Author Topic: Bush & Global Warming  (Read 4644 times)

Offline DA98

• Copper Member
Bush & Global Warming
« on: March 29, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
 http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/03/29/schroeder.bush/index.html

What do you think about it?

[This message has been edited by DA98 (edited 03-29-2001).]

funked

Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
I think the theory that humans are creating global warming is bunk.  A correlation and a causal relationship are two different things.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-29-2001).]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 05:29:00 PM »
The planet went through climate changes long before we got here, it will continue to long after we are gone.

I did think this was funny though:
While stressing it was too soon to discuss "tactics to punish the United States,"
                  Wallstroem said she will go to Washington next week with an EU delegation to
                  seek clarification of the Bush administration's position.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
Bush has more balls than I thought.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
yes mietla, and he's thinking with them. Guess the almighty green paper is more important than the air he will leave for his grandchildren.  

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
"The planet went through climate changes long before we got here, it will continue to long after we are gone. "

While I'll happily agree that Global Warming is not necesarrily caused by pollution, doesnt change the fact that pollution isnt good.

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group
 www.56thfightergroup.org
This is Yardstick, follow me"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
If the sun eventually does that supernova thing, will that cause global warming too?

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 03-29-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2001, 12:52:00 AM »
If they can't predict the weather day after tomorrow accurately, how the heck can ya believe them over a longer period of time????

Global warming is a political tactic to undermine capitalism!!  Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2001, 01:22:00 AM »
The USA again think (or is it only Mr. Bush) they are the world and what they do doesnt effect others.

I really hope this egoistic view will soon fall back on them.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
Your average sized volcanic eruption creates more air pollution (hazardous
particle /chemical emmision) then the world as a whole has created since the begining of this century.

Of course pollution is not good, but global warming is a junk theory. It is based on a period of less than 100 years of recording, an amount of time that is only an instant, of an instant, of an instant of the earth's geological cycle.

Perhaps when the earth leaves the present warming trend the theory might be valid, but the climate is still warming from a cold period during the 1400's (a mini-ice age if you will) that the global warming advocates are reluctant to present.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2001, 03:14:00 AM »
Dear American Captain's of Industry,

I am pleased to announce that with immediate effect, you are now free to emit whatever you want, providing that the end result is a profit. Feel free to emit as many particulates as you want, heavy metals, PCBs, Phenols, high BOD/COD chemicals, C02, nitrous oxides, sulphur oxides.

Our position is clear: refuse any restriction relating to climate change, and open the door to the flouting of any restriction of emissions.

Acid rain doesn't happen in this administration.

Yours with respect,

Mr. George Bush
CEO, United States of America

PS. I respectfully advise you to relocate some of your more 'sensitive' operations to third world nations, until our agenda has reached fruition. I am informed that there is still plenty of real-estate in the Bhopal area for development.

War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2001, 03:58:00 AM »
Hm, I understood that the changes we've ahd in the last few decades have been unmatched in history.

Weathern patter and so forht can be studied by drilling deep into the ice caps, and there hasn't been such a quick warmup as the one we're currently experiencing.

There was a new report released recently that showed a stronger correlation between greenhouse gasses and global warming that previously thought. I'd have to look it up, so don't bug me about it til i do :9.

At any rate, it's sad when the environment gets to take a step back for big business, especially since there was some sort of frame agreement, with other nations trying hard to do their part. I ain't a treehugger by any rate, but do believe that we CAN limit our emissions without losing profits, by just being a bit smarter.

Don't like this Bush decision.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2001, 05:16:00 AM »
Not even going to get into the environmental side of the debate, that one's obvious. But more importantly it gives an indication of how much Bush's word has value for him: It's only been a few weeks since he stated that he would respect the Kyoto treaty and now he withdraws his promise as easily as he made it.

Point: This kinda makes clear that the man that so many people depend on for leadership and integrity (his words) can't be trusted in anything he says. Sad isn't it....

------------------
Thud1/Bies

Bring the Hurricane (MKIIC) to AH! (together with the Invader!)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2001, 05:51:00 AM »
I didn't vote for Bush, but I did respect him.  With this most recent broken promise, my respect for him is running dry.  And what's up with the Bush Administration meeting a self-proclaimed Chechen 'foreign minister'??  Chechnya is a part of Russia, like Florida is a part of the USA.  We've got no right sticking our nose in Russia's business.
ingame: Raz

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bush & Global Warming
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2001, 06:19:00 AM »
Double Idiot effect ?
It's his nickname here  

Heard this joke about the "nuclear" mallet ?
G.W.Bush  :"I've understand it's the code is my birthday but where did they put the 13 key ? on this keyboard ?"