Author Topic: Acoustics  (Read 586 times)

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Acoustics
« on: May 07, 2005, 02:14:55 AM »
I'm looking to buy a new acoustic guitar, and can't seem to make up my mind. I really like Taylors, Breedlove, and Takamine.

Anyone have any suggestions of a good acoustic in any of these brands, or any I havn't listed.

Thanks

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:19:54 AM »
Mathiason Guitars

Send me a set of this and a top and I'll hook ya up :D

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Acoustics
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 02:22:15 AM »
Haha, and how much would that cost?

As long as the guitar sounds good, I'm up for anything. But I warn you, I'm picky, I must have a certain sound quality in my guitars. :p

Can you raise the bar?

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 02:48:53 AM »
LOL.

Antiwar guy's with flip-flop sandal's!:rofl

Offline scott123

• Copper Member
Acoustics
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 03:01:11 AM »
Your pro-war then I take it.:rolleyes:

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Acoustics
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 04:09:52 AM »
I was going to buy a new acoustic recently but decided to put it off a little longer since I really don't have time to practice as much as I'd like.  I've always been a fan of Takamine so that's what I'd recommend!  Have a look at http://www.takamine.com/ I think you can download a PDF brochure from there (well I did last year, the link should still be there somewhere).
NEXX

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »
Originally posted by XtrmeJ
I'm looking to buy a new acoustic guitar, and can't seem to make up my mind. I really like Taylors, Breedlove, and Takamine.

Anyone have any suggestions of a good acoustic in any of these brands, or any I havn't listed.

Thanks

local guitar shop was going out of biz.  I picked up a Takamine for cheap.  (paid 400.00 ish for a 7-800.00 git fiddle) and love it.  

Taylors nice.  Not familiar w/ Breedlove.

I always used to play Alvarez guitars, but this particular Takamine was just so, so, SMOOTH when I played it.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Acoustics
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 09:00:50 AM »
when you get it i want a song...

call it...

Ballad of Megastudlydud....

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Acoustics
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 09:05:20 AM »
Yamaha's are good too.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Acoustics
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »
here

and here

Both done with this:

Martin Alternative X
00 Grand Auditori
link to geetar schtuff

« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 09:23:29 AM by Golfer »

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Acoustics
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 03:26:13 PM »
I've never played a Yamaha Guitar I didn't like...if you're not looking for high end they are very hard to beat for the price. I would avoid Takamine if you can afford to and yes Taylors are an excellent Guitar if you have the money to spend.   I have an 18 year old Taylor acoustic...have never found a need to replace it. Fender makes fine affordable acoustics these days as well as Ibanez and Washburn. Have fun shopping and try them all...good luck, .
BTW if Iwas to buy a new acoustic it would be a Taylor with Maple Jumbo or Grand concert body. Just reread your post and price dosn't seem to be a problem. Taylor in the last year or so has developed, (with the help of a well known sound man...can't remember who), a very innovative new pickup configuration that must be heard to be believed. Marketing blurb is that it is the most authentic acoustic reproduction you can get plugged in. From my experience it does have OUTSTANDING sound quality. If you can afford a guitar in this price range you would be doing yourself  a disservice by not trying the above mentioned model out. If ya try it, please let me know. I'd be interested to know how you like it.  Again, good luck and have fun!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 03:37:43 PM by aztec »

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Acoustics
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 04:20:06 PM »
Yamaha Guitar? probrably like their motorcycles(cruisers that is)...looks alot like the American counterpart..but sounds alot different:D

Oh and the Ovation Acoustic is very nice BTW.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Acoustics
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 04:31:26 PM »
Have you ever played one ASTAC? And what makes you think the Acoustic Guitar was invented in America? Hmmm, I can smell a stupid political debate coming up.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 04:35:23 PM by aztec »

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Acoustics
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by aztec
Have you ever played one ASTAC? And what makes you think the Acoustic Guitar was invented in America?

Just making a joke...I've played many Yamaha Instruments over the year starting with middleschool band. They are of high quality.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Acoustics
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »
Alvarez makes a pretty good instrument.  I've never played their high-end stuff, but my RD-8 is incredible and was worth at least twice as much as I paid for it, IMO ($210).

Then again, I've never played a Taylor that I didn't like.

I can't vouch for their acoustics, but my Yamaha electric is fabulous.  Their acoustics are definately worth looking for.