Author Topic: Another One Bite's The Dust  (Read 1198 times)

Offline OHIO

• Zinc Member
Another One Bite's The Dust
« on: June 15, 2001, 07:23:00 AM »
Jay D. Scott was execututed last night at 9:08pm, For killing a 75 year old Deli owner
and a 65 year old security guard 18 years ago. Scott a 30 year old career criminal who likened himself to the famed out-law Jesse James, killed Vinney Price and Ralp Alexander Jones at point blank range. Scott's execution is the 2nd in 38 years for the state of Ohio.  Is it me or do we have an execution trend starting? I think I would of gone nuts a long time ago if I was on death row for 18 years!

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
Murder is unconstitutional. I am against it. I say we ban murder. Where are all the protestors against murder? Murder happens many tims more than state executions, yet I don't see protestors lining the sidewalks of Pennsylvania Avenue?? Why not?  The state executes ONE convicted, double-murderer, self-proclaimed Jesse James, in 38 years, and we have protestors? Give me a f*cking break.

At the same time, we have doctors killing babies whenever the mother decides she just doesn't want "it".  Does this mean that if I kill the unborn baby of a pregnant lady, would I only be charged with assault on the mother, but not murder? I would hope so.

fscott

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »
fscott

Couldn't agree with you more...I did hear than congress passed a law if you assaulted a mother and killed the unborn child your a murderer...go figure.

Narsus
"All life is precious"

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: narsus ]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
What fscott said

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline OHIO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
Well the wierd thing about Mr. Scott is that he was a Tested as a certified Skitzo Freak who wasn't right in the head but they still said he was totaly self aware when he killed those poor people, Now I thought that if your a mental case<---proven by a PHD that you were not held accountable for your actions??????

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »
I rather think that the insanity defense is crap. The end result is the same. It doesn't really matter whether you understand the value of life and then take it or you can't understand the value and then take it. The end result is the same.

At the same time, I have my doubts about the effectiveness of the death penalty as a crime deterrant. The statistics certainly don't support it. Then again, as a purely economic issue, the death penalty seems more cost effective than life inprisonment at $40K per year per criminal. So what's the right answer? I certainly don't know. It's not a black or white answer I'm sure.

WRT to abortion rights, I fully support a woman's right to choose. Sure, you can take the argument that life begins at conception but even the birth control pill will render the woman's womb incapable of supporting that fertilized egg. Do you ban the pill as well? The right to lifers need a contraception method that is 100% effective before conception. That is the only thing that will satisfy everyone and render this moral dilemma irrelevant. Unfortunately, there is no such thing. Rather than come up with a set of laws and the endless number of exceptions and exclusions that will be applied, in this day, it's simpler to leave it completely up to the woman to choose using her own moral compass as a guide.
sand

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
...I was going to say something, but nevermind...

:rolleyes:

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Well the best arguement I have heard about the death penalty is that they will never kill again.

Personally I thought McVeigh should have had life hard labor. The guy wanted to die, why appease him.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
I don't think he wanted to die at all, he just knew he was going to and wanted to look tough about it.  Just look how fast he 180'd when there was a brief window of opportunity.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2001, 10:24:00 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/06/12/herbeck.mcveigh.cnna/index.html

"Question from chat room: Did McVeigh ever mention Terry Nichols' role in the bombing?

Herbeck: Yes, he did. He described Terry Nichols as someone who was very active in making all the preparations for the bomb, including the theft of explosives, and purchase of materials used to make the explosives. But according to McVeigh, Terry Nichols got cold feet about the whole thing in the last few days before the bombing, and McVeigh said that only by yelling and screaming at Nichols did he get Nichols to continue helping him at the very end.

He said that he threatened Nichols and his family, toward the end, mainly with the tone of his voice, and the words he used. He would never tell us the exact words he said to Nichols."

NEXT CASE!

Let's Go OKLAHOMA!!!

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
Which post was funny Ohio?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2001, 06:44:00 AM »
Mexican-born drug lord and murderer Juan Raul Garza was to be executed at daybreak on Tuesday......

Another rodent exterminated...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
He made a last minute video appeal to President Bush to spare him.

"Have mercy on me and commute my death sentence to life without the possibility of parole," he said, staring directly into the camera - but to no avail.

The Garza family and their lawyers also released an emotional home video.  "I am practically begging you, with all of my heart to please give my father a chance," one of his daughters pleaded.  "My dad won't do anything bad again, I know he won't, because I know he learned his lesson. So give him one more chance please. Please," another begged. However, the White House said on Monday that the president had found no grounds to commute the death sentence. He was satisfied that Garza was guilty and had had full access to the courts.

-BBC

Nice to know that this country has a "real" Christian in the White House.

Incidentally how could the American people have elected this turkey?

Oops! We didn't!

Nevermind…

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
blur
Someone kills/rapes your love one then says he's sorry or his family says they are sorry for him, that makes it better!?. You still don't have a clue, keep trying. This whole thing about being remorseful at the end is a load of crap.

one of his daughters pleaded. "My dad won't do anything bad again, I know he won't

after this morning, I know he won't either..

Eagler

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Eagler ]

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
after this morning, I know he won't either..  :D

Heh - another one joins the "Hot Tub Club".

Good riddance to societys rubbish!

Blur WTF do you stand for anyway?