Author Topic: An WB3 screenshot you cant complain about...  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
An WB3 screenshot you cant complain about...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »
Shit you guys are too much... *shakes head*

I really hope life will djump upp and bite you in the bellybutton real soon..

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2001, 07:25:00 PM »
Well, personally I think the guy did a helluva job painting the skin. That's no small feat. Remember guys, the end user didn't create WB3... they are just hoping it's as good as iEN is hyping. So you shouldn't talk smack about their work, it's very nice. Kind of like the skins being done for B17II, it's pretty much a beta that we had to pay for (B17II).. but the users sure can make perty skins.
-SW

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2001, 11:36:00 PM »
Here is another one I took:

http://users2.ev1.net/~mpiaustin/unomas.jpg

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2001, 02:53:00 AM »
eye candy is nice, fm is 2.76.

So much for HS statement that we were gonna see something extreme, something we wouldn't be able to understand.

He seems to forget that while he is a programmer, there are people out there in the world, and here, with degrees in physics and aeronautical engineering who know a helluva lot more about the theory than he does.

When they get the FM up to par with AH, it will be a serious threat to AH. But if they keep using 2.76 fm, with the horrible roll inertia modelling, I think it'll appeal mostly to WBII'ers or old WBII'ers.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"You filthy piece of distended rectum! DIE allierte schweinhund!"

chisel

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
Hotseat isnt a programmer.

He is an Engineer.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
StSanta, you have no idea of what you are talking about.

BTW, which WB Flight Model version does AH use???

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
Here we go again   WB-Weenies defending their sweet little game  .

BTW when do they transfer the game from mars to earth, or was it another planet which had a purple sky.

AH RULZ  .

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2001, 11:28:00 AM »
Quote:

AH RULZ

About says it all.......

Cabby

-Belgar-

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
I can see why the community between Warbirds and WWIIOnline get on so well, reading some of the post between Killer and HS recently and some from Mo over at CRS, shows signs of the good relations they have with one another.
All I see here is the squeaking of stupid little childish insults of completely irrelevant nature (I'm sure you'll defend some of the issues with of the MG's saga) but that not defeating the issue is it?. You complain about how one sims looks cartoonist and how one sims looks porked, but you fail to look upon your own with its own graphical and flight data differences, sure I understand Aces high uses its own individual systems to produce there own game.
Baal did a great job with the B24 there was no need to squeak about it, all who did are very cruel, and if I need to squeak yes im sure I can show you the differences between Aces High and Warbirds closed beta shots of the B-17G and you can see which is more cartoonist where I already shown over in AGW.
There is a lot of bad blood over here and feels like I'm a human walking through a unknown planet only not noticing the aliens lurking behind the scene waiting to pounce on me to rip me a new one,(yes I know that here and AGW have there own Aliens).
Can we not bury the hatchet and get along, I enjoy reading boards here as there are some good informative posts.
I have flown Aces High from the beginning from when it entered its first open beta and watch it evolve to something quite interesting a fun looking sim, though I don't fly it anymore due to personal preferences with Warbirds, but I don't come over here with a club in my hand and start bashing the first positive thing I see.
One thing I love to see is the what I call the BIG 3, having WW2Online, Warbirds and Aces High all together under one conference roof for a great Con, it would be great. but now I posted that statement, I cant wait to see all the negative posts talking about it wont work where they havent even considered of thinking about it or even considered trying it, If I had the financial backing behind me I would make one such event possible.

funked

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
Call me crazy, but I don't see any insults in this thread.  All I see is a couple of che.. err sim proponents who felt the need to respond to some polite criticism.  I saw a joke by Ripsnort which was not criticism of WBIII at all.  And some balanced comments by guys who compliment some of the WBIII work.

I guess maybe Karnak's comment about the long-ago decision to add the B-24 was insulting ("idiotic" was his term), but I don't think it's worth getting riled up over.  It was the Mo regime that added that plane anyways, so it's no slam on the great Hotseat SAE and his cohorts.

I think one of the big problems between the two sim communities is the guys who feel the need to cross-post comments about one sim to the other sim's BBS, in order to stir up controversy, and then come on to that board telling people how to act.  

And PS Cabby, Santa does know what he's talking about in this case with regards to roll damping and inertia.  I'm sure Hotseat will fix it in the future.  The WB2 FM is a mix of HT/Hoof/HS and I think HS has said a few times that WB3 will allow him to redo the whole thing to a higher standard.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-24-2001).]

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Totally agree Funked.

And Belgar I agree the planes Artwork is incredible   and I a big Flightsimmer con would be great we had 1 in europe last year and from all I heard it just was great. Couldn't make it myself  there last year  .

IMHO WB3 do has a lot of potential, I just don't like it at it's current state. AND PLZ somebody convince IEN to get that Quakie purple sky fixed  

But what should i think about people who come here claimin' that people they prolly don't know are talking about something are talking BS.

and then...

Quote:

AH RULZ

About says it all.......

Cabby

Well maybe he missed that smilie that was added, anyway it was meant as a provocation and he fully stepped in.

no hard feelings here but  

Maik

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2001, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote:

"AND PLZ somebody convince IEN to get that Quakie purple sky fixed "

My WBIII sky isn't "Quakie purple".  It's a deep blue with streaks of high, white cirrus.  So what needs fixing??  It  sure aint the WBIII sky.......

Cabby

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
If you have never seen a lavender sunset, I suggest making a trip to the un-polluted countryside, somewhere with mountains.  That is by far the best rendered sky I have ever seen in any type game.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
I wish you WB guys would would recruit a few more members for your cheerleading squad...it's getting boring reading the same 2 or 3 guys.  

bowser

chisel

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2001, 04:28:00 PM »
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE'RE DOING HERE Bowser?  

Funked your CRAZY!!    

Seriously, has anyone done some calcs on Roll inertia/Speed/Stick forces?

Just curious cause when WB2.73? IIRC was released there were real life pilots on both sides of the argument.