Author Topic: Excuse me if im wrong but...  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Excuse me if im wrong but...
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2005, 10:47:50 AM »
muahahahahha, see kong, this is *how* to properly fish!!

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2005, 11:30:42 AM »
Well Done.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2005, 12:25:57 PM »
Kong go away from what i read in this thread you said you never even go in the DA .......So quit trolling

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2005, 07:44:20 PM »
Originally posted by Azul32
Kong go away from what i read in this thread you said you never even go in the DA .......So quit trolling

He cant quit, its all he gets for $14.95.:D

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2005, 12:01:39 AM »
i love vulchers, they all cant fly, its great when you can really wind one up and then  get him to disco from phear. ;)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2005, 11:27:32 AM »
Thats right Kong.  Say something stupid, reallize you did, and claim you are fishing.  No need for films, we cant take care of our selves.  Last night Fantom tried his usual crap.  Takes off and shoots the guy in front of him, then he claims it was an accident (he does this everytime).  Then he starts following me 1K out.  I asked him 3 times to stop.  5 vulches latter, he was the nicest guy in the DA. :lol

You cant be sending films to HT, until he sets some rules.  What rules did they or we break?

Kong, how is vulching in the CT now days?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2005, 11:40:53 AM »
BTW: I *did* send email to HTC, and i got a reply.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2005, 12:45:02 PM »
whats really funny is i think its a game to these people... i really think they enjoy just pissing ppl off... We were in the DA aout 2-3 weeks ago and were continually vulched by lan784... after yelling at him on vox didnt fix it we switched countries and bases, onloy to have him do the same... I got soo pissed off I had to turn off my PC... Speaking of Liam Ray, I fight him every other night or so in the DA... He has only shot me on the ground 1 time, and that was basically just saying hello, because he took off right behind me... maybe he's different around other people but I duel him every other night or so and can say I have nothing bad to say about him.... now Lan784 is just a punk kid that trys to piss ppl off

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2005, 12:45:30 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
BTW: I *did* send email to HTC, and i got a reply.

And the reply was?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2005, 12:47:07 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
whats really funny is i think its a game to these people... i really think they enjoy just pissing ppl off... We were in the DA aout 2-3 weeks ago and were continually vulched by lan784... after yelling at him on vox didnt fix it we switched countries and bases, onloy to have him do the same... I got soo pissed off I had to turn off my PC... Speaking of Liam Ray, I fight him every other night or so in the DA... He has only shot me on the ground 1 time, and that was basically just saying hello, because he took off right behind me... maybe he's different around other people but I duel him every other night or so and can say I have nothing bad to say about him.... now Lan784 is just a punk kid that trys to piss ppl off

Exactly, they are not new or stupid or cant read or hear.  They do it to piss people off.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2005, 12:59:26 PM »
i go to the DA quite a bit and every now and then will run into the "DA VULTCHER" sometimes it is just some newb that doesn't know any better and once you explain to him the way the DA works they quit, but for the most part its a bunch of inexperienced pilots that can't get kills in the MA, heck they can't even vulch in the MA without getting killed which is why they do it in the DA.. they will respond to your request to not vulch with something like "well u have to make it off the runway to shoot me" crap... if there are 5 or more people at any DA base you will see 1 of these vulchers, which brings me to a quick question.... Do kills and deaths in the DA count on your stats ???? I'm not sure if they do or not, haven't ever checked em out... Just wondering if the vulchers and the guys that try and land there DA kills do it because it does affect there stats.... there isn't anything that makes me as mad as getting vulched in the DA... makes me just wanna reach through the monitor and choke people... i need that choke move that Darth Vader had, that would be neet ;)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2005, 01:24:31 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
i go to the DA quite a bit and every now and then will run into the "DA VULTCHER" sometimes it is just some newb that doesn't know any better and once you explain to him the way the DA works they quit, but for the most part its a bunch of inexperienced pilots that can't get kills in the MA, heck they can't even vulch in the MA without getting killed which is why they do it in the DA.. they will respond to your request to not vulch with something like "well u have to make it off the runway to shoot me" crap... if there are 5 or more people at any DA base you will see 1 of these vulchers, which brings me to a quick question.... Do kills and deaths in the DA count on your stats ???? I'm not sure if they do or not, haven't ever checked em out... Just wondering if the vulchers and the guys that try and land there DA kills do it because it does affect there stats.... there isn't anything that makes me as mad as getting vulched in the DA... makes me just wanna reach through the monitor and choke people... i need that choke move that Darth Vader had, that would be neet ;)

Even if they did count in your stats, I don't know anyone who would care.

I really need to work on my 262 gunnery.  If I'm in the DA and this stuff is happening lemme know and I'll make passes at the bugger all night :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2005, 02:49:08 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
And the reply was?

They are aware of whats happening, they know something must be done and they are thinking of ways how to do it.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2005, 05:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Sloe,

You are under the impression that you punished him and this caused him to run away.  You simply satiated his need for attention.  His complaining and whining about you acting like him just got him more attention.  You did not stop him from flying, he could have easily moved over one base and upped a jet or a rocket and harassed you guys some more.  
If hes gone now, its not that you ran him off, hard to do when you give him what he wants.  Hes just somewhere else, kicking over sandcastles, pulling girls hair, and griefing other gamer
l:

KONG
You remind me of those whimpy, do-gooders who let 3-time murderers back on the street for good behavior.

Actually, Kong I (we) did run him off.  He left the DA.  He came back an hour later and spent 10 minutes in the tower (never upped or said a word) waiting for us to leave.  He did that again a half hour later.   He was gone for two days.
Next time I saw him, we was playing nice, fighting with Hemp.  Eventually Check6'ed me, to which I replied I would never engage with him again and if I saw one round go in my direction from him, he was on the ground again.  He never said a word and left.
I've been in there twice more and he eventually Check6's me and I ignore it.  He's never fired another round at me.
So Kong, the proof is in the results.  Punishment, if its near enough and dear enough to the perp's heart, will work.  Of course, he's the socially inept, short-memory type so I expect he'll get rambunctious again some time in the future.  But I'll bet the resulting punishment will not have to be as long or severe to get results.  We'll see.

As for whether there are two people using the same account, I obviously can't be definitive, but I don't buy it.
First, his Jekyll and Hyde behavior has occured in the same session.  And the voice has always been the same.  So unless there is tag team flying going on, it's a single person who both plays nice, then goes off the wagon, hard.  
And here is another reason this guy is a little off.  I don't know if any of you have seen this as well, but I've seen Liam in the MA trolling for victims to come with him to the DA.
His message usually reads something like, "Anyone up for going to the DA?".   I mean this tells me he's hard up for whatever kicks he's getting in the DA and that he has no clue about the MA.  Now, that's his perogative, but leads me to buy into his being a very strange individual (like all of us are not, ha!).

Anyway, the main thing you are missing Kong is that the rules in the DA have been agreed upon by the greater majority of the society that plays there, and it is encumbent upon every individual who values and abides by those rules to enforce them because the reality of the DA is, there is currently no other authority to do so.  Not the Trainers or HTC, at the moment.
And given that and the reality of the limited actions capable in a virtual gaming world where everyone is essentially anonymous and untraceable, the only available method of 'policing' the DA left to the members of its society, and enforce some restraint on violators, is to use the airplane in the only way possible, i.e. vulch him to prevent him from flying and interfering with others.

Finally, IF there are two people using LiamRay's account, AND one is a parent, adult or other such authority over the junior partner, then THAT person is ultimately responsible for the behavior of the junior.  Should THEY know about this behavior and not do anything about it, then they are just as guilty, in my opinion.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Azul32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2005, 07:50:12 PM »
Yes Sloehand the father IS just as guilty I have called him on it and he wont admit it.
But I have personally heard two voices before. Dad obviouslly knows whats going on but I guess chooses to ignore it. Just another case of bad parenting.
I am with you though I will not fight him anymore either and actually I quit going into the DA because of the crap that does happen in there.