Author Topic: An WB3 screenshot you cant complain about...  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Ram1

• Zinc Member
An WB3 screenshot you cant complain about...
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
Nice work Rip1. Can't argue with data.

R4M, any comments now on the roll rate issue? Its not that much different as I suspected.

Ram1

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by Ram1:
Nice work Rip1. Can't argue with data.

R4M, any comments now on the roll rate issue? Its not that much different as I suspected.

Ram1

I dont complain about roll RATE itself.

I DO say that the roll inertia is too high. Last time I tested was in 2.76, and the plane felt like an slow AH P38L.

Re read my post, I say that the plane lasts too much to change roll directions. Once in a roll, the plane rolls quite fast, no problem with that, but if you try to roll to one side and change direction of roll in a moment, you can't.

In AH you can do it. In RL you could do it aswell (the 190 was a noticeabily unstable plane on the roll axis with notably low roll inertia).

[This message has been edited by R4M (edited 03-28-2001).]

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
Exactly my findings...once you get it rolling it seems normal.  The problem is responsiveness to stick input.  For example if I throw the stick left, there is an abnormally long delay before the plane starts to roll.  I've experimented with dead zones, dampening, etc. with no improvement.
I'm sure there is no problem on most systems, but if you're really trying to find bugs, you have to consider the possiblity the problem does exist on some systems for whatever reason.

bowser

Offline Ram1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2001, 07:44:00 PM »
Oh Ok, I understand better now. Will try it out when I get a chance, but not sure I would  know what is the correct amount of time for changing direction in a roll.

It would seem that it would take some time to change direction but I have no data to say one way or the other.

Thanks for clarification.

Ram1

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
I saw the first couple of posts in this thread and am so burnt out on this old debate that it's hard for me to muster up a good insult for warbirds. I'll try to come up with a good one and post it later.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Ah, hell.  Sturmovik beta should be out soon.

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GvIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by bowser:
Exactly my findings...once you get it rolling it seems normal.  The problem is responsiveness to stick input.  For example if I throw the stick left, there is an abnormally long delay before the plane starts to roll.  I've experimented with dead zones, dampening, etc. with no improvement.
I'm sure there is no problem on most systems, but if you're really trying to find bugs, you have to consider the possiblity the problem does exist on some systems for whatever reason.

bowser

I forgot to mention this in the test notes, but I didn't think it was applicable to the tests I conducted.  Incidently, I had the stick deadbands all on 0.