Author Topic: Disgusted  (Read 3825 times)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Disgusted
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 12:19:10 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Your text I quoted was a reply to a different post (not Vudak's). The poster suggested killing FHs at neighboring fields as opposed to the one where capture was imminent, it is a sound strategy to me, and I was really interested in hearing what was wrong with it.

Also, what's up with the BK shot, I mean where did THAT come from?

The problem with killing FHs at neighboring fields, while leaving FHs up at target field is dilution of force.  Any tactics guy will tell you that one of the most important principles in battle is to concentrate your forces.

Say there are three (typical) fields within 30 miles of the target field.  I have to split off heavies (of some sort) to take out at least three FHs at each field in order to get the fighters down.  That's nine guys, at least, if there is no opposition.  Even if they are successful, they'r now 25-30 miles out of position, and not available to kill stuff at the target base, or cover the goon.  I don't usually get enough of a response (outside my squaddies adn some other squads) to missions, since most players  generally like to furball and defend.  Usually, 15 in a mission is a good number.  With your method, I need nine more, or 24.  Can't usually get that many.

And the BK shot is a comment on your squad's well-known and often repeated propensity to concentrate on air-to-air (furballing) aspect of the game, and your also well-known and often repeated disdain for anyone that disagrees with your position.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

shubie

Birds of Prey XO
Birds of Prey 69th Peregrines Squadron CO

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 12:23:04 PM »
ANDDDDD HEEEEREEE COMEEEES THE FUNNN POLIIIIIICE!!!!

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2005, 12:42:53 PM »
And the BK shot is a comment on your squad's well-known and often repeated propensity to concentrate on air-to-air (furballing) aspect of the game, and your also well-known and often repeated disdain for anyone that disagrees with your position. If the shoe fits, wear it.

You really have no clue as to what our position is.

The position and resulting distain is when a good furball is going full bore, and there is no threat of capture to either of the opposing bases, and some hero(s) who can't find their arse with both hands when it comes to dogfighting decide that its in everybody's best interest to make suicide JABO runs to knock all the FHs out at the opposing field.

The distain is also a double-edged sword ... distain for the opposing players idiocy and also towards fellow countrymen that shut down the furball by destroying the enemy's FHs.

If that is the shoe in your hand ... then I will gladly put it on.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Disgusted
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2005, 12:44:10 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
ANDDDDD HEEEEREEE COMEEEES THE FUNNN POLIIIIIICE!!!!

Predictable.  Any time anyone states a logical case that contrasts with your world view on how AH should be played, you furballers either go for the throat on a personal level, or heap disdain upon the person making the case.

Typical.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Disgusted
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2005, 12:50:33 PM »
Originally posted by ChristCAF
The fact is you go to bases to capture them... not to sit and vulch for 2 hours, isn't the point of AH to win earch war, move to another map and do it again.  Besides, if you de-ack a field, it is kind of easier to keep a cap on the filed, don't you think.  If a squad comes in to take it, don't whine because the hangers go flat and you lose all those "kills" you worked so hard to get.... The CAF has done thier fair share of flattening bases so it is an easy capture for the Rooks. The CAF works as a Squad and we organize it, that is why we are successful when we fly together and other squads as well.  Now take your pink purse, go home and make some pie....

ok, I read it three times to make sure I understand it.  What does anything you wrote have to do with my comments :confused:   A guy said he stoped de-acking cause other people would follow to vulch planes upping from the FH his squadies were dropping.  I thought it was funny and a joke between two guys that fought against and next to eachother for over 2 years in this game.  Who the heck are you, the CAF, and what are you talking about?

When you are done with your buildings meet me somewhere above 0K alt and bring a few squadies with.  I'll bake some pie for all of you :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
And the BK shot is a comment on your squad's well-known and often repeated propensity to concentrate on air-to-air (furballing) aspect of the game, and your also well-known and often repeated disdain for anyone that disagrees with your position. If the shoe fits, wear it.

The position and resulting distain is when a good furball is going full bore, and there is no threat of capture to either of the opposing bases, and some hero(s) who can't find their arse with both hands when it comes to dogfighting decide that its in everybody's best interest to make suicide JABO runs to knock all the FHs out at the opposing field.

The distain is also a double-edged sword ... distain for the opposing players idiocy and also towards fellow countrymen that shut down the furball by destroying the enemy's FHs.

What he said

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Disgusted
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2005, 12:55:25 PM »

Well, of course I do.  You repeat it often enough.  Unless your posts are all a very consistent, well planned disinformation campaign EVERYBODY who ever read these boards knows exactly where you are coming from.

You want to furball.  You want to do air to air l33t pilit stuf.  U r teh hair-on-fire quakmasstr plane killaz.

Well, enjoy.  But understand that I get my fun in the game by capturing fields and winning resets.  Yes, yes...that is useless activity in your mind.  Yes, yes, yessss...I have read it thousands of times over the last three years or so.

A few months ago, I challenged you guys to STOP ME.   You couldn't then.  You can't work together well enough.  You're stuck in the individualist, me-only thumb candy aspect of the game, while those of us who work as a TEAM are exploring the advanced aspects of the game.

Apparently, that is too much thinking for you.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2005, 01:14:51 PM »
Originally posted by rshubert
Well, of course I do.  You repeat it often enough.  Unless your posts are all a very consistent, well planned disinformation campaign EVERYBODY who ever read these boards knows exactly where you are coming from.

