Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5822 times)

VWE

Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2005, 09:28:26 PM »
Its not up to skuzzy OM, so emailin him does no good.

And pethetic is someone who so desperately says they want to make the CT better, doesn't do his job he volunteered to do, then steps in this forum to take a few cheap shots.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
Its not up to skuzzy OM, so emailin him does no good.

And pethetic is someone who so desperately says they want to make the CT better, doesn't do his job he volunteered to do, then steps in this forum to take a few cheap shots.

Well if you say so then it has to be true. Being on the Staff isnt reserved for me and my "cronies". Its pretty much open to those who show they have a genuine intrest in the CT. If you think we are not doing our part then take it to HTC.

Ill be the first to admit the Staff doesnt always have their ducks in a row. This week being a prime example of that. But we do address the issues and work to prevent stuff like that from happening. Stuff not running right in the CT really falls on my head and I take responsibility that. Ive always been open to people ideas and suggestions for trying things to better the CT.

You wouldnt know what Im talking about because you bring nothing to the table. Never have. You have none of the " leadership" qualities you are always spouting off about. You and your minions view this as " its us vs Slash and his guys". You prove that time and again with your silly factless posts anytime you feel you can get a shot in on me. Well whatever dude. Youve shown what you and yours is all about and really no one who truly enjoys the CT gives a damn about you guys. The only thing you provide is the weekly whines and cries about what ever injustice was visited on you this week. You're tiresome, predictable, and cheap. Nothing more.

Whine on:aok

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2005, 10:12:15 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
longer then that squad lasted

oh btw i did a better job in the 2 weeks i was a CM then u'v done since u'v been a CM

lol NOT!!

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2005, 10:15:56 PM »
Well slash if people talked continuous crap about the squad you fly in for almost three years (JG3 and JG54) about how they fly and such there comes a time when you get fed up with the bull**** and snap. Thats what is going on here. What none of yall seemed to realize is that yall say we do this and that and dont take the time to look in the mirror. You know why JG3 and JG54 are trash talkers? Its becuase yalls trashtalk. Countless posts bashing and riping on us pisses us off. Espesually when people say that one squad is the soul reason that noone likes the CT. If you ask me thats one lame bellybutton excuses, because you cant find the reason that people dont fly the CT. But I know why people dont fly the CT, its becuace its not the MA.

(BTW VWE as better learership skills then u do slash and he would be a great CM becuase he knows whats best for the CT and wouldnt slack on the job)

Another thing JG54 was the best thing that happed to the CT, becuase those months when there were noone flying in the CT WE wehre the ones keeping the numbers up flying on both sides. Then when people start flying the CT again they whine cuz we gangbang and cherypick.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:24:02 PM by TrueKill »

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2005, 10:20:57 PM »
CT was fun tonight, good fights, friendly chat, no complaining - good fun actually.

all and thanks for the fights.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2005, 10:21:28 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
My computer savy boils down to hit the E key to make airplane go now. So as far as server issues , I'm in the dark. First I've heard of this though. This is how this problem,,, if it does exsist will get solved though. Communication , not insults. Thanks Krusty.:aok

Agreed! The way to get things fixed is with positive communication, and not tear-downs like some in the other forums might do.

Lowe/Shifty (still not sure which to call ya), this problem has been around for a while, however I don't seem to recall it being so bad in AH1, when *I* hosted. However it is related to the 109s.

In AH1 I could *not* fly a G-2 or F-4. I so much as touched the stick and I stalled/spun out at ever and any speed. Wasn't my stick. I thought the flight model was fubared for a long long time. Then in AH2 I could fly them. I thought maybe it was because of the FM updates the 109s got (most planes got different FMs, with the way forces acted on the planes, anyways). But recently after reading this I wonder if that wasn't a symptom of the same problem, that in the transition to AH2 was lessened or hidden more. If it *is* a hardware problem, perhaps a theme can be found in the systems of those that experience it?

