Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5838 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2005, 01:10:46 PM »
You accused a player of altering the flight model, out of spite, after myself and HT both, have told you it cannot be done.

Armed with that, you are either calling HT and myself liars.  Or you are accusing another player of hacking the game.  In either case, the bulletin board is not an appropriate venue for the discusssion.  If you wish to carry on about this, then email us.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 01:31:11 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

storch

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2005, 01:23:38 PM »
no. I believe you mis-read what I wrote.  I pointedly conceded coincidence and a possibility of some malfunction in my equipment.  as I learn more about computers and their somewhat idiosyncratic tendencies many things become easier for me to understand.  given the level of animosity that developed between certain members of the CT community at the time it was an easy thing for me to consider though I never once mentioned it to anyone until the post you eliminated.

it was not a troll or an accusation of any sort.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2005, 01:33:58 PM »
“Excuse me?  I came here to buy an argument!”

eskimo

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »
I hear thier pretty cheap in here.
:D

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: flowing intelligent discourse
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »
First, thank you for your response, I appreciate your willingness to talk about this calmly.

Originally posted by KONG1
In my business I have interns who work for free, they are greatly appreciated.  I also have customers who come in every shape, size and disposition.  My interns are instructed NEVER to engage a customer.  That’s my job.  If there is a complaint I ignore the form it comes in and try to determine if there is some substance to it.  If there is abusiveness I deal with it calmly and decisively and never bicker.  I find defensiveness abhorrent. If you are not wrong why be defensive, if you are wrong do something about it. Now to answer your questions:

An apropriate example. HTC would be in your place in this case and the CT staff are in the place of your interns. The CT staff can and does handle most problems quite well, but some that are directed at them now, should really be addressed to HTC, and Skuzzy has said as much several times. Some of the complaints that we get now are like yelling at a volunteer at a soup kitchen because your bread is stale and the soup is cold. We should all be grateful HTC even allows us to have a player run arena at all. No, I dont think the CT staff is perfect, and yes, there are some serious issues sometimes, but I do believe they do a good job for the most part. More to the point of this discussion, I think their intentions are true, they do not have the hidden agenda that some see.

First, you need to be more specific, which couple, what attitudes. Attitude is such a big word it is almost worthless.  There are initial attitudes, attitudes resulting from specific treatment, attitudes resulting from other attitudes.  I often receive negative reactions from people because my attitude is: if you say your gonna do it, do it.  I don’t suffer fools easily and believe in personal responsibility.  Some find these attitudes to be very negative others find them quite reasonable.  Attitude is a very subjective thing.  Discussing attitude is always fruitless better to discuss behaviors, which brings me to your next question.

Another very non-specific question and “appropriate” is a highly subjective term.  I can tell you I have behaved inappropriately on occasion but believe I’m way above the curve. I believe everybody’s behavior in the game exists in a gray scale somewhere between Oldman and the guy who just got permanently booted.  If I had to average all the behaviors of all my squadies according to my version of appropriate. I believe they would be significantly above average.  I joined this thread discussing specific behaviors by specific people as they pertain to the game environment. If you have specific examples of bad behavior please enumerate them. If you have examples of abusive behavior or personal attacks that brings me to your next question.[/b]

I did not use specific examples, and that was intentional. You know very well who I am refering too, and you know the behavior I was refering too. I chose not to cut and paste examples because the instances I am refering to were baseless,  irresponsible, and borderline delusional tirades and I will not re-air them since they should not have been posted at all originally. If you want me to, I can cut and paste responses from this BBS posted by the folks in question to represent examples of almost every one of your "unacceptable responses" list from several posts above this, but that really isnt neccessary is it? I would rather not do that if I dont have to.

This one’s easy.  How do you react to personal attacks?