You want to furball.  You want to do air to air l33t pilit stuf.  U r teh hair-on-fire quakmasstr plane killaz.

Well, enjoy.  But understand that I get my fun in the game by capturing fields and winning resets.  Yes, yes...that is useless activity in your mind.  Yes, yes, yessss...I have read it thousands of times over the last three years or so.

A few months ago, I challenged you guys to STOP ME.   You couldn't then.  You can't work together well enough.  You're stuck in the individualist, me-only thumb candy aspect of the game, while those of us who work as a TEAM are exploring the advanced aspects of the game.

Apparently, that is too much thinking for you.  Not that there's anything wrong with that...

"A few months ago, I challenged you guys to STOP ME."

BUWAHAHAHA ... not what I recall ... but go and spin your disinformation.

You need to get over yourself.

I flew with the MAW for 2+ years ... 1 year as the CO of the 3rd MAW ... there isn't anything you or anybody else that could tell me anything new about base capture and winning the war.

We had base capture down to a science and it was a beautiful thing to watch and participate in. When a base was our target ... it was taken 98% of the time ... and it was completely operational after the capture. Most that take base these days are complete amateurs ... they trash the base and if it is captured ... its completely by luck. No coordination at all.

Anyways ... been there ... done that ... got a couple of t-shirts.

I got tired of being a JABO and de-acking expert ... and after the bombs were delivered ... or on my my way to target I got my arse handed to me in dogfights. So I hung up my JABO jock and decided to concentrate more on dogfighting ... now ... I CAN do both if I decide to. I laugh at most base capture attempts nowadays.

Capture all the bases you want ... I could give a rats arse ... just do it with style.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »
Predictable.  Any time anyone states a logical case that contrasts with your world view on how AH should be played, you furballers either go for the throat on a personal level, or heap disdain upon the person making the case.

Typical.

boo hoo

im only joking, lighten up francis.

i like to joke on here, i find it fun.  i like fun, i dont really care how these people play the game, apart from when effects me having fun, incase you havent forgotten yet - i like fun and its not fun when someone restricts the fun i am able to have.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2005, 01:17:47 PM »

With all due respect, i just up at the base which has the most kill prospects.  i couldnt give a damn if your little one man milkrunning session takes a base i am not using.

but hey, if you have fun while i have fun then we are all a happy little rainbow flag waving community.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Disgusted
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »
You don't do a lot of base captures, do you?  I mean, from what I am reading here, you obviously aren't in it for the capture the flag game, are you?

'Cause you really don't seem to make a lot of sense.  Just sayin'...

Actually it sounds like he does do a few of them.  He's right, what's the use of capturing a base that is unusable when you get it?  There really is no reason to kill some hangers unless you as the attacker are at a numeric disadvantage but as the attacker you shouldn't be in that position, crappy planning if you're out numbered as the attacker.  VH, field acks and town.  That is all that is needed, use your CAP to keep the defenders in check.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Disgusted
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Actually it sounds like he does do a few of them.  He's right, what's the use of capturing a base that is unusable when you get it?  There really is no reason to kill some hangers unless you as the attacker are at a numeric disadvantage but as the attacker you shouldn't be in that position, crappy planning if you're out numbered as the attacker.  VH, field acks and town.  That is all that is needed, use your CAP to keep the defenders in check.  

ack-ack

STOP MAKING SENSE :rolleyes: Thats BS.  The way to take a base is to bring 60 jabos with ya, kill the FH, leave the VH and Town up, and drop troops repeatedly on the runway while asking if the church is still up.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Disgusted
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2005, 02:17:29 PM »
Y'all are ruining all my fun taking down the VH.  :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Disgusted
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
In a perfect world with complete cooperation it would be easy. But we know that doesnt happen in here often. Often times it seems 4-5 guys are actually going for the capture and the rest are along for the ride.

Guys who have gotten burned enough losing a possible capture have lost faith in their teams ability to get the job done so they do the most damage they can to the enemy.

If you think of it without the bombers, the map wouldnt move, and you'd just have a DA. What fun would that be? You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet and all that.

When its all said and done..the bombs will continue to fall. You can choose not to protect the bombers,the bombers can choose to leave up all the ack and VH, and only target FHs. As I said before..those that wish to furball pick a field and announce on text that its off limits to bombers. Just make sure its not a base inline with the flow of the attack. Then if a guy bombs it feel free to yell at him, the rest of us will join in as well.

~AoM~

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Disgusted
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:23 PM »
It's the 50-50 rule, half are happy half aren't.

If you want to kill em, kill em.

I've been disgusted before to see a hard fought base capture lost because the FH's don't go down, the cap dwindles and all the sudden the nme springs up.

At the same time, it sucks when a defenseless base is suddenly abandoned after everyone lands and .ef's and can't defend.  

Out of the two though, situation #1 has happened many more times than situation #2  in my experience.

I think a good rule of thumb is that if you're one of the guys who battled to get the cap established and managed to stay alive doing it or got back over there right quick, you're gonna get some vulch rewards. If you showed up after a cloud of "safety" green has formed over the base, and 10 guys are all diving at once on the one dippy guy who keeps re-upping his A6M relentlessly, well better luck next time.
IMHO, it's usually guy #2 crying about leaving the FH's up.