Author Topic: Excuse me if im wrong but...  (Read 3554 times)

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Excuse me if im wrong but...
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:31 AM »
No, Shane, your example is of physical restraint to deal with somewhat painful violent assault.  What we have is childish behavior being retaliated with the exact same childish behavior.

If you have to change the circumstances to justify the behavior…

Dr Good Phil
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:15:16 AM by KONG1 »
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2005, 10:14:11 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1
No, Shane, your example is of physical restraint to deal with somewhat painful violent assault.  What we have is childish behavior being retaliated with the exact same childish behavior.

Dr Good Phil

sometimes violence (even the virtual kind in this case) *is* called for as an appropriate response to ensure future behavior isn't repeated.

want a perfect example?  WW2.  everyone tried to ignore germany and japan.  we all know how that turned out, right? as a result, both are now playing nicely with the rest of us.

mmmmmkay?  :aok

do we really need to call in mommy/daddy in this case when it can be handled amongst the kids themselves? :rolleyes:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2005, 10:21:59 AM »
Comparing the aggressive actions of a nation state to childish behavior in a computer game is hardly a perfect example.

If you have to change the circumstances to justify the behavior…

Phil Dr. Good

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2005, 10:26:37 AM »
Shane. Yep we do. Kiddies need parental supervision.

Anyone who thinks they don't is has either never been a parent or been to busy with their own lives to care what the kiddies are up to.

However, it's not the rest of societies job to teach these kids.

Spare the rod, spoil the child still holds true. A rod doesn't have to be a stick. Just remove the kid from the environment. He doesn't get his jollies off anymore and the rest of society gets on with enjoying their life. When the kid learns how to be a  part of society he gets to come back in without malice.

Theres the rub. You discipline without prejudice. You use the required amount then allow him back into the fold, so to speak. He learns and adjusts.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2005, 10:35:57 AM »
Ren, I'd rather let mommy make dinner and daddy finish fixing my bike.

Kong - it's immaterial whether his actions are occurring in a "game. " you have someone engaging in spitefully disruptive behavior. no amount of "talking to"  by his "peers" is working. the peers do have the ability to mete out "an eye for an eye" justice.

i simply don't see this as needing mommy/daddy's intervention when the matter is both capable of and willingly being handled by a few others.

he *is* physcially interferring with people's ability to enjoy a "game". he's just doing it remotely.

man, that's what's wrong with many players these days an ability to dish out a little online "hate."   buncha milquetoast oprah loving stuart smalleys.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2005, 10:43:18 AM »
Sorry Shane, the HATE died with AW.

It's now the time of the WHINE.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2005, 10:47:53 AM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen

Spare the rod, spoil the child still holds true.

HERE COME THE REPRESSED MEMORIES! BAH! :mad: :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2005, 10:56:36 AM »
LOL, Vudak. I saw your email. I have a few training sessions already set up this weekend.
Mon-Thurs Im working swings = 2pm-11pm CT.
Im off from 10 days after that so whenever youd like to get together.....:)

Ren

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2005, 11:29:09 AM »
Shane, If you wish to extol the virtues of peers meting out "an eye for an eye" justice then you have much history to learn.

It’s a shame to turn a perfectly good whine thread into a philosophical discussion but here’s something to chew on. Ask any terrorist why he is doing what he’s doing and you know what he’ll say?

I’ll quote slapshot on this one.

... "you screw with me too much and your screwing with the wrong person". Nobody, and I mean nobody, has the right to harass people and fully expect not to being on the recieving end of some sort of counter-action ...

Good Phil Dr.

:cool:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2005, 12:44:42 PM »
You guys spent way too much time tring to reason.  I will ask once nicely to stop.  If I don't see a responce, out comes the NIKI.  Some of these guys do this trying to create an FFA when nowone wants one.  About 50% of the time after they are repeatedly vulched, they will go to the other field and coe in in a 262.  At no point does it acure to them that they can get into a fight very easyly by asking.  Then again, those are the guys that are dead after the first 10seconds of the engagement.  Non of thise applies to LRay since I was not there, but there plenty of people doing this.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2005, 12:59:30 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Shane, If you wish to extol the virtues of peers meting out "an eye for an eye" justice then you have much history to learn.

It’s a shame to turn a perfectly good whine thread into a philosophical discussion but here’s something to chew on. Ask any terrorist why he is doing what he’s doing and you know what he’ll say?

I’ll quote slapshot on this one.

... "you screw with me too much and your screwing with the wrong person". Nobody, and I mean nobody, has the right to harass people and fully expect not to being on the recieving end of some sort of counter-action ...

Good Phil Dr.

:cool:

Oh ... I see ... we are on the same level as terrorist I guess. You have no clue as to how stupid that analogy is.

If ya think about ... you are really no different than Liam himself. You have done nothing constructive in this thread at all, except to poke people in the eye with the "I am all knowing Psycho Babble Bullpoopy". I guess we are feeding your "attention getting" personality too.

Well guess what ... ? buhbye Dood Ghil Pr.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2005, 01:04:29 PM »
I thought i was fighting LiamRay in the DA last night? :confused:
Dedalos, was he in there while we were?

If so, it looks like he got the point, maybe just a bit slower than most.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2005, 01:34:05 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
I thought i was fighting LiamRay in the DA last night? :confused:
Dedalos, was he in there while we were?

If so, it looks like he got the point, maybe just a bit slower than most.

He was there and I had some fun fights with him.  Wonder if it is a different person.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2005, 01:45:44 PM »
Unless your degreed and licensed in Psychology I'd suggest you stay away from saying someone might have some sort of split/bi-polar personality.
:D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2005, 01:47:39 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Unless your degreed and licensed in Psychology I'd suggest you stay away from saying someone might have some sort of split/bi-polar personality.

why?  you a lawyer?

:aok