P3 650MHz
320MB RAM
Gateway Intel (I think Intel) mobo unknown type
Ge 256 DDR (32MB) and Ge 4400Ti(128MB) (both used, problem persists)
SB Live! OEM and SB Audigy 2 (both used, problem persists)
3COM 10MBps ethernet card
2 CDs, zip, floppy, 2 HDs (1 on a scsi card)
cable model, split 5 ways through a switch

That about sums up my rig.

P.S. Am using XP SP2 now but believe I had the AH1 problem on Win98SE. I've always kept up to date vid drivers and DirectX.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:23:38 PM by Krusty »

VWE

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2005, 10:29:47 PM »
Youve shown what you and yours is all about and really no one who truly enjoys the CT gives a damn about you guys.

Yeah, what ever slaker er slash... just keep your head in the sand and continue to run the CT into the ground, your doing a great job of that. :aok

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2005, 10:35:21 PM »
Damn, you guys are so sexy when you argue!

eskimo

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2005, 10:43:23 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Agreed! The way to get things fixed is with positive communication, and not tear-downs like some in the other forums might do.

Lowe/Shifty (still not sure which to call ya), this problem has been around for a while, however I don't seem to recall it being so bad in AH1, when *I* hosted. However it is related to the 109s.

In AH1 I could *not* fly a G-2 or F-4. I so much as touched the stick and I stalled/spun out at ever and any speed. Wasn't my stick. I thought the flight model was fubared for a long long time. Then in AH2 I could fly them. I thought maybe it was because of the FM updates the 109s got (most planes got different FMs, with the way forces acted on the planes, anyways). But recently after reading this I wonder if that wasn't a symptom of the same problem, that in the transition to AH2 was lessened or hidden more. If it *is* a hardware problem, perhaps a theme can be found in the systems of those that experience it?

Would this explain the mysterious nose bounce P6E hawk was always complaining of?

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2005, 10:46:24 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Would this explain the mysterious nose bounce P6E hawk was always complaining of?

Yep I have that sometimes to. Uh oh looks like things are adding up.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2005, 11:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
CT was fun tonight, good fights, friendly chat, no complaining - good fun actually.

all and thanks for the fights.

Yup, was a lot of fun, had 16-18 up for the better part of two hours. Even sides, good fights, no trash talking, just killin' and dyin'.

487th, Eagler, RTR and anyone else I missed.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2005, 11:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Damn, you guys are so sexy when you argue!

eskimo

Dont tease me:p

Speaking of having your head up something. Have you ever considered having a window installed in your belly VWE?:aok

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2005, 12:01:32 AM »
---== LESSONS IN LEADERSHIP ==---

“Good lord you're sad. Pathetic really.”

“Get a life”

“If you think we are not doing our part then take it to HTC.”

“no one who truly enjoys the CT gives a damn about you guys.”

“You're tiresome, predictable, and cheap.”

---==========================---

The problems in the CT are not caused by the complaining and sniping of the players.  Complaining is as inevitable as death, taxes, turds and tides.  Not going to go away.  The problems are fostered by the responses of the leadership.

If Hitech, Skuzzy and Pyro involved themselves in a pissing contest every time someone complained about the MA we would all drown. They handle the incessant complaining quite well.  Leadership takes a thick skin, a tight lip, and a broad smile.

One cannot control what comes out of the mouths or keyboards of others.  One can only control what comes out of one’s own mouth and keyboard. The essence of responsibility is to exercise control where one can.

Climbs off soapbox, shakes head, wanders off to bed…
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2005, 12:38:56 AM »
Im not the leader of the CT oh wise one.  Why you think your compadres get a free pass to accuse and insult whatever crosses thier path is beyond me. Intresting advise you give considering the company you keep. Try lecturing them once and see how well that goes for you.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2005, 01:05:32 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Did you read my post?  Maybe you did not touch it.  Maybe it is right, now.  Maybe it was set differently by default or because some one esle touched it.  I am not making things up here.  I remember - I think it was Slash - talking about the stall setting.  The question is, is it related to what these guys reported or not.

There was some confusion about the stall limiter function in the settings. Skuzzy set us straight on which boxes to have checked so we wouldnt over ride people choosing whether or not to have the stall limit on or off. People ended up be forced to use or not use when we had the wrong things selected. That and I disabled your tractor beam:D