Author Topic: Freaking Cat people,.. pretty messed up.  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Freaking Cat people,.. pretty messed up.
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2005, 10:00:09 AM »
I bought a small fur covered fake cardboard mouse for my skinny little kitten.  My buddy at the pet store let me sweeten it up by leaving it in with the feeder mice for a day.  Wow, did that cat ever go ape sh.t on that mouse.  She growled just like a dog - I never knew cats could do that.  She carries that mouse in her mouth, prances all over the house with it, throws it up in the air, etc, and I can hear her doing this all night long.

I also found out a good way to get your cats to go whereever you want them to go -  a laser pointer.  Like if you want them to go into the utility room, they will just follow the bouncing ball.  Of course, if you want them to spin around in endless circles, they will do that too :lol
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2005, 10:12:24 AM »
Cats are better judges of character than I am. The only reason these two are still here is I keep the door closed.

If the lil aloof and arrogant salamanders would just kick in fer part of the rent...
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2005, 10:21:39 AM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
I bought a small fur covered fake cardboard mouse for my skinny little kitten.  My buddy at the pet store let me sweeten it up by leaving it in with the feeder mice for a day.  Wow, did that cat ever go ape sh.t on that mouse.  She growled just like a dog - I never knew cats could do that.  She carries that mouse in her mouth, prances all over the house with it, throws it up in the air, etc, and I can hear her doing this all night long.

I also found out a good way to get your cats to go whereever you want them to go -  a laser pointer.  Like if you want them to go into the utility room, they will just follow the bouncing ball.  Of course, if you want them to spin around in endless circles, they will do that too :lol

Cats are one of the few critters that will torment it's prey to death. Mice Maulers.

The laser pointer bit works pretty well on kittens.. but don't count on your kitty always following the bouncing ball. They pretty quickly tire of something intangible and will rebel.. rebellion to a cat is a cold stare from an upright sitting position, tail folded across the paws with the end of it flicking. "what.. you think I'm sum dum mouse?"

Try not to inspire it's wrath.. (adult cats do NOT like to be laughed at) or get used to checking inside your sneakers before you put 'em on.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2005, 10:21:40 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime

If the lil aloof and arrogant salamanders would just kick in fer part of the rent...

LMAO
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

storch

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2005, 12:51:26 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Cats are one of the few critters that will torment it's prey to death. Mice Maulers.

mice!! you ought to see them torturing anoles.  they do eventually eat them though.