Author Topic: new eny system my feelings  (Read 996 times)

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
new eny system my feelings
« on: August 02, 2005, 06:09:55 PM »
I only play for fun . which im sure 80% of the paying players do. I have limited time to play. i care NOTHING for score or rank.
I totally agree that some planes should be perked(fixed prices. i don't find it fair that because of the time zone you live in your full enjoyment of the game should be removed from you)
I really do feel that HTC should stand up to the bed room generals and either stop the fun being sucked out of the game or have a rolling plane set. pre 1941 pre 1944 and post 1944..
After all its not my fault that the time i play the knights always have more people online. why should i pay the price to fly a plane i dont want to because the spits (except the mk1) are out because of the limiter..the spit was one of the most numerious planes of ww2. when i logged on tonight (8pm gmt) the knights have 0 (except the mk1) to choose from..i would have jumpped sideds but the lenth of time before being able to return to fly with squaddies is too long..
COME ON HTC, THERE HAS TO BE A FAIRER WAY THAN THIS

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 06:43:43 PM »
uhhhh, isn't the side-switching timer set for 3 or maybe 6 hrs?

and, uuuhhhh...  "fair"  what would be "fair" would be for your squad to switch to a non-horde side?  unless you're about the only one who can't fly knits when they don;t have nbrs... then perhaps you might look into joining a new squad that's more in line with your limited time to play... it'd not be the end of the world, yanno?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 07:07:07 PM »
ITS MY 15$ SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING I LIKE!

we've been through this before.

Spare a thought for the guys on the other end of your horde - should they not have a fighting chance?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: new eny system my feelings
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:06:27 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
After all its not my fault that the time i play the knights always have more people online.

IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. YOU WERE NOT FORCED TO BECOME A KNIT, AND NEITHER WAS YOUR SQUAD. YOU CHOSE YOUR SIDE: IF YOU REFUSE TO CHANGE, THIS IS THE CONSEQUENCE.

Your total comes to $14.95, please pull around to the second window.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:12:08 PM »
Selector, just change sides. Believe me, there are nice people and wimps on every side. It took me a year to realize my way toward less agravation was personal goals. Meager expectations and lots of beer :)

Last camp it was 1.5 kills per day. This camp 2 kill per day. And lotsa beer. I'm too smart to be poor!!!

:rofl

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
Re: Re: new eny system my feelings
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:24:53 PM »

Your total comes to $14.95, please pull around to the second window.

:rofl  I love these cracks

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 05:34:22 AM »
1.5 kills per day? thats awsome.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 05:38:11 AM »
the spit was one of the most numerious planes of ww2

This isn't WW2. Its a fight sim.

The way I see it you have two choices.

Change to the side where you can fly what you want due to lower numbers.

Or.

Stay where you are, continue to whine. And let Hitech dictate what you can and cant fly.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 06:41:21 AM »
SELECTOR--

You have a third option that Morpheus failed to mention.  You can quit the game.  That's the option I took when the ENY system ruined my enjoyment of it.

I am still waiting for changes which will make the game fun again, and while I've seen steps in the right direction (Icon system revisions), the continued presence of ENY is just too much of a detriment.

J_A_B

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 06:57:54 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
SELECTOR--

You have a third option that Morpheus failed to mention.  You can quit the game.  That's the option I took when the ENY system ruined my enjoyment of it.

I am still waiting for changes which will make the game fun again, and while I've seen steps in the right direction (Icon system revisions), the continued presence of ENY is just too much of a detriment.

J_A_B

Oh come on man....... what's the REAL reason you quit? Quiting instead of changing sides? Get real. :rolleyes:

Woof

Offline Loddar

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 07:04:12 AM »
It isn't a flightsim, it isn't real WW2 ...

It is a good flightsim WW2 furball game !

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 07:28:57 AM »
That's the option I took when the ENY system ruined my enjoyment of it.

Your fun was ruined because you just couldn't switch sides?

It would seem to me that if the eny system is being used to entice folks into balancing the teams (many games have forced 'auto balance' settings) a thread like this just shows how much its needed.

What possible difference could it make in the 'fun level' whether you are a bish, rook or Knit?

If you are dedicated to one aircraft (which is fine, I only flew a few different planes in AH myself) then why can't you have 'fun' flying it on which ever side has it available?

AH is not a real war, chess piece patriotism is a little 'weird' don't you think?

If anything wouldn't switching sides to fight with and against a variety a different folks (both friend and foe) keep the game fresh?

Everybody can use a little 'strange' every now and again...

Besides once the new Spitfires get introduced I am sure the eny values will need re-adjusting...

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 08:50:56 AM »
Think about the poor bastards flying against 1:4 odds.

What do you recommend they would do ?

They either logoff or  change to the other side with favourable odds

Who wants to fight when they are glad  to stay alive long enough to get the gear up before they get whacked ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 09:03:12 AM »
What new ENY system?

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 09:07:33 AM »
I don't know. But me i've seen the 262 perked at 0 and the f4u1 perked 200:eek: Must be small update errors.