Author Topic: A tribute  (Read 719 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
A tribute
« on: September 14, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Most of you have read my posts, seen my anger, and disagreed with me, or supported what I have said.  Looking over the boards I see many, many posts on what we should do, what we shouldn't do, and everything between.
Being an American, I think we take for granted that particular freedom of expression.  The freedom to say what we want, how we want and be able to do so knowing others may or may not agree is a wonderful right.
I salute those who have taken the time to express themselves here, from all countries.

That said,...while I was looking at the photograph of the firemen raising the American flag from the rubble of the World Trade Centers, I thought of this;
When the World Trade Centers are rebuilt, this photo should be emblazened on the wall of the building, along with the following enscription;

"We are American.  Our name is perserverance.  Our cup is courage, filled with determination.  Out armor is pride. Our weapon is the sprit of our forefathers.  Our strength is unity of purpose.  Our resolve knows no bounds."

While thinking about this, I also came to this realization.  The City of New York is going to be in a bad way financially after all this.  Even if the federal government offers up the money for aid, we are going to need that funding for whatever future action we will take against the terrorists thet executed our people.
I, like many of you, feel a bit helpless right now.  Too old to join the miltitary, and/or too far away from the center of this catastrophe to be of any help.
Well, I decided to help with my pocket book.  What about a public fund to help the City of New York?  What do you think about it?  I am looking into this, and willing to devote time to it.  Post how you think about it, or any ideas you might have about it or how and what we could do to help our family in New York.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
A tribute
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
A public fund to help NYC clean up and rebuild?  I like the idea!  Dinnae anything about what have to be done to set it up, but I think it's an idea with alot of merit.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
A tribute
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
If this happened in France, England, Germany South Africa or anywhere else in the world the USofA would be the first to offer aid and financial support.

I'm waiting for the rest of the world TO STEP IN AND SAY "What do you need?"  I've not watched much TV since late Tuesday, but I haven't heard anything on this yet.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
A tribute
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
Skernsk: the world has said just that.

Words like "unlimited support". The world is behind the US on this one, and has been from time zero I believe.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
A tribute
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Glad to hear it Santa.  I heard only that the world condemns the attack.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
A tribute
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
The Red Cross has already received my donation yesterday..the least anyone can do. http://www.RedCross.org

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Eagler ]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline majic

• Silver Member
A tribute
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
The Red Cross has recieved nearly $400,000 in the last three days in my community.  Everyone is giving.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
A tribute
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2001, 04:27:00 PM »
That's outstanding majic, every little bit helps.

I think what skuzzy is talking about is a fund with little/no overhead that is payable directly to NYC for this disaster.  Instead of going through an organization that has overhead costs that will cut into the donations (and no, I'm NOT saying the Red Cross is dirty, but they do have to pay people and for transport/storage of blood etc).

Every little bit helps, and it renews ones faith in people in general to help when the going gets really tough

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
A tribute
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
You are correct CavemenJ.  100% of the donations will go to the rebuilding/clean-up of New York.

I have started some preliminary ground work for this.  Hopefully, I can get it setup in the next couple of weeks or so, depending on the legal side of things.

I was never one to allow myself to feel helpless.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
A tribute
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2001, 07:07:00 PM »
Donation just sent through ebay. At least something I could do personally  :(.

<S>