Author Topic: Here we go...  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Here we go...
« on: December 05, 2000, 04:29:00 PM »
Al Gore is now openly going for Seminole county.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Here we go...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2000, 05:11:00 PM »
Wow - not a good move. Gore would rightly benefit from any proceeding that fell in his favour, but it's a horrible idea for him to actually get behind this wih his own lawyers/money.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Here we go...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2000, 06:24:00 PM »
Now to be fair, he has only gotten on the media and spoke strongly about how unfair Seminole is- but there has already been a connection made between the litigant and one of Gore's lawyers. The fellow filing the lawsuit swore no contact with any member of the Gore team, then under oath was forced to admit he had. I don't know whether that should matter legally, but it is politcally dangerous.

LJK Raubvogel

Here we go...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2000, 06:58:00 PM »
Of course Gore is behind it, whether he publicly admits it or not. Do you really think a private citizen would go to all this trouble and spend his own cash? Maybe, but highly unlikely. It turns out he spoke with Gore's attorneys to get find out exactly how to proceed.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Here we go...
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2000, 07:18:00 AM »
And this surprises you?

Bore has lied the whole time this re-re-re-count has been going on.

He said he would not take legal action if Palm Beach, Broward and, Miami-Dade were able to re-re-count. They had the opportunity to count and he lost so he STILL went to court.

He said he wasn't trying to get Absentee ballots thrown out but he is.

He said if the Floriduh Supreme court rules against him again he will concede, now he is saying he won't.

How many lies does it take before the rest of the Demos start worrying about their own careers?

Al Bore has no future and he knows it so he is going to hang on and do anything it takes to win.

I'm just wondering if when he concedes will he try to make it sound like he was being the BIG man by doing so?

Will he try to make it sound like he had OTHER options but chose NOT to do them for the GOOD of the nation?

Hell the latest CNN (Clinton National Network) poll says that over 80% of the people polled said Bore should concede.

Will he? Not until he has no other options.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Here we go...
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
Methinks as well it's time for Gore to admit defeat. Sure, the counts error margin is greater that the victory margin but it could have been to his advantage.

Just accept defeat and keep playing the game.

He is gonna lose sympathy big time if he keeps this up. I sense the Ameican people as a whole are sick and tired of the legal wrangling.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
while(!bishRookQueue.isEmpty() && loggedOn()){
30mmDeathDIEDIEDIE(bishRookQueue.removeFront());
System.out.println("LW pilots are superior");
myPlane.performVictoryRoll();
}

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Here we go...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
Okay, I'm confused, maybe some Liberals on this board can help explain the Democratic parties stance on this...

First, they say 'Every vote must be counted', but of course, only in Democratic counties..

Now they want to DISCOUNT any votes in Seminole county , which goes against their claim that every vote must be counted...

So, what is it, every vote must be counted, or only votes that favor the democrat candidate?

I'm confused on  their misleading statements.
What message is it they are trying to portray?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Here we go...
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2000, 11:18:00 AM »
Hate to say it, Ripsnort, but they got the goods this time.

I would rather see Bush take the high road and say "The law is important" than to sink to the depths the Gore campaign has in the last month.

I know that is not likely to happen, but it would sure raise the respectability of the Republican party beyond all ability of Al Gore to spin it around. He would have his presidency, but he would pay dearly for it.

Fact is, law was broken. It is up to the court to decide what should be done about it. We cannot stand hard on the law on one hand, then want to bend the rules on the other.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't point out how Al is publicly pushing this case along on the P.R. front with yesterday's news conference. He didn't want to touch this case last week because of the case with Sauls, but oh how quickly he reached for the tactical nuclear strike button when the Sauls case went sour. You are right there, Rip, it is a reverse of his position that he will pay for. Funny thing though, the Republicans are forced to use the FSC decision in part to argue against discounting the expulsion of the absentee ballots.

Stranger than fiction.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Here we go...
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2000, 11:23:00 AM »
I'm not claiming to be an expert on the subject, but from information I've gathered, the Voter's registration numbers were filled in (Computer glitch left them out) manually (Machine couldn't read  the number)...to me that seems reasonable, but if its breaking the law, then I say throw them out, give Gore the victory, and then those Gore supporters will get to sleep in the bed they made!       (Problem is, its my bed too, and I don't like bed bugs      )

Theres also a conflict of interest here, the judge the Dems are asking to review this case was turned down by Jed Bush 4 weeks ago for an Appeals court judge position, talk about trying to stack the deck in your favor! Heheh, them Dems will do ANYTHING, won't they?

Seems like they are trying to throw out votes where voter intent is obvious, but they want them thrown out on hyper-technicalities...yet 'Every vote  must count!'....come, where are the respectable Democrats out there?  Chime in any time and flame your own party..

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-06-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Here we go...
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
The twist is whether or not the Democrats were excluded from the process, or whether they just didn't take the same steps as the Republicans. I don't know, but that seems like it may be the deciding point for many people.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Here we go...
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2000, 12:28:00 PM »
:::chuckles:::  Well, if its a matter of law, why aren't you flaming your own party for being hypocritical, Rip?      Its not enough to say throw those votes out.  You need to denounce those nasty Republicans for saying the rule of law must be upheld with regard to the certification deadline but can be circumvented when filling out voter cards for those machines that happened to make an error.  And darn, if that isn't interesting that its okay for a human to correct a machine error in regard to voter cards and not with a ballot (I am pleading ignorance up front here, I don't know whether the voter card thing is law or not, I am going by what Kieren posted)

Seriously, I don't see how anyone can be happy with either party after this.  My respect for the democratic party is considerably less than it was a month ago.  I certainly haven't gained any respect for the republican party throughout this mess.  At best its a push for them, but then I didn't think much of Bush & co. to begin with.

All I am really left feeling after all of this is disappointment.

Gordo

EDIT: Fixed that, Rip

[This message has been edited by Lance (edited 12-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lance (edited 12-06-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Here we go...
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
Gordo, it was the computer that didn't read the numbers (Voter registration number) correctly, not the voters failing to fill it in.

You, as a Democrat, and I gather a respectable one, need to contact your party and let them KNOW you're disappointed.  Or there *may* be only one strong party after this election, they keep burying themselves day after day in this election.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Here we go...
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2000, 12:50:00 PM »
It is a matter of technical law, for which those filling out the ballot applications should be prosecuted.  However, no one has made a single suggestion that the ballots cast are not real ballots, from real voters, indicating their real choices.

For the record, what happened is the registration numbers are supposed to be preprinted on the mailouts.  (They were preprinted on the democratic applications.  That is why the same courtesy wasn't given to the democrats (boy you have to read hard through the spin sometimes)).  Not only did the printout not put them there, it didn't even leave a space for the id# to be entered.

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Here we go...
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2000, 12:52:00 PM »
 BOTH partys AND their candidates suck for air in this Presidential race!

Think about this a moment,would you have chosen to place either of these crooks/morons on your partys ticket if given the choice?

I seriously doubt it- time to start pushing for voting reform!

Disgusted with the whole mess at this point.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Here we go...
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »
I agree Jihad, that some of us had to hold our noses as we voted this year, but hey, I did the same with Dole/Clinton too (holding nose).

The only reform you'll see is new Florida laws so there is no more 'confusion', maybe a few more states may take a closer look at their laws too.  A deadline is a deadline, but when you have another law trumping that deadline, then you need a new law.  Unfortunatly the Dems wanted to change that law during the election process, thank God for the constitution.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-06-2000).]