Author Topic: Stirring.  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
Re: Stirring.
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »
May I ask what is a land trout. Is that the full 360 degree roll, pushing down on the stick?
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
May I ask what is a land trout. Is that the full 360 degree roll, pushing down on the stick?
Go out catch a trout. Now take said trout and toss it on the ground. Watch the reaction, then duplicate with the 190.
See Rule #4

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
When someone gets on my 6, I do the crazy butterfly negative snap inverted flat lazy roll  :rock
It always works  :aok
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »
Slappy
 How many times have you caught a 190 and watch them do the neg G pushover into the land trout?

Over the past 6 years ... both you and I and 20 other guys don't have enough fingers and toes to count.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »
I got to agree, it would be difficult to do much more about stirring in general.  When I had a lower end controller, "don't move your controls so rapidly" used to get me killed as it was just from minor spiking with quick, small input changes.  And all I was doing, was following a stirrer, trying to line up a shot.  HTC would have to sit down and get more elaborate with what kind of input changes wouldn't be allowed.  I really don't think that will happen any time soon.

The IL2 thing is pretty annoying.  I don't doubt the range of the elevator deflection, but I do question the ability of the pilot not to be knocked silly by the nonsense displayed in the game sometimes.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »
Like I said, I think if the red out effect was more pronounced and, like the blackout effect, if sever enough would cause total lack of control input.. It would help a great deal.. 

a person in real life can pull far more positive than negative Gs.

in AH too many positive Gs causes total blackout and lack of input.

Negative Gs have no limit..  the redout goes away as soon as you back off, and you never lose control input..  this allowing for extreme ultra melon maneuvers.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »
Like I said, I think if the red out effect was more pronounced and, like the blackout effect, if sever enough would cause total lack of control input.. It would help a great deal.. 

a person in real life can pull far more positive than negative Gs.

in AH too many positive Gs causes total blackout and lack of input.

Negative Gs have no limit..  the redout goes away as soon as you back off, and you never lose control input..  this allowing for extreme ultra melon maneuvers.

Are you of the opinion that the blackouts are for too long of a time, or are they just right do you think?
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2008, 06:31:22 PM »
Are you of the opinion that the blackouts are for too long of a time, or are they just right do you think?

anytime i get one.. its farrr to long.. especially when i hear rounds hitting me as im sitting there helpless :cry :lol

but I think they do well in accurately limiting a persons ability to pull extended high + G maneuvers properly, and thus help with realism.