Author Topic: Fighter Town  (Read 1124 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »
Flew in it a bit last night. Had fun for a while, but it was pretty short lived.

I think it is worthwhile carrying on with the concept, but not sure if an entire week is warranted. Maybe a weekend setup?

I guess for me, the criticism is that if I want to fly this type of arena, I can do it for free in H2H.

I'm not sure if airshow smoke was intentionally enabled, but think it needs to go. Just made it seem like a slightly larger H2H room.

The bases need to be a little farther apart I think and increase the alt cap to 10K.

For this to work, it really needs its own map. Any old AW's remember Fighter Town in the PAC arena? Something like that would be ideal for this type of gameplay.

My opinion isn't all negative though. I kind of like the idea, but think it needs some growing. Still think that it would be better as a limited setup reserved for weekends, or a couple of days mid week.

As far as plane sets, I think a rolling plane set would be fun. IE: 1st setup, early war, 2nd setup mid war, and 3rd set up late war.
It would help balance the planeset a bit.

All in all, its nice to see people actively trying to make the CT work on different levels.

Cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 11:02:26 AM »
Tried it last night and it was fun.  However, I can see how it could get old eventually.  So, change it around.  A week of this, a week of the old CT, a week of something else like Spits vs 109s, Germans vs Russians, US vs Japan etc.  Keep it interesting.  

Last night was fun  
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 11:17:21 AM »
I didn't fly it, but personally I think the idea of a 120mph down draft is uber ghey.

Let folks fight however they like, as long as they are fighting.

Is dodging a bnz guy really that hard?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
I didn't fly it, but personally I think the idea of a 120mph down draft is uber ghey.

Come try it and see.

- oldman

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 12:45:35 PM »
The setup is only for a week but a rolling planes set sounds interesting. maybe couple days early then mid then late?

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005, 12:49:04 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
or this:

eskimo

That map i showed has 30k walls...

puffy ack can be removed as soon as they put out a new TE that will allow custom objects in the new version of AHII...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 12:56:57 PM by soda72 »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2005, 02:13:18 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
where did u get that from. i quit the ct staff when i tryed to quit ah. i wasnt removed i quit.

lol ok. Doesn't really matter anyway.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2005, 05:49:02 PM »
Keep in mind fellas that the CT is only being used as a test bed for the "Fighter Town" concept. There are no future plans to run this as a regular set up. Im not saying it will never run again, it most likely will if there is a dedicated map for it. But at the present its nothing more than an experiment.

Im glad people are enjoying themselves this week and please keep the input coming. For those that are hating it, its only 3 more days.:aok