Author Topic: Last night's A2 Battle!  (Read 628 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« on: May 09, 2005, 01:23:45 PM »
Had to be a historic battle at A2 last night!!!!!!!!.never seen sooo many attackers...never seen Rooks put up such a great effort to "hold the fort" my congrats to all friend and foe!!!!..was great fun!

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 02:06:04 PM »
Great all day furball!

It always cracks me up when people complain about "I can't find a fight", funny, I find one every time I'm on.  Must be a west coast thing I guess.

It was nice that the fight was allowed to go on for the most part, fun nazis at a minimum, at least while I was there. I don't think many were too serious about taking the base.  I had to laff earlier in the day, when A2 was totally down, not a rook in sight, and suddenly the entire Knit airwing decided to hit 74 because of a bomber or two coming up from there.  !Strategery :rofl

And thank the higher powers that there was no cv involved for 68------ to drive in donuts till it got sunk.

One question, just how do you drive a panzer up the side of a 10,000 ft elevation to attack 21? No spawns and the closest base is at least sector away and a lot lower? I wanted to switch sides just to see how long of a drive it was.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:10:24 PM »
It certainly was a hoot.  Just a concentrated no-holds barred, roll in the mud, knife fight.

If every night in AH were like the fight at A2 last night, the arena would be packed to overfllowing.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:12:14 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Great all day furball!

It always cracks me up when people complain about "I can't find a fight", funny, I find one every time I'm on.  Must be a west coast thing I guess.

Well, you may have a point there. It seems to me (east coast) that the good fights always start at the time I need to log off (>midnight):(

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 02:39:11 PM »
yes, wile you boys were playing chase the monkey at A2 the rooks were taking 5-6 bases on the east coast almost unopposed.  
There was only pacman and a few others fighting off the hords.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 03:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
yes, wile you boys were playing chase the monkey at A2 the rooks were taking 5-6 bases on the east coast almost unopposed.  

Yeah, so? If we hadn't been engaged at A2, then A21 would've gone down for sure. BTW, speaking of hordes, we had a heck of a lot of rooks engaged there with us.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 03:34:36 PM »
LoL, wtg all you brave rooks! A big for your heroic fighting against feild ack and toolsheds:rofl :rofl :lol :rofl :rofl
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »
A2 was your idea of a furball last night? I must have missed something then. When i was on it was gangbang and cherry pick heavn with droves of B-24s killin the tool sheds at A2

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 04:23:50 PM »
I have never seen so many red icons all in the same place. RTWoodard and I were the only vehicles at one point. Me driving around the town shooting at planes, him covering the map room.
With our only aircover being 999900 in bombers.  At one point I thought for sure we were goners.  2 goons dropped at once  I was able to pot one of the troops in the air and woodard was able to get enough so they could not take it. then more  GVs spawned in and we got help and supplies.

I had to log at 11:00PM central and the fight was still going strong.  A great fight and a good time.  My hand hurt from being clenched tight around the trigger for over 2 hours.

I hate 110s when I'm in an osti

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »
Originally posted by Wadke
A2 was your idea of a furball last night? I must have missed something then. When i was on it was gangbang and cherry pick heavn with droves of B-24s killin the tool sheds at A2

Come on Wadke, you picked me in your P40 and you know it:)

I had a good time even if I did die alot.  

I do wish I could have done something about the folks who always seem so thrilled to have killed the hangers,

That happened at a couple of different fields last night.  Perfectly good dogfights, shot to pieces by a toolshed killer

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 04:28:52 PM »
Hmmm, I missed the knit b24 parade then.  When I was on it was lotsa nme planes from 2 and 8, turnfight, bnz, alt monkeys,  
grass cutters, vulchers, whiners, noobs, dweebs, vets, whatever you wanted pretty much.  Plus big bomber formations from further north east  incoming into A21.
I'm not surprised the toolshredders showed up, everybody else did too.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

I think this guy is trying to make a point.

But does anyone know what point he is trying to make? ;)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 04:50:40 PM »
was a good time, won some, lost alot;)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 04:59:04 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
I think this guy is trying to make a point.

But does anyone know what point he is trying to make? ;)

Yeah, he's saying while most of the Knight force was attempting to take A2 for 4 hours, the rest of the map was getting hammered by the Rooks & Bish.

I know we lost 8 bases alone just in the time it took for the Knights to finally get A2:(

Big waste of manpower IMO,  it's their $14.95 so what can I say.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Last night's A2 Battle!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »
Yup, was quite the battle.

I think i have more chute time then fighter time!