Author Topic: Ki-84 films  (Read 850 times)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Ki-84 films
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:05:28 PM »
These films show some of what I like to do in 1 vs. many situations in the 84, and a bit of how I prioritize my targets (if you pay attention, you'll notice I always pop the twisty-turny plane first). The way I fly the 84 involves a lot of throttle work (mostly chopping), as the 84 really excels at low speeds. If you notice me doing loopey type things in front of planes or they start overshooting, my throttle is chopped.

2 films here

These films were taken my first day back after 4 months or so, so my gunnery is a little off, but the flying is still up to par. Fast forward through the parts where I'm following a N1K to the deck (he has a pilot wound and augers), and where I'm dweebing around and shoot an Il2 (both in second film).

Both sorties end in death, but given the kind of fight I look for in an 84, I think I can be forgiven. If you land your sorties, you aren't fighting hard enough ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 11:10:57 PM by wetrat »
Army of Muppets

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Ki-84 films
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:27:09 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat

If you land your sorties, you aren't fighting hard enough ;)

I like to differ on this 1 opinion, wetrat. If you land your sortie(s), you was working your SA in proper fashion. You still can have hard fights and land sorties. and even in on multiply bandits vs 1. You just got to read the situation properly and adapt to the constant changing variables..... but that is my personal thinking....

good to see ya back
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:01:23 PM »
Landing requires returning to base... I have the patience to fly somewhere to kill things, but most definitely not to land ;)
Army of Muppets

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 08:09:05 PM »
Heh, that kind of depends.  If you fly a Hizooka bird that can kill in one hit, sure, you might survive the occasional 5-6 on 1 (if you are damn lucky).  

Fly anything else, and the enemies will pile up faster than you can kill them.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »
Landing requires returning to base... I have the patience to fly somewhere to kill things, but most definitely not to land ;)

Yep, gotta agree. Leave landing to the ladies. Real men don't have time for that nonsense ;)
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 10:11:51 PM »
I must disagree wholeheartedly. Even if my entire sortie is kill-less, and many seem to be, I still RTB and still have pride in the fact that I landed with an aileron missing and a leaking gastank, or heck, even that I landed with no damage (not seeing much combat). I feel it gives me the feeling of the real WW2 pilots that made it back alive and in one piece, elated that they didn't "get the chop," and hoping that next time will be better.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 03:24:43 AM »
We just look for different things in the game. You sound like the flight sim type who enjoys just umm... flying I guess, whereas I just want to kill everything I can as fast as possible. We're kind of uhh.. polarized, eh?
Army of Muppets

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Ki-84 films
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 10:20:07 AM »
as long as I have ammo I'm in the fight... never even look at fuel most of the time :)

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »
lets face the facts...any idiot can go get a kill or two or 10 for that matter and then just die.  

Quake may be better suited for them types ..since you dont have to waste time to fly back to the action.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 02:01:13 PM »
I guess I don't have the right viewer to see these films.  :(
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 02:50:07 PM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
lets face the facts...any idiot can go get a kill or two or 10 for that matter and then just die.

Oh, really?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Ki-84 films
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 03:17:48 PM »
Quake may be better suited for them types ..since you dont have to waste time to fly back to the action.

And MS Flight Sim might be better suited for  you "Sunday Flyers"...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 03:47:09 PM »

And the other foot:

Any idiot can sit 50K in their fast plane and safely pick one or two or 10 players already engage. And then run for their life when faced with opposition.

Watching paint dry may be better suited for them types ..Since you don't have to waste time climbing to 50K

As you can see, any type of flying can be made to sound pretty lame. It's all preference, there is no wrong or right. Bashing someone b/c they fly a certain way is pretty sad.:aok ;)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Ki-84 films
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 03:54:30 PM »

Where is your film?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Ki-84 films
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 08:47:13 PM »

Both sorties end in death, but given the kind of fight I look for in an 84, I think I can be forgiven. If you land your sorties, you aren't fighting hard enough ;)

I was not bashing wetrat, and he knows this.

I merely spoke my thinking because this is the Training forum and I would much rather teach new flyers how to fight, fight hard, and survive than to go jump in a furball and die.

I have no quams with furballing & dieing, playing the lonewolf and picking my targets,  or any other way of game play.

I merely spoke my opinion aiming toward the Training & help section.

alot of people do not have the time or patience to fly like the next person......

there is nothing wrong in how wetrat enjoys his time online verses anyone else.

I  noticed his wink, and took his comment  as a rib! nothing more

anyhow, not real sure what the rest of you all are getting all worked up about.

This is the Help &  Training Forum,  lets use it for this purpose and this purpose only please.

Thank You!

btw good films wetrat :)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC