Author Topic: For HTC: My suggestion for a new perk list('43~early '44 MA environment)  (Read 10151 times)

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
For HTC: My suggestion for a new perk list('43~early '44 MA environment)
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2005, 06:36:33 PM »
I agree with you Karnak in that it does have flaws.

But show me a game that doesnt. Or anything for that matter.

There are ways of improving or fixing flaws. This is not one of them by an streatch. I also never said the current system was perfect. I never thought I had to clarify that.

I'll always use the F4u4 as a perfect example of something that needs to be changed. Where most of the fights take place. The La7 by far out performs this hog. Some are going to disagree. I'll be happy to demonstrate. But the hog4 is perked to the degree that the tempest is perked. I'm not saying that the La7 needs perking. Lord knows 75%+ of the players flying it are little more than cannon fodder. But what I am saying is that the Hog4 doesnt need to be perked to the degree that it is currently at. I just dont see the reasoning behind it.

BUT> I also dont see the reasoning behind this thread.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2005, 06:51:59 PM »
Just wait for Tour of Duty:  

Historical matchups (have now in Combat Theater).
Equipment availability limited (have now in MA perks).  
Rank and skill ladders (sorta now, score is being kept).  
Death and injury regression (no penalties now).
Many rules and procedures (not so many now).

Meanwhile, back in the Main Arena ... I pay my $14.95 and I wanna fly any plane I want any time with NO perks waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa.  That's my attitude, wailing included.

So what if I don't fly much anymore.  I might fly more if I could be totally uncluttered from perks.  

And hey, I still want exterior views for all fighters and vehicles just like Fighter Ace, MS Flight Sim, X-Plane, and IL-2  Waaaa waaaa waaaa, I weally do.  

It's astounding that a game with so much virtually unlimited potential imposes so many limitations on equipment selection and viewing.  :(
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2005, 06:56:04 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Meanwhile, back in the Main Arena ... I pay my $14.95 and I wanna fly any plane I want any time with NO perks waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa.  That's my attitude, wailing included.

Sorry, but that won't happen.  It'd be 50% Me262s and shortly after it'd be empty.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2005, 06:23:17 AM »
Originally posted by streetstang
You guys want a controled enviorment. Wait for TOD. I've said it before along with countless others before me. And I'll keep saying it. The beauty of this game, and the MA is that you can jump in there and fly any plane at will.  

As a 2 month new player, IMO your opinion on "The beauty of this game" is what makes it less realistic, and a bit ridiculous.

Can I please import my early 70's era Phantom from  Wings Over Virtnam, a  game I've mastered? I think that would add to the beauty.

Whats the goal here anyway?, a huge BS free for all? Because the MA sure as hell looks nothing like any real war, actually it is just a big BS free-for-all come to think of it. Yea, it's an entertaining, even fun, BS free-for-all... but is this a flight sim or sci-fi? Right now it should be the "Fiction Arena" where planes that never flew against eachother go head to head.

I like his idea, somewhat, because as of now I really dont even see a real point in perking anything.. there is already a climate where certain aircraft vastly outclass others, so why not just unperk everything and let the Sci-fi arena carry on business as usual. Toss in a few UFO's and cows that blast ack from thier anus and it wouldn't really matter since the MA is already so far removed from  reality.

I'll say it again, the "game" is fun, but it seems like a real shame to me that such great realism & detail was put into these aircraft, yet the main arena is little more than a giant unrealistic  mess.  Leveling entire towns that have magic buildings that just re-appear?.. whats that!!! lol

I really have to laugh sometimes at how heated and serious some discussions get on particular planes abilities, it seems many people here are real sticklers for realism... yet they happily jump into a Mess Arena that's as 'real' as a $4 bill.

As arcade like as BF 1942 is (or the better WWI mod for BF Vietnam), it's a lot more realistic that this alleged flight sim, you fight for 1 country using thier gear in maps that represent actual scenarios..

So in the end, whats the point of this game? is it a "sim" or a nutty sci-fi adventure?

I really dig on the squad nights and CT, flying closer to the was it "was", the MA is the way it wasn't, i.e fiction... and trying to ballance fiction, IMO, is next to impossible... but I do like your idea.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2005, 06:49:02 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
Just wait for Tour of Duty:  
And hey, I still want exterior views for all fighters and vehicles just like Fighter Ace, MS Flight Sim, X-Plane, and IL-2  Waaaa waaaa waaaa, I weally do.  
(

Guards, carry this person from here immediately !!!!!!!
  External views for fighters is waaaaaaaaay cheesy.
  Ya made a list where you can get this. If that`s what you want you have a few places that your wish can be granted.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2005, 06:52:14 AM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
As a 2 month new player, IMO your opinion on "The beauty of this game" is what makes it less realistic, and a bit ridiculous.

Can I please import my early 70's era Phantom from  Wings Over Virtnam, a  game I've mastered? I think that would add to the beauty.

Whats the goal here anyway?, a huge BS free for all? Because the MA sure as hell looks nothing like any real war, actually it is just a big BS free-for-all come to think of it. Yea, it's an entertaining, even fun, BS free-for-all... but is this a flight sim or sci-fi? Right now it should be the "Fiction Arena" where planes that never flew against eachother go head to head.

