Author Topic: Why I miss McDonald's  (Read 1592 times)

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2005, 01:07:07 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
No sir. In-n-Out Burger is bestness. ;)

In-n-Out is the tops!

I've heard that they dont even have a freezer in the stores... everything is absolutely fresh.

That's why they haven't moved out from the West Coast yet.... they can't get their supplies lines to the poiint where they can maintain the freshness.

Absolutely the best burger in THE world.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2005, 01:15:55 PM »
There used to be a place in Cartaret here just off the turnpike that made a damn good burger. Dont think its around anymore though.

Locally I'd say the best around here is at Stewarts

Or the one I make myself at home on charcoal with a couple chunks of mequete thrown on.

Grill it. top it off with a genuine jersey beefsteak tomatoe from my own garden, some mayo and a bit of katsup.

Pure heaven
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2005, 01:23:57 PM »
you haven't had pizza untill you have had larosa's in the cincinnati area and you haven't had a "chili dog" untill you have had a coney from skyline-also cincinnati area. But nation wide food chains i would go with either whiteys or McD's double chee, and taco bell PWNS!

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2005, 01:35:10 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Jack in the box surprisingly makes a good shake.

Oh and DQ makes a burger with jalapeno bacon on it. I crap you not! Jalapeno flavor bacon! I wish I knew where I could get some in bulk.

Any grocery store in Texas...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2005, 01:45:37 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
Any grocery store in Texas...

yea but do they sell pork roll?:)
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2005, 01:49:27 PM »
Originally posted by Zakhal
Sheepskins still popular?

What else can you offer for -30C weather?

I have two or three winter coats made of modern materians, the best one made in Seattle (!!!), and don't have any sheepskin coat (only something like a bomber jacket that leaves your arse to freeze).

Anyway - people in Winter have some place to leave or at least siply hang their clothes: eating in a winter coat is uncomfortable and stupid. So everyone sits on their clothes or hands it on the back of a chair, so the sleeves and flaps are on the floor, and even in McD they can't make a floor clean enough in Winter, on a perfectly clean floor the melted snow from your makes it really dirty and wet.

Offline Ted Strykker

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
Macdonald's is just for filling a void.

White Castles rule over all of them

:aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2005, 02:59:17 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
What else can you offer for -30C weather?

So everyone sits on their clothes or hands it on the back of a chair, so the sleeves and flaps are on the floor, and even in McD they can't make a floor clean enough in Winter, on a perfectly clean floor the melted snow from your makes it really dirty and wet.

You folks must have some very long arms, Very long coats. Or very short chairs LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2005, 03:25:40 PM »
Originally posted by Ted Strykker
White Castles rule over all of them
:aok
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Respectfully,
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2005, 03:34:32 PM »
Not ONE of you guys knows what a good burger is.

WHITE CASTLE.  Now there's good eatin'

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2005, 08:24:07 PM »
White Castle?  Holy crap, I think I'll take the Filet 'o' Fish.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »
White Castle=Krystal=tiny greasy throwup burgers.  However admittedly when I was in high school when they were onlyt $.25 each, I would eat like 15 in a sitting along with a bowl of chile.  I think thats the reason I only made it to 5'8".
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2005, 09:37:16 PM »
McDonalds in Japan is, well... different.

Since a good part of Japan is still living in the 1960s, McDonalds is definitely 1965. Some of you are too young to remember the little paper holder for french fries. That used to be the 'regular' size in Japan and it was still used until this year. Even a regular size drink was the little cup your dentist might hand you to rinse... not really, but pretty small.

All that changed this year when an American came over to run the operation. All the small stuff is gone and the push is on to fatten everyone up and stretch out their stomachs so they crave more and more food.

No Quarter Pounders yet, only cheeseburgers, hamburgers, Big Macs (not too popular) and Double Cheeseburgers plus some localized things like Teriyaki Burgers This summer, the push is on to sell large drinks, with the large container sitting near the registers. Everyone justs ignores it or thinks it's a decoration maybe. I asked a manager how many they sold a day and he said they hadn't sold one yet, since June.

Gotta love the Japanese efficiency though. Until a few years ago, if you asked for salt, you got a little package of salt... and pepper - mixed together. If you wanted catsup, you got a package of catsup... with mustard mixed in it. :)

When the tray is handed to you, it's a cultural rule that the company logo has to be facing the customer. No just throwing it onto a tray and shoving it at you. So, the tray has a paper placemat with the text facing the customer and the french fry container has the logo facing the customer. That means that the french fries are sticking out of the container away from you.

If Japan could harness all the rotational energy from millions of people every day turning around the french fry container, they might be able to power Tokyo. You'd think someone would have figured out by now that they could print the logo the other way.

There really isn't the stigma of a 'paper hat' job in Japan. There is a genuine respect for anyone doing any job and  you don't get any clerks being surly or rude. On the contrary, everyone goes out of their way to be polite and helpful.

Burger King was in Japan for awhile, but they pulled out. There was a policy that nothing could be adapted or changed to suit Japanese tastes or customs. Everything had to be exactly as dictated from Burger King Command. Just because you're a big company doesn't mean you can't be stupid.

KFC has been in Japan as long as McDonalds. Walking into a KFC is like walking into 1965 America. Same greasy original recipe except the chicken parts look like midget chickens. $10 for 2 thighs, 2 wings and two drumsticks. The drumsticks are about the size of your thumb and no chicken breasts. And definitely no requests for white meat or anything special - the Earth will stop turning if you ask for anything special.

There are a few Wendys around, but everything is downsized and very expensive. And they've only just begun to offer breakfast. There is a false image here that Americans eat hotdogs and hamburgers for breakfast, so if you went to Wendys or Burger King at 9:30 in the morning, you'd see people eating cheesburgers and french fries.

My Kingdom for a Taco Bell...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 09:39:54 PM by Rolex »

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2005, 10:23:43 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex

My Kingdom for a Taco Bell...
wanna talk about missing working somewhere... lol

being a manager, free food, anything i can make, and crazy concotion. heck i was making those tacos with beans and the soft shell wrapped around back in 1992, never saw anyone do it, just thought it up... and all sorts of melted stuff ;) :aok

favorite was the cheese steak melt. they only had it a limited time, was steak, with fried onions and peppers, jack and chedder cheese, and red sauce, all steam melted. was the only thing ever to out-sell the soft taco at our store. we sold out of the fixins in 1 week. was supposed to be a 2 month supply.

im still mad they stopped making that thing
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Why I miss McDonald's
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2005, 11:03:13 PM »
Taco Bell blows.  The food is OK, and the service and order accuracy is consistantly lousy.  Literally, any Taco Bell you go to in Salem, and there are 5 of them, you will get the same lousy service.  I've never been anywhere that's so consistantly screwed up my order.  Thank god for Del Taco coming to town.  Better food, constistantly good service and order accuracy, and open 24 hours a day, in case you need nappy cheese and jalepenos at 3 in the morning. :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!