Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5821 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2005, 01:35:40 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Would this explain the mysterious nose bounce P6E hawk was always complaining of?

If you check the "nose bounce" thread in the Help section, you'd see its a personal setting.  I had the same problem, have had for some time.  I took the advice in the thread, bingo.  No more nose bounce.  

If I had even a nickel for every time people blamed their problems on HT's coad and quit looking for something wrong on their end, I'd be .............. well, probably not rich, but I'd have alot more than I do now.  :)  

Seriously guys.  Between the tech heads that hang out on the BBS testing stuff, Skuzzy testing stuff, and general "workin it out", almost all bugs are caught early on.  It might take awhile to fix sometimes, but HT has done a decent job of it.  I think if there was a bug that affected FMs it would have been caught by now.

And yes, I seem to notice a difference in flight between MA and CT too, but I still think its the way I fly, not a coad issue.  There are nights I'd say thats BS too, but one thing makes me think it's me over the coad.  It's not consistent.  The only constant here is the underlying coad of the game.  Arena changes, map changes...........they are irrellevant.  Every one is identical as far as the settings go.  Only our movements and actions within the arenas are subject to change.  Even in the MA I have bad nights where it seems I cant fly for squat.  I get frustrated, I make it worse.  Then there are those nights where it seems like I cant lose, where every move is just right and I'm in that zone along the edge and no matter what I'm flying it performs miracles.  I wish I had fewer of the former and more of the latter, but I cant blame it on the game.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2005, 03:08:40 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=148963

Yep, that about settles that.  Think Skuzzy was about as clear and to the point as he could be :)

Dan/CorkyJr
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2005, 03:26:10 AM »
I wonder why a majority of the 77 replies beat the some ol drum...again...and...again... and...again

:confused:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:28:33 AM by _Ro_ »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2005, 06:33:06 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Yep, that about settles that.  Think Skuzzy was about as clear and to the point as he could be :)

Dan/CorkyJr

Hehehe , and then some.:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2005, 10:27:25 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Im not the leader of the CT oh wise one.  

All CT Staff Responsibilities
6. Conduct is in a professional manner when dealing with the CT members.

Why you think your compadres get a free pass to accuse and insult whatever crosses thier path is beyond me.

Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Intresting advise you give considering the company you keep.

I’m pleased that you find my advise intresting  (or is that spelled interesting and advice).  Is there something I wrote with which you disagree?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2005, 11:06:11 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The First Amendment covers public speech. AH is not public, its private and its owned by HiTech, everything you do in AH is regulated by his rules. You can not display a Swastika in AH, yet this would be protected by the US Constitution, same for abusive speech.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2005, 11:07:31 AM »
There was some confusion about the stall limiter function in the settings. Skuzzy set us straight on which boxes to have checked so we wouldnt over ride people choosing whether or not to have the stall limit on or off. People ended up be forced to use or not use when we had the wrong things selected. That and I disabled your tractor beam:D

lol, I always have the limiter off.  Around the same time, I had problems with Spits also, something might have been up effectign everything, not just 109s.  However, there is a problem with my theory.  First, it would require a software bug that would make that setting effect planes that have the limiter off and second, I have not noticed that problem in a while.  Even before the FT arrena.  So, again, I may be full of doo doo :lol

Sudgestions
CT staff
54, disband, change your names, and get a new start.  I think at this point no one is going to take you seriusly even if you make a valid point.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2005, 11:11:30 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

Dan/CorkyJr

Wow, I read a little bit of that thread and it seems that people are talking about the stall setting there too.  Maybe it is something to be looked at by both the CT staff and HT  (assuming it has not already)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2005, 11:30:42 AM »
I have noticed no difference in flight modeling or flight characteristics of an aircraft between the MA, CT, TA, Offline or anywhere.

I dunno, maybe it's just me and my uber PC.

P4 2.6Ghz
766 mb death defying Ram
Geforce FX 5200 uber dweeb killing video card with special power up adapter.

I had fun in the CT last night, and echo Grit's earlier comment. Wish I coulda stayed a while longer, but wife ack was fully loaded.

to all who partook, and came for the fun of it!

Oh, and this CT staff bashing needs to stop. We need to build the CT back up, not tear it down with inuendo and accusation.

RTR
The Damned

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2005, 11:33:18 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
The First Amendment covers public speech. AH is not public, its private and its owned by HiTech, everything you do in AH is regulated by his rules. You can not display a Swastika in AH, yet this would be protected by the US Constitution, same for abusive speech.

You are, of course, absolutely correct in your observations, and I agree wholeheartedly.  My point is this: Returning abuse with abuse is not the way to deal with it. Abusive speech should be dealt with in a professional controlled manner.  Slash should know that you don’t put out fires by dowsing them with gasoline.  As a staffer his job is to quell not incite.

Is there something in my initial post with which you disagree?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2005, 11:33:31 AM »
StallLimitAOA, only has an effect when your have the stall limiter enabled. It is simply the degres before stall AOA that the stick is relaxed.

So if storch is flying with the stall limiter enabled it could change it's ablity to stall, but would not effect any type of plane differently.

If you do not have stall imiter enabled, there is no setting that can change anything about how the planes fly, let alone a setting that would effect 1 plane type.

HiTech

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2005, 11:37:52 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
StallLimitAOA, only has an effect when your have the stall limiter enabled. It is simply the degres before stall AOA that the stick is relaxed.

So if storch is flying with the stall limiter enabled it could change it's ablity to stall, but would not effect any type of plane differently.

If you do not have stall imiter enabled, there is no setting that can change anything about how the planes fly, let alone a setting that would effect 1 plane type.

HiTech

then can there be something with someones computer that might not like the settings and mess with it so that you stall out easyer?

someone said that the nose bounce was because of the persons system if this is true then could this stall thing be the same?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:41:49 AM by TrueKill »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2005, 11:45:39 AM »
It wouldn't change between arena's

HiTech

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2005, 12:12:36 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
You are, of course, absolutely correct in your observations, and I agree wholeheartedly.  My point is this: Returning abuse with abuse is not the way to deal with it. Abusive speech should be dealt with in a professional controlled manner.  Slash should know that you don’t put out fires by dowsing them with gasoline.  As a staffer his job is to quell not incite.

Are you talking about in the arena or here on the BBS? I've never seen Slash act unprofessionally in the arena but I'm not there all the time obviously, and things by nature here on the BBS are nasty and have been for a long time. Most of what I have seen from him that was nasty were responses to personal attacks on him, not his performance as CT staff. Being on the CT staff does not stop him from returning in kind to personal attacks.

Is there something in my initial post with which you disagree? [/B]

Nope, I think you are right, it is indeed like taxes and death, people are just going to complain, nothing you can do about it.

I would never, ever consider being part of the CT staff even though I think I have things I could add because of the incessant whining about some thing or another, most of it either out of the staff's hands or things that are so insignificant it appears to be just an excuse to take a shot at them. Its just not worth it for what you have to put up with IMO and I respect the CT staff for that regardless of mistakes they make from time to time.