Author Topic: Guys, Wouldnt you like to see..  (Read 327 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Guys, Wouldnt you like to see..
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:34:16 PM »
Was watching some old ww2 films of air bases and such being attacked, even tho most passes took place at250+ mph, you could still clearly see people runing around on the ground, if a ship sunk or tiped over from combat damage,you could see sailors jumping ship.

Would be nice to have x3 troop planes, you know...watch 30+ troops pile out, and assault.

Of course it would take 30 troops or so to cap a base,but the end resault would be a much more "real" looking ground assault with troops.

I guess what we have right now is alright,for what they are needed to do,but its still just so damn bland it drives me nuts.

WHY CANT WE HAVE A FEW TROOPS RUNING AROND!?
Make stupid Ai that run too and from hangers, have a few jeeps driveing to and from locations on a base,make it come alive.

Janes ww2 fighters has deer you could see and zoom by and shoot. I figure maby we could too,maby even a flock of birds to fly by. "waaaar my frame rate" fine,make the deer a flat sprite,not like you will mind a deer sprite at some 150+ range away guning it down.

They did the same thing with tanks, if a tank was disabled before it blew up,you would see little men pile out and they would just run off in diffrent directions.

That would be great to see,hit a panzer so hes dead "INSTEAD of him blowing up,or his turret poping off" make it so some driver/guys pile out and run away. That way even if you die, your men still get out,and for the guy who kills you, he would be treated to A: a tank blowing up B: the men bailing out before it blows up or C: men trying to get out but being blown up in the blast range of the tank.

We could even straff jeeps and such while attacking bases, maby put a few people in the towns, or  a few civilian cars to drive around to pre-set roads,and such. just for eye candy.

And i know about the frame rate issues people have had with the new trees,thats why i think makeing the cars out of very simple shapes,with useing transparent backing to cut out the needed shapes,such as tires and such,makeing a 40's pick up truck, only like 28 faces or so, but still good enough detail to look good.
Then just make every "human" into a sprite,that way at least they wouldnt suck up more fps, and you could still animate them with runing animations,death animations and the like. Or use a combo system sprites for 800+ vis range, and 100- it go's to a 3d model for detail for gv's and such.

The point being is to make the world come more alive, its just so stail right now,everything we shoot is a gunner platform,or a player in a gv or plane/bomber/ship.

But we get nothing else to straff and shoot at, no boats takeing stuff from dock to dock, no cars driveing around aimlessly, no deer..no sheep..no horses, no birds. "All A.I. Driven and operated"

Most of these ideas would be simple code aditions, when a tank dies, he has a 1/3 chance of spawning some "objects" these objects could be smoke/fire, or a "human" shaped sprite/object (model) that travels along the ground for say 15 seconds moveing in one direction. "then vanishes"

What we would see is the tank blow up,men apear then start "runing" away from the tank,simple effective,and nice to watch. brings the battle to life, imagine watching little sailor sprites jumping from a sinking ship, watching bomber gunners/pilots bailing out form a shot down bomber, seeing a AA gun not blow up for once,but watching the men inside SCATER as your tracers go tearing thru the gun implacement "sudgesting the guns damaged,and the gunners are now dead/hurt or with brown pants and runing for a new change of pants."

Dunno to me being a modeller and game maker, it apears to be a simple thing to do, just adding a few more things to whats already here.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 11:13:57 PM »
I like the idea of ships moving cargo, mind you we have trains and trucks and I have only ever attacked a convoy once.

Birds would be good; we could have air strikes then.

And the idea of jeeps and supply trucks running around on the base would be cool.

But I think that we also need to think about the game-play.

At the moment it feels a little pointless bombing, I still do it but the effort and time required for a bomb run is somewhat pointless when the hangers are up in 15 minutes and the furballers snap at ya for dropping an FH.

Mind you I understand this cause I have found myself furballing a bit of recently and I have to say that I like it.

I think there needs to be some sort of strategic targets, ones that have a real effect on the arena. I have a few ideas but want to nut them out before I voice them.

As I have said in other posts I love playing AH in its current form and the HTC guys are doing a great job but I think it would be even better if some changes were put in place that made the different types of aircraft and GV's more important in winning the reset.

Later All

Offline Naytch

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 02:28:38 AM »
Ooooh strafing civvies in the towns, dogfighting pelicans and seagulls on the beach, shooting up "elite" ranger troops with my .45.... I like it! Can we have this? preety pweeez???  

:(  :(  :(

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 02:45:08 AM »
All I have to say is, it would hurt framerates. I much rather see HTC work on something more important. Like new vehicles, or fixing the 200 foot trees.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 05:09:25 AM »
Nothing wrong with the trees. It`s the leaf gnomes that will get ya. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------