Author Topic: Time to say Goodbye  (Read 835 times)

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
Time to say Goodbye
« on: July 06, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »
I said hello to the good people of Aces High in 2001 and was soon recruited into the Firebirds by Nexx.

Over the past 4 years I have had a blast and apart from trips to the Carribbean (thanks to Floyd Michelle and Ivan) I have been online and been 190 fodder (205 Spit 9 109 et al fodder) almost every week for 4 years.

However it is now time for me to say goodbye to Aces High.

I have grown up.

However the MA has not !

When I started this game was as good as it gets. Now however it is no longer good enough for me.

I have explained to HTC what my reasons are and hope to find a better place in future.

I will keep an eye on things here and will be back if the product is back on the top or near to the top.

Adjuster
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 06:37:31 PM »
Good luck man.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline DaYooper

• Copper Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 06:55:33 PM »
I hope I never grow up.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 07:32:18 PM »
Originally posted by Adjuster

I have grown up.

However the MA has not !

Adjuster

If your waiting for the MA to "grow up"
I suspect you will be waiting a long long long long LONG long time.LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 07:58:14 PM »
Cya Adjuster

I'm enjoying the game after a few months away.  Hope to see ya back when the burn out has healed.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 09:55:58 PM »
cya in a month or two,,,,,,,

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:02:59 AM »
Cya soon. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:24:27 AM »
Sorry to see you go Adjuster. I hope you find what you are looking for, but I doubt you will.

I don't know you but I have to ask, Do you feel better now that you dropped the cheap shot bomb on this BBS?

This is not an attack on you. I just don't know why folks seem to think they have to attack HTC/AH when they are no longer interested in playing anymore. I haven't been here long enough to know what "the good old days" were like, but I've been around long enough to know that the "good old days", no matter they were, are never comming back. It is futile to wish that they will.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 12:43:59 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Sorry to see you go Adjuster. I hope you find what you are looking for, but I doubt you will.

I don't know you but I have to ask, Do you feel better now that you dropped the cheap shot bomb on this BBS?

This is not an attack on you. I just don't know why folks seem to think they have to attack HTC/AH when they are no longer interested in playing anymore. I haven't been here long enough to know what "the good old days" were like, but I've been around long enough to know that the "good old days", no matter they were, are never comming back. It is futile to wish that they will.

I hate to say this Clifra but the good old days are NOW. :)

I've been around for 12-13 years now and guess what? Everyday is the good old days as long as you come, enjoy yourself and have a good time with the friends you've made as a result of the game.

As far as history? Every flight you make goes into the history books, if you get my drift. Each flight has something different to offer because you are not playing against a computer but another, thinking (sometimes anyway) human being and when you get your squad together and take some far off field it's just one more thing to remember about how much fun the game is giving you. Those that participated in the mission will remember it and those that fought to stop your mission will also remember. Even those that see the base capture message will remember it, albiet sometimes fleetingly.

So new or old the game is refreshing each time you take to the sky!

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Re: Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 12:48:33 PM »
Originally posted by Adjuster
I said hello to the good people of Aces High in 2001 and was soon recruited into the Firebirds by Nexx.

Over the past 4 years I have had a blast and apart from trips to the Carribbean (thanks to Floyd Michelle and Ivan) I have been online and been 190 fodder (205 Spit 9 109 et al fodder) almost every week for 4 years.

However it is now time for me to say goodbye to Aces High.

I have grown up.

However the MA has not !

When I started this game was as good as it gets. Now however it is no longer good enough for me.

I have explained to HTC what my reasons are and hope to find a better place in future.

I will keep an eye on things here and will be back if the product is back on the top or near to the top.

Adjuster

have a good time....

Will i see you in Munich ? :)

orel

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 03:40:23 PM »
Good luck mate. Hope to see you back soon. !

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 04:01:37 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen

I've been around for 12-13 years now and guess what? Everyday is the good old days as long as you come, enjoy yourself and have a good time with the friends you've made as a result of the game.

As far as history? Every flight you make goes into the history books, if you get my drift. Each flight has something different to offer because you are not playing against a computer but another, thinking (sometimes anyway) human being and when you get your squad together and take some far off field it's just one more thing to remember about how much fun the game is giving you. Those that participated in the mission will remember it and those that fought to stop your mission will also remember. Even those that see the base capture message will remember it, albiet sometimes fleetingly.

I can do nothing but agree with you Ren. I am just about to complete my 1st year in AH and I am enjoying it very much. Sure there are things that annoy me but not so that I would think about quitting.

My comment was that I see so many people in here lamenting the "by gone days" when the MA was supposed to be so great and how bad it is now.  I am sure there were people "back then" who were doing the same thing. It's a futile pipe dream. You can't go back there and when you try it is always a disapointment. This is truth in AH and in Real Life.

I'm having a blast and don't want to see much of anything changed.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 04:09:06 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones

Do you?  Seems you are the one on the offencive here, not him!
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Adjuster

• Copper Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Clifra my post may not be to your taste but I dont think I have won the "Cheap Shot Of The Day" Award.

I have met and spoken to a lot of people in this game over the last 4 years and was saying goodbye and letting them know why I was leaving i.e. I am not bored , not broke, not getting divorced etc.

It probably wasnt the most eloquent post in history but I wont and purposefully didnt attempt to slag off this game or HTC because for me for a long time and for many people this game still is "The Dogs Bo**ocks" of online flight combat.

Maybe I should have said that I evolved quicker than this game.

Anyway  To those people who knew me "Happy Hunting"  To those that didnt you just lost an easy kill (usually in a Spit IX or Tiffie)

Adjuster
Adjuster

56 Squadron (Firebirds)

Offline Clip121

• Copper Member
Time to say Goodbye
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 06:16:01 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen

What Ren said!!!  :p

Clip