Author Topic: Euros:1 Texas:0  (Read 1849 times)

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
Euros:1 Texas:0
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2005, 03:41:31 PM »
Dont think you'll find any Amish on here. I think there version of the "Internet" would be a line of folks relaying a verbal message from one end to the other. ;)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2005, 04:07:21 PM »
Even more reason to not insult them.  They cannot be here to defend themselves.  :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2005, 04:10:15 PM »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »
Since I happen to Work in Austin , and VERY near the capitol , and VERY near to the very Legislators that did this , I will say......

This "Law" has been amended and the Local School boards will have the say.

read the Bill.

I think it's a crock that this was even an issue.

Trust me when I say that the things that go on in the House is ...hmmmm...how do I say it tactfully....hmmmm....

a bit goofy?
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop

This "Law" has been amended and the Local School boards will have the say.

I guess that is why the Senate was not only willing to bring it up for a vote but to actually approve it. Last I heard they were going to let it die.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2005, 04:55:02 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Score one for the Euro's alright, morally bankrupt, decadent to the point of being w/out any knid of moral compass at all.

You are comparing profecional stripers to highschool chearleaders.  Don't you think there is a difference?  

As far as the moral goes, it sounds like the problem was just taxes.  Are there no tax paying strip clubs in the US, or is the US also morally bankrupt?  Also, there is no chear leading (kids having sec with their clothes on) in EU.  Sounds like Texas is the one with the problem.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2005, 08:06:48 PM »
No problem Ded....

This bill was introduced by a minister who is a legislator. It has nothing to do with "Stripping". It has nothing to do with Taxes.....It all amounts to Cheerleaders in High School be allowed to do sexually suggestive dancing. No more no less.

It's also been amended so that basically it will be up to each school board to police it.

Some parents in a district complained about a routine done by the local Squad. It was shut down by the school board. If I am not mistaken...and I could be...it was in this Legislators district. He was made aware of it.

Media blitz and all it came to national attention. He made the circuts making his ponit and it passed.....from the house to the senate.

It passed by I think 4 votes.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it at all.

The Bill is full of holes. No standards of what is sexually suggestive at all.

This was nothing more than a statement bill and vote. Unfortunatley it got bigger than most Texans , myself included would have ever wanted.

Its just someone pushing and agenda....what a shock...its Politics.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2005, 08:51:30 PM »
vague and arbitrary laws are not legal and can be challenged.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2005, 09:52:04 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
vague and arbitrary laws are not legal and can be challenged.

I'm not debating the "Law" or this "Bill". I am simply making it a bit easier to understand where it came from.

I'm not challenging it eiher. It doesnt effect 1 aspect of my daily life in the least.

I simply agree with alot here in this state that this is a stupid bill that has wasted time that they don't have to waste. Without going into to much detail I am fairly knowledgeable on what goes on during the session of the legislature.

They waste a ton of time and crunch in the end. Much like a Colledge student who drinks beer and parties until a week before finals. Then say well I guess I better cram and pass.

The state needs a balanced budget , revamping of the Education system , and quite a few other things. Instead they worry with 12 million dollars to help the under privledged fix thier dang cars.

I'll leave it at this.......Texas is not uniqe I'm sure in the aspect of the legislature and how does business. I feel fairly confident that every state is the same basically.

Politics means exactly what the guy said in the movie "The Hunt for red october".....

"WHen Im not kissing babies I'm stealing thier lollipops".

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2005, 10:02:38 PM »
OK, clue me in.

Parent A's child is a cheerleader and the Director of Cheerleading has all the teenage girls dry-humping the megaphones, rubbing their chests and massaging their crotches at the football game in front of a cast of thousands.

Does the parent not have one simple option here?

Am I missing something?

Parents are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Choose.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2005, 10:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
OK, clue me in.

Parent A's child is a cheerleader and the Director of Cheerleading has all the teenage girls dry-humping the megaphones, rubbing their chests and massaging their crotches at the football game in front of a cast of thousands.

Am I missing something?

Toad, do you have a link? Uh...preferably video? Not that I don't believe you about megaphone humping, but I'd like to see this for myself.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
Yes Toad...exactly.

I should also say that MOST laws that pass out of the house are slam dunks. The vote I mentioned and the margin of 4 was on second reading. And when the "First" Vote was taken on second reading it was a tie. 64-64. The speaker looked at the Arthur of the bill and said it failled. I am sure because he had the tie breaking vote. However the guy asked for a record vote. when all was done it was like 4 votes differnce and it passed to 3rd reading because some people wern't there to have their vote recorded. so they were a nothing vote. When it was tallied more of the No votes wernt there than the yes votes and BAM...passed to 3rd reading...where it passed by a larger margin.

It only passed by THAT margin because of the ammendment if I heard correctly.

It will all be up to the school boards anyway....like it should be to begin with. SHould have never been brought up.

I don't think cheerleaders have any business doiig what they were doing. But the Legislature should have been quiet. The TEA Comissioner should have been told behind closed doors to get a handle on it or find a new job.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2005, 08:49:21 AM »
well... I would say that making a law is allways a bad thing.  If it is that bad and a danger to children then the state should fire the school adminestrators who are not keeping it under control.

It seems that they are not doing their job.

lazs

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2005, 09:00:57 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
OK, clue me in.

Am I missing something?

Toad, as to how a family member is involved, I agree 100%.

However, I'd also say a community member has an interest in what the teachers in a local school expose the children to, and that local community action at the school district level in matters like this is an important and appropriate thing.

This BS in the state legislature, OTOH, is publicity whoring, nothing more nothing less. It should be considered as abuse of office and reason to remove those involved, IMO.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2005, 09:03:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
well... I would say that making a law is allways a bad thing.  If it is that bad and a danger to children then the state should fire the school adminestrators who are not keeping it under control.

It seems that they are not doing their job.

lazs

lazs, even though I agree with you in that these administrators should be held accountable, I do NOT want someone from the state coming to my local school district and dealing with it, including having the power to fire my school district's administrators. These are local issues and should be left to the local voting populace to deal with.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey