill and do the same crap are easy in it.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 07:39:59 PM »
maybe if the spit turns with you your fine...skyrock took me up in modified doubles off relatively even merges...he had a bit of edge but Ifelt "OK"...then he rolled and pointed noes up and just topped me out...vertical seperation was less than 600 but no chance for me to get nose up enough...the 1 I got away and got a good rev but couldnt do anything with it...the second he just smacked me down hard....in both cases I simply didnt feel like I had anything to exploit. Obviously pilot quality is the big issue....skyrock will beat me spitV to spitV most of the time....but its close and I'll sneak one occasionally. My merges simply arent up to snuff for the DA (yet)....if I get by "even" I can make a good fight of it....109E I just had no chance...think the spit can get around on it in just a couple of turns...or loops....then again I'm certainly not a 109 ace.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Thoughts on the 109F4
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 07:52:56 PM »
After all the SpitV  uber bla bla discussions,  TK and I happened to be in the DA last night and gave them a good work out .

In pure Co-e turnfights we had many awesome  fights to the deck, that were as good as any fights you could wish for in the CT. It was great fun to fly in the "other man's shoes".

And even though TK certainly won more than he lost , the F was able to sneak in a couple of wins , and certainly was able to "put up a fight". An experienced 109 pilot such as Eagler would have probably fared even better. Now  we didn't do anything like try it against a G6 or a G10 , where the pilot as much better options than turnfighting , or for that matter against the E , which would do a better job of turning with it. So my original opinion still stands , as does the thing that irks me about all the Spit-whining, you want it all one way. To me , you guys are way too paranoid about the Spit V .

And , I really think you should spend some time in "the other mans shoes" you may see that the grass is not all green on the other side. The point I was trying to make in the other thread, was the SpitV is no more tougher opponent  in the Euro theatre than the NIki is in the PAC .

here's a challenge for any of you guys - to  fly  the allied side of

SpitV    vs   109E, F , G6, G10

Niki  vs   Fm-2, F6-F , F4u-1 , F4U1C

(VWE this offer still stands any time you want to pop in to  DA)

Not only will you have fun , you'll learn something about the other side of the fence and you'll have some great fights,  probably also have a better idea of how to fight against the bad dudes
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 08:07:29 PM by Redd »
I come from a land downunder