DON’T

Personal attacks make the attacker look bad.  Besides HTC does not cotton to personal attacks or abusiveness. They can, will, and do deal with such behavior in a professional manner. In my business I’m the one who draws the lines not my interns. Take over the top behavior to them.[/b]

I agree with you 100%, and that is how I would handle it, but I have extremely thick skin, and have been dealing with customers in retail business for most of my adult life. Every day I have to give customers bad news of one sort or another that I have no control over and have to try to resolve it to their satisfaction. I can easily see someone not having that background would be more likely to respond to a personal attack in kind. That is not my style, but there should not be personal attacks for anyone to respond to in the first place, yet we see it over and over again.

I understand that some customers that come to me upset, can not be made happy no matter what I do for them. They have already made up their mind and there is no amount of good will that I can extend to them that will win them back as customers, I am sure you have seen the same thing. We have a few here that are at that point, there is nothing that the CT staff can do to make them happy, they are beyond winning back in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 06:14:17 PM by Grits »

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: flowing intelligent discourse
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2005, 07:07:29 PM »
 there is nothing that the CT staff can do to make them happy, they are beyond winning back in my opinion. [/B]

I agree with your opinion, but you have to question why is this thread three pages long??

You are only giving them what they truly desire.

"Ignore them and they will go" is a much better mantra, because it covers many aspects of the CT from it's problems to it's cures.

I think the wisest choice to be made by CT'ers and Staffers is who to ignore and who to not.

To this point I can't say I'm happy with the choices made.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2005, 07:41:47 PM »
yep, some crave attention, even if it is negative
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: flowing intelligent discourse
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2005, 07:58:57 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug

I agree with your opinion, but you have to question why is this thread three pages long??

You are only giving them what they truly desire.

"Ignore them and they will go" is a much better mantra, because it covers many aspects of the CT from it's problems to it's cures.

I think the wisest choice to be made by CT'ers and Staffers is who to ignore and who to not.

To this point I can't say I'm happy with the choices made.

Your right, its three pages because I responded. Most likely it would have faded away if I hadnt chimed in. Call it a flaw, but there is only so much I can take. I try to blow it off most of the time and just watch their meltdowns and chuckle. Guess I need to try harder not to let the idiots drag me down to their level to fight.

:D

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2005, 09:10:28 PM »
You are right Bug. I guess I dont want to give up thinking I might be able to make things right, but I should probably stop.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2005, 10:37:41 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
You are right Bug. I guess I dont want to give up thinking I might be able to make things right, but I should probably stop.

Think Bug is right. Positive threads and remarks get ignored. Crap attracts crap. We've had thread after thread trying to cut down on  the negative stuff. It seems to just encourage the people that like to sling it.

Reasoning , pleading, and trying to talk sense doesnt seem to work. Maybe taking away the audiance will. Ignore the ignorant ravings , and accusations.

There are still enough people that want to fly in the CT , and can manage to work around the things they don't like without all this drama. Try concentrating on the positives. Let the BS rot in empty threads.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2005, 08:06:13 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Think Bug is right. Positive threads and remarks get ignored. Crap attracts crap. We've had thread after thread trying to cut down on  the negative stuff. It seems to just encourage the people that like to sling it.

Reasoning , pleading, and trying to talk sense doesnt seem to work. Maybe taking away the audiance will. Ignore the ignorant ravings , and accusations.

There are still enough people that want to fly in the CT , and can manage to work around the things they don't like without all this drama. Try concentrating on the positives. Let the BS rot in empty threads.

Awe, man...

That kind of talk makes me go limp!

eskimo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2005, 04:51:23 PM »
Go get your kicks in the O'Club:D

Use protection, its nasty in there.:(

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Awe, man...

That kind of talk makes me go limp!

eskimo

here ya go eskimo this should help u

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2005, 08:00:58 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
Don't bring up that hoary old " it's the plane not the pilot"  chestnut again.    ;)

Of course it's the plane:rofl

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline VBF-83Hawk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2005, 09:03:46 PM »
But I thought posts like this were always my fault :eek: