Author Topic: Supersize Me.  (Read 1049 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2005, 11:43:45 AM »
not sure there would be room on the package after all the langueages were given equal representation.

Perhaps we should all just move back in with mom and get nutricious meals since we are incapable of making decisions on our own.

lazs

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2005, 12:01:50 PM »
That title made me hungry, think I will go to McDonalds and get a Big N Tasty value meal.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Supersize Me.
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2005, 12:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Eskimo,

Please quote the point where I made any assumptions based on the film. Please let me know where I said anything in the film was fictitious, bogus or correct.

You are making inferences for things I did not state or imply. Your problem not mine.

If I had made a documentary such as this, I would be pretty insulted if someone confused me or my film with Moore.  Obviously you haven’t seen it, but are you telling me that you honestly thought that it was a Moore film, or was it a jab?

eskimo

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2005, 12:31:23 PM »
"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go thru life son..."

...Dean Wormer

On the plus side; Micky D's tends to produce the most magnificent dumps.. truly a religious experience packin that stuff inta the china clipper the next morning.

It's all about satisfaction. I eat it I'm satisfied. I crap it, I'm satisfied. If the 'worst' meal of the weak results in the best dump in recent memory, hey; who am I to challenge postive results from negative input.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2005, 01:01:23 PM »
Eskimo,

It was a jab you dweeb!!  :p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2005, 04:13:28 PM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
I just ate two "Royal cheese" with fries and mayo :D

_Ro_ that must have been a while ago.... plenty of fat pple here too.

J'en suis sur maintenant tu es PD !
Ou alors tu ne le sais pas encore et tu vas le devenir !

btw calling McD production food is an insult to the poor animals who gave their life for us.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 04:16:29 PM by straffo »

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2005, 06:07:49 PM »
I'm concerned that people are either surprised or unaware of a lot of facts.  Not limited to, but also not restricted from, the AH OC.

Yes, fast food is not entirely 'healthy' food.  Sort of like smoking is physically addictive.  You shouldn't have to be told it, it should be common sense from emperical evidence.

Fast food is inexpensive and....well, 'fast'.  You don't have to cook it, just wait in a relatively short line.

On the whole, American's neither excercise enough nor eat the proper foods (see food pyramid).

America is a relatively wealthy country.  Fast food is plentiful, fast, and inexpensive.  Americans are not forced to hard labor in order to survive.  Americans are also complacent about excercise.  Surprise, surprise...most Americans are fat.

Side note:  It's not really McD's fault and it's sad that some parents tried to sue McD's because their kids were fat.  They were the parents who are in charge of what their kids ate, they drove them or provided McD's meals, they provided the money, and they probably allowed their kids to stay inside and play video games or watch movies instead of getting enough excercise.

Sadly, I think it's a cultural thing.  Sort of like a rocket when the fuel runs out, the rockets momentum will still carry it up for a while but it will eventually slow, stop, and start to fall.

I honestly think that America's fuel is running out or already has.  It's just a matter of time before we also lose momentum and start to fall.  Some say that it already has.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2005, 06:47:55 PM »
How can I be bad, you eject it out within a half hour. :D
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2005, 08:08:15 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 sandwich (215.0g)  - NZ:224g

Amount Per Serving
Calories 576Calories from Fat 292  
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32.5g50%     NZ:27.7g
Saturated Fat 12.0g60%    NZ:11.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.8g
Monounsaturated Fat 14.1g
Cholesterol 103mg34%
Sodium 742mg31%    NZ:963mg
Total Carbohydrates 38.7g13%       NZ:37.5g
Protein 31.8g    NZ:28.6g

Interesting the NZ Big Mac seems to be bigger than the US Big Mac and quite a different beast in content.

(http://www.mcdonalds.co.nz/food_nutritional_guide.htm)

Would be interesting to post pics of Big Macs from around the world.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Supersize Me.
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2005, 08:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars
My gripe with fast food is that consumers generaly have no idea just how calorie and fat laden this food is.

That's not a "gripe with fast food", it's a gripe with fast food consumers.  I mean I don't know what would clue them in that it was high in fat, other than the grease all over the wrapper, the nutritional info posted in the store, the way your mouth feels like you just ate an institutional-size tub of vaseline, or the rainbow colored oil slick in the toilet after it's done "digesting".

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2005, 11:33:30 PM »
#8 please.

~AoM~

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2005, 11:39:04 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
#8 please.

Would you like to supersize that?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2005, 04:51:49 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
That's not a "gripe with fast food", it's a gripe with fast food consumers.

Uninformed consumers. Did you know that the bread used for buns in almost all fast food outlets has twice the amount of sugar than store bought buns?

How fatty is that meat before cooking? Why does a quarter pounder only weigh 3.2 ounces after cooking?

Heard about the beef flavoring in MickeyD's fries? They said they would change the recipe and get rid of the beef flavoring after an uproar from the hindu and vegitarian community but still haven't done so after almost two years.

Laying the blame only on the consumers isn't really fair since fastfood outlets only in the past five or so years have been required to provide their nutritional values to their consumers. Prior to that the consumer was on his own to figure it out. Now it still isn't easy to find in the outlet save for a few that actualy post the info in an easily visable, text size and location wise, style. That is probably a marketing decision. Guess who their marketing department is most loyal to, the consumers or the corporation?

This could be the evolution of the Darwin theory though, uninformed or uncaring consumers of this crud will be culled from the herd eventualy.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Supersize Me.
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2005, 07:51:17 AM »

...at home, or abroad.