Author Topic: Mom Describes Killing Five Kids  (Read 2015 times)

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
Mom Describes Killing Five Kids
« on: June 22, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
----------------------------------
HOUSTON (AP) - The mother who allegedly drowned her five children one by one in a bathtub told police the oldest one tried to escape but she chased him through the house, the Houston Chronicle reported Friday.

In the videotaped interview with police, Andrea Yates described how she methodically killed the children Wednesday, the newspaper said. It quoted an unidentified police investigator as saying she spoke in a "zombie-like fashion."
-----------------------------------------

rest of the story

WTF is wrong with people? even public hanging probably wouldnt have done anything to prevent this psycho from doing what she did. what would have???

-AKHog
The journey is the destination.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
Wow.. really a sad story.

Now.. the big question.  Would you support a death sentance for this woman?

My inclination after reading this article is no.

I do, however, feel the father should be held somewhat responsible for negligence for leaving 5 children alone with a suicidal mother.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Now.. the big question.  Would you support a death sentance for this woman?

Hmm, I dont know. From what she *says* I think she just has some serious mental probs, the death sentence wouldnt have influenced her before she did this. so there is no point to use it. but what she really was thinking when she did this is up for a jury? to decide.
if i were to decide she would have to prove pretty damn well she lost her mind to get off w/o death.
but if no death then what could be a sentence for someone who kills 5 children in cold blood like she did???

-AKHog

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
Death - no
Life without parole -YES!
I can't see how a "depressed" person can kill FIVE kids without realizing what they were doing. She's whacked and belongs in a insane asylum - for LIFE. No medication in my opinion would set her right to be released. Her husband is wacked. How in the hell can you be in front of tv cameras less than 24 hrs after your wife has killed your 5 kids? Yes, he is responsible to a point, if she was that sick and he left the children with her.

If the choice is death or prison with any possibility of parole, then I change my above answer to death.

some sick freakin ppl out there   :(

Eagler

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Eagler ]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
I wish I had not read that now. I'd been pretty much horrified and saddened about this. Knowing more details of what she actually did... well, I just teared up here over what those kids had done to them.

Damn her

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
Why does there so often seem to be a need to find the man that is at fault for something a woman does?

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
If she was "suicidal," then how come she's alive and the children are dead?  Doesn't sound suicidal to me at all.  She was depressed, something the article said happens to almost half of women after they give birth.  How can you hold the father responsible for leaving his children with his wife when she's never given any notion of HARMING the children before???  He's only responsible if he KNEW that the children were in danger from their own mother, or it was pre-meditated between the two of them (which if it was, they're doing a fantastic acting job.)

Anyways, put her in a mental institution if she's clinically deemed to be "insane."  If she was completely in control of her own faculties...  Get rid of her.  I wouldn't want my taxes paying for some mother who maliciously kills her own children.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
If she was "suicidal," then how come she's alive and the children are dead? Doesn't sound suicidal to me at all. She was depressed, something the article said happens to almost half of women after they give birth.

On the previous child the woman attempted suicide as a result of the postportem depression.  They say that this time the depression was worse.

Hmmmmmmm.  Not many flags there.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

On the previous child the woman attempted suicide as a result of the postportem depression.  They say that this time the depression was worse.

Hmmmmmmm.  Not many flags there.

AKDejaVu

ahh...  case is a bit different then.  and your sarcasm was duly noted, and, of course, expected.   :p
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by SwampRat:
....Death is too easy.  She needs to suffer...allot.

yea but with our current form of "justice" that will never happen.

About jails:
A moutain bike buddy i ride with a lot is going to jail for 2 weeks on the 25th of this month. His son (15 yrs old) missed about 2 weeks of school over the last year. Even though my friend gets up before his son goes to school and works 2 shifts every weekday and has very little control over what his son does while he's not home he *still* got a ticket from the town police for about $600. BTW i'm not at all defending him, he should have made sure his son was in school, but... he could either pay $600 or go to county lock up for 2 weeks. He has been there before and knows what its like. His choice... go spend time in jail. I asked him about this and he says its very nice. He gets about 50 tv channels, free place to live with clean clothes/room/bathroom, gets to work out about 2-3 hours a day, gets 3 very good meals with a snack at night, and even gets to work and make money. Sence his son is going away to stay with the mom for the summer there is no reason my friend would opt to not go. In 2 weeks he'll come out well rested, much more fit and healthy, and will have made money rather then spending $600. roadkill if you ask me.

-AKHog

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: AKHog ]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
and your sarcasm was duly noted, and, of course, expected.

LOL! Read the first line of your first post one more time.  After that we can play "you said it first" all you want.   :p

AKDejaVu

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2001, 01:23:00 PM »
More discussion on simple toejam.

Burn the witch.

What the hell is wrong with society?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
That's one crazy squeak.
-SW

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
I think her fate will be decided once she reaches prison.  I believe that the female inmates will give her the same type of treatment that male inmates who are sent to prison for rape and child molestation and stuff get.  They arent too kind to people who hurt children.

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by SwampRat:
...Jail because a kid missed 2 weeks of school?  What country is this?

State of PA in good old U.S.A. he had the opion of $600 or 2 weeks in jail. 99% of people in his postion take the $600 hit so it's just like a ticket. But in PA all those type of crimes have an option of jail time. funny stuff eh?

-AKHog