Author Topic: Typhoon drivers.. attitude check  (Read 1714 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Typhoon drivers.. attitude check
« on: February 24, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
I came in over our fleet at about 15k.  Someone had been bouncing aircraft as they launched and we were about to lose 40 if something didn't change.  I met up with an enemy Typhoon that was at about 17k and closing fast.

My plane was only going about 210 and it looked like the Typhoon was really scooting.  He came down towards me testing the waters for a HO engagement.  I think the "F4u" over my plane made him think twice as he dove slightly below and pulled up behind me.

I wasn't biting however.  I kept a slight decent to pick up speed.  The flak was bursting all around the Typhoon.  I am always amazed at how some people fly with impunity through it while I seem to just disapear at the first burst.  I did know one thing, the way the Flak was hitting him looked as if I'd get hit before him if I engaged.

I kept up my speed and began a slow decent towards the CV below.  My hope was that I could get the Typhoon to leave his perch and come down low.  It seemed to be working as I focussed on keeping him between 1.8k and 2k back.  I didn't want to discourage him, but I didn't want those hispanos getting too close.

I began to realize that this guy was focussed on getting me.  As I turned towards my CV at about 4k, he was closing to 1.2k back.  I felt he was commited.  I dove right into the ack as his hispanos were blazing away.  He dilligently followed.  The ack tore him up.

Typhoon: "Nice ack dive chog"

Funny thing is, only one of the planes in that engagement had 4 hispanos

AKDejaVu

funked

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
He wasn't complaining about your guns, he was complaining about yo weakazz ackrunnin.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
What you have there is a good little squealer.  Not sure plane type matters, just that they died somehow, and didn't want to.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »

He wasn't complaining about your guns, he was complaining about yo weakazz ackrunnin.

LOL!.. like it matters.  There is a common word in both sentances funked.. figure it out.

AKDejaVu

funked

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
Yep.  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
 Tonight! The strange mating habits of alt monkeys. On the Discovery Channel.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Don't blame the plane.  
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
Ah.. the pilot was more the "I fly a Typhoon and hardly anyone else does.  When I go into engagements I'm always at a disadvantage!" type.

One of those guys that always mentions what everyone that kills him is flying as if it was an excuse.

The funny thing is.. the Typhoon is one of the better aircraft in the arena.  The only thing the F4u-1C has on it is ammo load and CV capability.  

Just something grating about someone getting supperior because of what they are flying.  Don't really care from it on any front.

AKDejaVu

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2001, 04:11:00 PM »
Only one Tiff driver I know of acts like that...

You actually got him off his perch? wtg  

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »
*cough* tiffie is very capable fighter, more capable than it had fame of it...

I have fought with it at disadvatange most of times due to primary role being panzer buster and fights against fighters havent been desperate at all, tells about its capabilities.
(its instaneous turn is amazing.. even though it might lose E, but you must take in count that enemy has to turn as well and he'll probably do it after you've already turn)

Would I want to meet chog or tiffie?  I'd choose chog, at least those does not run that fast and doesnt do such amazing insta turns. (though, I dont talk about fightning on the deck  )

well, thats my opinion about tiffie - hardly at disadvantage that bad.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
Ack should hurt both planes friendly or not, it happened in RL so why not here?..would certainly stop the ack diving weenies, not that I'm condoning the Typhie either.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by Revvin:
Ack should hurt both planes friendly or not, it happened in RL so why not here?..would certainly stop the ack diving weenies, not that I'm condoning the Typhie either.

I believe it does that..
I remember being hit by small acks in the past while closely chasing the enemy over the field..
though, with our IFF systems, they arent going to target us instead of enemy, like in real life they might have  
(gee, Finnish flaks were _very_ blood hungry)

[This message has been edited by Fishu (edited 02-24-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »

Ack should hurt both planes friendly or not, it happened in RL so why not here?

It does.

SwampRat

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
So, what your saying is folks should be nicer?  Far as running into cv ack, or field ack, or saving your butt from getting shot up, who doesn't do this?  Sure, there are times when someone comes along with alt and I'm forced to engage, but if I am near safety and some hero with 5k alt on me comes along for a bounce...well he or she had best get ready for a bounce into ack.  I don't get that attitude myself.  Makes me think what they are saying is "You are a jerk cuz ya didn't line up straight and level for me to blast ya!!"  Oh well, lett'em gripe.
Swamp

Maverick911

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
HEY Fishu! lol

I personally think the Typhoon was a smart oscar. He shouldn't of chased ya hehehehe. Also If you guys are wondering who I am... I'm jsut some poor bastard who hangs around in the H2H arenas, right fishu? hehehe

I'm planning on subscribing though ;-)