Author Topic: Why I miss McDonald's  (Read 1591 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 12:10:08 PM »
Fuddruckers is pretty good, and they've got a vat of nacho cheese in amongst their toppings.  What more could a fat man want?

And Filet 'o' Fish?!  Damn, I just vomited in my mouth a little.  That is just nasty!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 12:11:02 PM »
Oh, and as it hasn't been mentioned yet (which is a gross oversight)... In-n-Out Burger is goodness.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2005, 01:14:52 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
 Boroda..it aint cool to dump on a guys source of income. What is it you do?  Not that it matters..people lie online all the time about what they do..where they are from, etc.

Sorry, was outrageously drunk when I posted that :(

I told here many times that I am an engineer in Academy of Science institute and in fact earn much less then people who work 8 hours a day 5 days a week in McD.

A joke about McDonalds, in fact a true story. McDonalds in Minsk, Belorussia, closed it's restrooms for "non-clients" (everyone knows that McD is the provider of the best free restrooms around), so, Belorussian punks "kidnapped" a dummy of that clown, Ronald McDonald, and wrote letters to McDonalds demanding them to open restrooms for public again. They included his cut-off finger or ear with every letter :D

McDonalds we have here is a branch of Canadian division IIRC, that's why we don't have all the dishes I saw in McD in the US. They also don't have clothes trees to hang your winter coats - a thing I really can't understand.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2005, 01:18:21 PM »
McDonalds used to be great.

I still occasionally eat there but

I remember when their burgers were grilled fresh and were about the size of their current 1/4 pounders. (ok maybe just a little smaller. but still alot larger then they are now

Now they aint much bigger then a white castle

And their chocolate shakes were every bit as good as you could get at any ice cream shop.

Now to me they taste like vanilla with brown coloring additive to make em look like chocolate.

the one thing they have always had and still have that is every bit as good as they ever were and still better then anywhere else is the fries
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Oh, and as it hasn't been mentioned yet (which is a gross oversight)... In-n-Out Burger is goodness.

No sir. In-n-Out Burger is bestness. ;)
sand

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2005, 02:29:26 PM »
I'll agree to that.  And I'll verify on August 5th when I head down to San Jose.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2005, 02:29:58 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman

with three things on the menu you can't go wrong.

The other thing I like is the service.  Everyone I've been to has been staffed by and large by young motivated hard working people.  They allways seem polite and never rude.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2005, 05:15:03 PM »
Home made...
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Zakhal

• Zinc Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2005, 05:24:03 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda A joke about McDonalds, in fact a true story. McDonalds in Minsk, Belorussia, closed it's restrooms for "non-clients" (everyone knows that McD is the provider of the best free restrooms around), so, Belorussian punks "kidnapped" a dummy of that clown, Ronald McDonald, and wrote letters to McDonalds demanding them to open restrooms for public again. They included his cut-off finger or ear with every letter :D

Its good to see our fellow Belorussians in the service of humanity. That clown had it coming for long time now.

On the otherhand keeping clean toilets is part of good hygiene. Letting a mob of vodka-wet russkies use mcdonals as their private water closet prolly isnt part of the restaurant's health plan. This must be where you are getting all those stomach infections from.

McDonalds we have here is a branch of Canadian division IIRC, that's why we don't have all the dishes I saw in McD in the US. They also don't have clothes trees to hang your winter coats - a thing I really can't understand. [/B]

Sheepskins still popular?

l
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 05:54:56 PM by Zakhal »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2005, 05:29:16 PM »
San ANtonio has this place named Chester's.  They have awesome burgers and a huge selection of brews.  All the micro brews and the good imports.  It is good stuff!

http://www.bigcitymenu.com/quick/1_115.gif
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2005, 05:31:16 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman

I work with two Kalifornians that say our Fatburger francise across the street from our office building BLOWS In-n-Out out of the water....just saying.  I've eaten there just twice in 3 years :(

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2005, 05:53:17 PM »
I like the Sonic shakes. Haven't run accross any in & out places yet.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2005, 11:56:29 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
with three things on the menu you can't go wrong.

The other thing I like is the service.  Everyone I've been to has been staffed by and large by young motivated hard working people.  They allways seem polite and never rude.

It's amazing what happens when you pay someone more than minimum wage. ;)
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2005, 12:01:55 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
Burger King fries  are good!

Arby rules all..

Arby's is the most vile ****hole on the planet. The meat if you can call it that is all nasty and has not flavor.

YUCK!!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2005, 12:58:51 PM »
whataburger is in pensacola and mobile as well..  Very good eating as far as fast food goes.. 8)