Author Topic: problem ive been having  (Read 1063 times)

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 06:23:41 PM »
if the MA were only to have good one on one fights.
Then they would only allow 2 in the arena.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
problem ive been having
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 08:19:24 PM »
Well I was just on for one sortie.  As a reference, you were chattering insesintly about A38, first on ch1, then on ch2.  
I pulled patrol west then north of A38 getting two victories (1v1).  Then followed a P-38 in to A38 and got the victory on him (multi v multi).  Then spotted a lone 109 w of the town and got victory #4 (1v1).  I spotted a dot near the strat city which turned out to be a P-38L.  Victory #5 (1v1).  4 of 5 were 1v1, and none got an opportunity to HO.

You need to learn some things to find what you seek including some counter HO merges.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 09:31:12 PM »
Were these real fights, or just Bnzing?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 09:41:10 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123

I recall at least one fight where you came in on me (at least I figure it was you, since you were the only Ki-84 in the area), I avoided you, and we got into a scissoring fight that lasted at least a minute.  I don't recall how it ended -- whether I shot you down or someone else came along and did the deed -- but I do recall not dying.

Guess what... that's 1v1 even if someone came along to pick you.  You had your opportunity, you had isolated me, and you had a chance to defeat me 1v1 before someone swooped in to rescue me.  Next time, kill faster.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 10:07:12 PM »
Yeah Lev that was that ONE time.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 10:10:43 PM »
Some tips for 1vs1:

1. Manipulation

A fight starts out 5 vs 5. You will become something like a 'double spy'. Basically help your friends, but carefully manage yourself so as one of the enemy dies, one of your friends die also. Carefully control the situation so in the end, it becomes 2 vs 1 in your favor.

Let the single remaining enemy duke it out with your single remaining friendly, and you will not intervene. Just maintain the illusion you will help your friendly. If your friendly dies, the enemy is in low-alt low-E status, and you are 1vs1. Ha!

This is an evil method, and if used too much, sooner or later people will start seeing for what you are, and gonna hate your guts. It's a favorite 'vet method', though, consistent with their policy of "use friendlies as bait - cherry pick the hell out of the battle - be the first to run away when things go bad - leave all your friends behind - land 10 kills, while the rest of your friendlies who were in that area are all dead". :D

2. Lure & Bait

Another method is flying around a hactic fight. If you are observant enough, it's not hard to pick out which of the enemy pilots is aggressive, but not very skilled. Fly around that guy. See if he latches on to you. If he's the only one latched onto you, run away into a direction where no friendly or enemy is present for at least 10 mile radius. Control your throttle and speed, so you maintain the illusion that the enemy pilot can catch up with you. If you speed away more than 2.0, he will give up. So if needed, pull back on the throttle so he stays inside 1.5.

Then, when there's nobody around, make a reversal. Since the speeds are high for both planes, you will break off easily, and soon a 1vs1 fight with about equal E or alt status will begin.

If more than that one guy latches onto you, just run away to your friends, and try again.

3. Be the Drex/Levi

Jump into a 5 vs 1 odds. Shootdown four guys. You have a 1vs1.

4. Harass

Fly in a mid-war plane, and harass an undefended field. Someone will come up. Lure him away from the field with the method as seen in "2. Lure & Bait". Voila, a 1vs1.

I recommend 1 and 2. They are usually most easy to perform. 3 is too difficult for most people, and 4 can become deadly, chased by 5~6 enemy planes who upped, expecting an easy kill.

:D

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 11:19:59 PM »

Why did you forget it and dwell on everything else?  I recall lots of 1v1s that night; I had at least three or four with Drex alone.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
problem ive been having
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 11:41:15 PM »
" Jump into a 5 vs 1 odds. Shootdown four guys. You have a 1vs1."

the only way to furball ...   I myself like those 15 to 1 odds though . :D

Come my young bait ... (oops i mean jedi ) I'll teach you the ways of the dark.

also get together with a couple of guys and go duel .. a neat trick is duel against one and have the second fly around the fight but not engage .. get used keeping an eye on him also ... this helps your SA alot .also film ur fights to review later ..
 ... more jedi tricks to come ..
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 11:53:18 PM »

Hmm, try and bnz DMF or myself sometime and then you can report back from the tower whether you got a 'real fight' or not.

But then what is your definition of 'just BnZing'?  I engaged pursuit once each on 6 different planes.  I disengaged pursiut once each on 6 planes.  I got 5 kills.  Only two tried to evade, and they both died.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 11:56:18 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

2. Lure & Bait

Another method is flying around a hactic fight. If you are observant enough, it's not hard to pick out which of the enemy pilots is aggressive, but not very skilled. Fly around that guy. See if he latches on to you. If he's the only one latched onto you, run away into a direction where no friendly or enemy is present for at least 10 mile radius. Control your throttle and speed, so you maintain the illusion that the enemy pilot can catch up with you. If you speed away more than 2.0, he will give up. So if needed, pull back on the throttle so he stays inside 1.5.

dont use the throttle, use climb rate to reduce your speed ;)

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 05:10:56 AM »
Then as I said...."but, only if you are willing to put up with the afore mentioned "problems". "

these i have no problem with i dont miss with them i let them be and look for diffrent fights if i do have to miss with a ho plane then they better pray i am not in tiffy or il2

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 05:49:03 AM »

Don`t look now, but BnZ is a valid and very usefull tactic. If you are in a turn fighter it shouldn`t be much of a prob to avoid the BnZ.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 06:01:33 AM »
To catch good fights i try to up and patrol somewhere without furball at the momnet but with strategic importance. One or two enemys are then soon spotted to fight with.

Of course, when you up and fly into the thickest furball that is on the map, expect the usuall furball fight with cherry pickers and HOs. Trick is to go to an area that is less dense packed with aircraft.

What i dont understand is you complain about cherry pickers and bnz guys and then boast yourself that you cherry picked leviathan? So... when it is that evil and you dont want any cherry picking, why do it yourself? Or is it only evil if everybody else does it?

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 08:52:08 AM »
i dont cherry pick and if i BnZ i use la7 like i stated in my other post i dont see anything wrong with vulchin cause you doing it to take a base i dont ho unless someone keeps tryin to ho me so i go head on after two to three times its a 50 50 chance and only time i drop in to kill someone on a Knights 6 is if he request help :)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
problem ive been having
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 11:51:11 AM »

Jet, it is a game.  Part of the game is being able to see where the other bad guys are, calculate how mach time you have to engage someone, and kill someone fast while calculating your way out.  Just because a fight may last long, it does not make it a good fight.  Two guys that dont know what they are doing could fight for 15 mins before one gets a shot.  Would that be a good fight?  If Morph, or Levi kills you in 10 seconds, was that agood fight?

You kind of said it yourself.  The MA is not the place to learn how to duel spitVs.  Thats what the DA is for.  You are not going to find out what you did wrong when you are in a 3 on 1 because you will not have time to do something wrong.

What I do if I want fights with better odds is fly NOE to a field.  Once it starts flashing I will clime to 1K or 2K and wait 5K or 6K away from the base for defenders.  And yes, I wait out there until they have speed and alt to make it interesting.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.