I like his idea, somewhat, because as of now I really dont even see a real point in perking anything.. there is already a climate where certain aircraft vastly outclass others, so why not just unperk everything and let the Sci-fi arena carry on business as usual. Toss in a few UFO's and cows that blast ack from thier anus and it wouldn't really matter since the MA is already so far removed from  reality.

I'll say it again, the "game" is fun, but it seems like a real shame to me that such great realism & detail was put into these aircraft, yet the main arena is little more than a giant unrealistic  mess.  Leveling entire towns that have magic buildings that just re-appear?.. whats that!!! lol

I really have to laugh sometimes at how heated and serious some discussions get on particular planes abilities, it seems many people here are real sticklers for realism... yet they happily jump into a Mess Arena that's as 'real' as a $4 bill.

As arcade like as BF 1942 is (or the better WWI mod for BF Vietnam), it's a lot more realistic that this alleged flight sim, you fight for 1 country using thier gear in maps that represent actual scenarios..

So in the end, whats the point of this game? is it a "sim" or a nutty sci-fi adventure?

I really dig on the squad nights and CT, flying closer to the was it "was", the MA is the way it wasn't, i.e fiction... and trying to ballance fiction, IMO, is next to impossible... but I do like your idea.

OK, the short bus is here.
ALL ABOARD!!!!!!

Sit down Noob!
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2005, 01:38:31 PM »
the minute the MA starts trying to be anything but a glorious orgy of free for all chaos, i'm canceling my account forever.

If you want realism and limited planesets, the CT is that way ---->

Offline 68racer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2005, 03:02:43 PM »
Originally posted by 68racer
I strongly disagree!  This is why good pilot's have enough perk points to use that all they would fly is the perk planes.  A average to beginer player would be stuck flying these slower and second to best aircraft.  This gives the guy that is already better than average a better chance for easier kills. What is 5 to 15 perk points to someone that has 1000 plus perk points.  I do think the ar234 is over perked, if you notice you very seldom see one flying around bombing a base.  Perk price for a 262 is 50% to much I do agree.  This leaves  only the better than average pilot flying them which is a disavantage to the average and less.  which is the same point i was trying to bring out about the other planes you guys are talking about perking.  This is just my opion which means nothing so don't take it to heart.
68racer:aok

Offline 68racer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2005, 03:03:16 PM »
Originally posted by 68racer
If you guys want to talk about making a change eny value should be the issue.  My vote is for eny to be banned.  I like fighting against equaly valued planes not a 205 against a spit 9.  It is two easy of a kill.  Even if where out numbered I hate to see another country's eny go up.

Offline gfish

• Zinc Member
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2005, 11:50:56 AM »
Originally posted by Vermillion
Heed the old saying... "be careful what you wish for"

Personally I vote no, because I know where this path leads too.

The rolling plane set (similar concept of "plane variety", just a different mechanism) in Warbirds started this exact way.  It sounds reasonable and fun. Hey... what the heck lets try it.

It soon leads to more and more division in the player base, and less and less choice for the player.

The end result in Warbirds? The Axis versus Allied rolling planeset.  Warbirds maybe 30 or 40 players on a weekend "primetime", Aces High 300 or 400 players.

The numbers tell the tale. period.

You are missing one big difference. That Warbirds costed me two bucks for an hour, while AH and AH2 offers flat rate charge.

I insist RPS was more fun. You can feel U.S. Naval wildcat pilot's despair against superior Zekes, and that turns into acclamation when hellcats becomes available. it's payback time :D

Flying a P-39 aircobra or 109-F4 as an alternate for P-51 was acceptable, because no other planes could catch them up in 1940. You always can enjoy your playing style within relativeness of the plane perfomance, even you do not have specific prefered   fighter at that time.

If I had to pay two bucks for an hour of AH play, it will lead me to the blackhole of bankrupcy. I believe this also is reality to dear other AH players, if and only if he or she is not as rich as Bill Gates. In Warbards age, once I had to pay $250 for one month of play which caught me a serious financial problem.

Even one more thing to point out  - which relates number of players to the cost. When Warbirds II offered 2 weeks of free arena, the number of players suddenly increased to 200+. You will never forget when you see 30 B-17s having 7 seprate gunners (all humans) rided, filling out all directions of the sky with 50 caliber shootbacks against interceptors  - The scene remains a shock and excitement in my memory, despite of the mid 1990's crappy 2D graphics effects. Man, which hooks me to the combat flight is the situation (or flashback of WWII memories? :) ), not graphics.

BTW, above was my very personal experience, and I am not dare enough to ask you to agree my point of view. It is not likely to see RPS in AH2, I can gladly give a vote to Kweassa's agenda - of course a strong one. IMHO, true joy of the game comes out of limitation which should players overcome.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2005, 01:02:11 PM »
Sheesh let it die guys lol.

Dead horse.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »
idiots
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
heh
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2005, 05:44:42 PM »
If you perk the suggested planes, thats just gonna cause more running and timidness. If you are wanting to improve arena play, this is not how to do it. You will stop those who do like to knife fight in those planes, to start running just so they can keep their planes/perks. I understand Kweassa's point and I don't mind the idea all together, but people are gonna fly how they want, and when they want to. That's the beauty of this game.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2005, 03:07:49 PM »
La7 15perks