Author Topic: Windows services  (Read 269 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Windows services
« on: May 21, 2005, 04:36:19 PM »
question on profiles...
I created a new profile. When disabling items in windows services should I disable them on the main screen or go to the log on tab and disable on enable per profile?

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Windows services
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:03:16 AM »
Well, after figuring it out heres what you do.
In the cntrl panel/system/hardware tab/hardware profiles.

Copy your current profile (profile1) and rename it.
(Gaming, AH... whatever) NOTE: keep one as your default profile so if anything goes wrong you can always go to the original profile

Now you can go to the Cntrl panel/Admin tools/services.
As you go through each service click on the login tab and all your profiles will be listed. Here you can disable sevices for each individual profile.  Again dont change your default profile just in case you have problems... You will still have the original.

Now when windows starts it will ask which profile you wish to load.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Windows services
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 12:03:31 AM »
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Windows services
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 10:09:27 AM »
Program does the same thing I just did, without having to install anythor program to do it.
Hows its safer I'm not sure....you still up to you on which services to disable.

I found it more confusing then just going to the sevices and and clicking on the logon tab and assign rights to each profile I created.

When windows starts all I have to do is chose which profile I want to load and thats it.

But to each his own....For me it was easier to just create differnt profiles and assigning them startup rights.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Windows services
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:39:16 PM »
Bottom line guys, there is nothing enharently "unsafe" about this whole process. If your "Game" profile failes to start you just reboot to your default profile and re-enable the service(s) you may think caused the problem. "No harm, no foul".

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Windows services
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 03:06:51 PM »
You are excactly correct :aok