Author Topic: Flag Code  (Read 1111 times)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Flag Code
« on: June 24, 2005, 01:22:58 AM »
for as long as i can remember i have seen clothing with the american flag on it. if you are one of these people wearing such shirts, hats, pants, etc. keep this in mind: the US flag code section 8. article D states "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery." just a heads up if you want to be patriotic.
also, the recent congressional decree that flags should not be burned is in direct violation of section 8, article K of the flag code which states "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning." so dont be afraid of disposing of old tattered flags in such a manner.:aok here are examples:

GOOD!

BAD!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 01:27:04 AM by SMIDSY »

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
Flag Code
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 06:29:07 AM »
Up until this past week, I would have cared....but all of you can wipe your bellybutton with it now for all I care. We no longer live in the USA..it's more like the PRA (People's Republic of America)....

And this from a "proud" member of the people's military.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Flag Code
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 06:43:31 AM »
You say the proper way to disposed of a soiled or worn out flag is to burn it, but the House recently approved an amendmend banning burning of flags, but it is against the flag code to display a worn out or soiled flag, but you cannot destroy it according to the flag code but...

Norman, coordinate...
Please explain...

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Flag Code
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 07:01:37 AM »
Flag desecration is a crime to humanity.  Period!!!

Les

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Flag Code
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 07:20:11 AM »
Sounds a bit Roman!

Don't let the standard fall and all that!

I had a pair of boxers made out of our flag once!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Flag Code
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 07:24:45 AM »
Are we talking about the Constitutional Amendment passed by the House this week?

The one that doesn't mention flag burning?

That still has to get passed the Senate (by supermajority) as well as 3/4 of the State legislatures.

Personally, I don't think it's going to survive the Senate. I guess it really depends on the current public reaction.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Flag Code
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 07:25:55 AM »
Ever seen an American flag bikini?

Desecration is in the eye of the beholder, me thinks.

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
Flag Code
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 07:26:15 AM »
I just want to know who taught that lady in the "GOOD" picture to salute.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Flag Code
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 07:26:57 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Ever seen an American flag bikini?

Desecration is in the eye of the beholder, me thinks.

I have to agree with that! lol. Nothing like vague language in the law.

-Sik

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Flag Code
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 07:28:01 AM »
Originally posted by AdmRose
I just want to know who taught that lady in the "GOOD" picture to salute.

Steven Segal in "Under Siege" lol

-Sik

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Flag Code
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 08:08:54 AM »
Long live the Emperor!  

(phone rings.... listens in shock as my neighbor tells me my wife was taken away to jail and my kids sent to a DSS home after stUrm troopers searched my house (no need for one of those old fashioned warrant thingies) and report discovering a dirty US flag hanging on a wall in my garage.  And oh yeah.
 I have no rights to visit them (if they would even tell me where they were) and they have not been charged my wife yet but are not entitled to legal counsel either.  and that I should stay right where I Was....

Then my neighbor gave me the coup de gras....   Oh by the way!...  the town manager has decreed that a Taco Bell would be more economical on my property than my family in our meager home.  Then added that the sheriff called the rest in the neighbors and "highly recommended" that people might be wise to ensure the town burgermeist__ er town managers sons Little League team won next years playoffs...)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Flag Code
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Steven Segal in "Under Siege" lol

-Sik

All I remember from that movie is the cake scene.

And....

This is about as controversial as I plan on getting in here anymore. I mean... Can I say it is an idiotic knee-jerk reactionary fubar law passed by the house that is just one more step in the erosion of our rights as Americans?

huh?

Can I say that?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Flag Code
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 08:12:04 AM »
Yes. No one took away all of your freedom of speech rioghts yet. ;)

But you ARE on "the list" in the downtown office now.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Flag Code
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 08:38:35 AM »
Would say burning a crisp new flag, just bought, at some protest is not the same as disposing by burning of an old tattered flag.

Not to go OT, but a few years ago when the Frenchies were on one of their big seperation kicks they were burning Canadian flags but wanted an apoligy from English Canada because some English had thrown a Quebec flag on the ground and stomped on it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Flag Code
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 08:46:03 AM »
flag burning has nothing to do with speech... anymore than burning anything does.  

If you buy a flag you should be able to do anything you want with it so long as it doesn't break any laws or endanger anyone.

In most cities if you painted your house polka dot or zebra stiped or flourecent you would get cited for the same thing that you would get cited for if you painted it like a flag.   Is that "free speech"?  

In my opinion "free speech" has to do with the written and spoken word and nothing else.

lazs