Author Topic: The most stupid and crazy thing you've ever done....  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
The most stupid and crazy thing you've ever done....
« on: November 29, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
I don't know why I'm going to post this here, but this seems like a fun idea for a thread...

The most stupid and crazy thing I've ever done was back in December of 1989 on the first deer hunting trip of my life.  I was 20 and bigtime into the late 80's hippy flashback scene.  So I drive to my now roommates house in Killeen from Houston.  When I get there we popped a couple of extacy tabs each  :)  a few hours later we head off to the camp followed shortly by another tablet of X each  :)  this was at about 4 am or so.

At about 5:30 while still wildly halucinating we took off for the pasture gun in hand.  On the way there it was pitch black all I could see was the lights from my halucinations which didn't help matters.  About 1/2 way to our hunting spot I stepped on what felt like a big tree branch on the ground.   Only when I put my full weight on it, it moo'ed and ran off.  heheh scared the toejam out of me.

Well at about 6 am we finaly found our spot under a live oak tree with low branches.  We set up right at the stumped and smoked a joint hehe.  After being there for about 20 min this HUGE buck walks from behind a tree about 200 yrds away and started eating grass in the middle of a field. My buddy was extremely cool and handed me the rifle so I could take my first shot at a real live dear.  LOL  I'd beed up on his neck perfect, even through the light show, and everytime I'd go to pull the trigger I'd start shaking very badly.  Finaly I closed my eyes and shot.  The bullet hit the ground about 5 feet behind the deer. It must have passed just under his head.  Strange thing is that it didn't spook him, he just kept on eating.

My friend couldn't believe I missed and took the gun from me to take a shot. LOL the same thing that happened to me happened to him and he missed too, only this time the buck ran off  :(

That's pretty stupid and crazy eh?  :D  Now before you go off thinking I'm completly crazy let me say one thing  ;)  We never lost track of reality and the fact that we had a deadly weapon with us.  We unloaded the gun before we took the drugs and only took 3 bullets with us on the hunting trip  :) the gun was in his hands with the chamber open and the bullets were in my pocket until we got to the tree.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Udie:

That's pretty stupid and crazy eh?

yep, and you posted that here why?

ppl much younger than us 30 to 40 year old burn outs read these boards, hope none get the nod from this post to do something equally stupid.

Think I'll keep my ignorant mistakes to myself.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler:
ppl much younger than us 30 to 40 year old burn outs read these boards, hope none get the nod from this post to do something equally stupid.

Yes, well as someone who's younger than 30 by a few years- I'd have to say that if you take something someone says that is stupid and do it yourself, then you are just an accident waiting to happen and probably best you get Darwinised before you take more people with you.
-SW

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler:

yep, and you posted that here why?

Think I'll keep my ignorant mistakes to myself.

Please dude, I've written and read much worse stuff on this board than what I just posted.  What Swulf says it true  :)

And I didn't say ignorant mistakes I said crazy and stupid.  

Somebody top my story pls  :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2001, 03:01:00 PM »
Two many to list, lets just say that I've had a gun pulled on me in anger 4 times, and fired at me 2 of those 4 times. Not kidding!

Bottom line: Alcohol and firearms DO NOT mix.

Offline Serapis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.keithreid.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Mine typically involved alcohol, an automobile and an age less than 25 (too many instances to list, unfortunately) -- except for a more recent one about five years ago that shows stupidity and immaturity never fully disappear sometimes. I'm happy to be alive, and even more happy others are in spite of myself.

Charon

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
I once ran with scissors.  And they weren't even safety scissors either!   :eek:

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
The most stupid and crazy thing I did was way back in 1980. I was sworn in as a deputy sheriff.  :D

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
I have no feeling in half of my right hand and limited movement in the pinky finger of that hand that resulted from tripping up a flight of stairs while carrying a 6 pack of Weinhard's and crushing several bottles under my hand. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I was totally sober, and I never got to drink any of the beer because they all broke. I did make sure that after I got stitched up I stopped by the bar and got the cheap drunk that can only result from loss of blood.

It wasn't crazy, but I'm pretty sure it was stupid.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
This is a great idea for a thread Udie. The young'ns might learn something from our mistakes...like........(so many to choose from)

How about the time I handed a joint to an LAPD officer at a concert. I was just trying to be neighborly! This was back in 1975 or 76, when the notorious Ed Davis was Cheif of Police. I should have noticed this guy was the only black person at a Jethro Tull concert....Live and learn  :rolleyes:

Another good thread idea is to post your most embarassing moment. I definitely have a few of those.  :(

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Never carry yer sack of weed in the same pocket you keep yer I.D in.

"License and registration pleeze.."

(pulls out wallet, lil baggie plops on the pavement at our feet)

"oh, chit"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Apache,

It was 10 years ago and I don't do that stuff any more  ;) thought I smelled bacon in here  :eek: j/k  :D

Tah Gut and Hangtime,

MAN!!!!! I would have watermelon my pants for sure.  I saw a guy pass a joint to a cop once at a party.  I felt bad too, just watch him do it knowing it was a cop.  He got lucky though and they just ended the party.

Come on guys have fun w/ this thread it's been too heavy in here lately.  I like to come here and laugh not get pissed...

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
Hehehe Eagler is right!
I'm very young, and now I will buy a firearm and some LSD - hilarity will ensue!

The dumbest thing ive done probably, while obviously drunk, was to eat some strange plants that almost killed me.

I also, obviously drunk, snuck into a house and skinny dipped on their pool, then I fell asleep on their garage under a broken car. By a miracle of destiny, all the family left to work the next morning and no one noticed me there. I just woke up, got into the pool again to clean the stench of booze sex and death from me, searched for my clothes, and walked home.

Hangtime, you have to tell us what happened after the bag hit the floor, and you shat your pants.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Animal ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to hallucinate for a long period of time off of ecstasy?

It takes a good number of "today's" pills to pull that off (4 or 5 of okay ones, 2 of good ones but it only lasts for about an hour or two)...

Were the cut with LSD(I don't believe you can actually pull that off), or was it half MDA and half..... something else?

Just asking.

The fact that you guys thought you could fire a gun and actually hit something was probably stupider than doing it. My eyes would rapidly twitch back n forth too much for me to keep focused on anything. And my hands would shake too much for me to steadily hold a rifle too, I'd probably somehow manage to shoot myself in the ass.
-SW

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
Hangtime, you have to tell us what happened after the bag hit the floor, and you shat your pants.

I had military ID, orders and a local california license. The traffic stop was a time-killer for him, and he had a radio call come up (saw his attention shift to patrol car) and I guess I didn't look like a bust worth of all that paperwork... my hair was shorter than his.

So; our man in blue just picked up the sack, opened it and sniffed. Since it was about 5 grams of sensimilla and bright green it didn't really smell or look 'right' to him. Not what he expected for sure..

"kid, somebody ripped you off... this toejam is oregano". He emptied the sack onto the ground (it was a sample, I had about 4 ounces of it in the van) and told me to get my tailight fixed "and get another connection."

*whew* And that was the closest I EVER came to getting tagged.  :)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.