Author Topic: EuroCon 2002  (Read 604 times)

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
EuroCon 2002
« on: December 11, 2001, 04:19:00 AM »
OK, here's the drill:

A European convention for online flightsim enthusiasts is going to be held in Holland on 22-24 February 2002. It's organised by WB crowd but it's a great fun nevertheless (Gadfly - go away ;)). Last one took place in a nice conference centre in a small town with un-pronounceable Dutch name and it was a hoot :).

AH was represented rather thinly (Duck, Habicht, BUG and myself) - it's time to redress the balance :).

The whole event costs €170 Euros and you get a room (shared with one other crazy who would pay money to get away from relatives/friends for a weekend), food, LAN, internet connection, go-kart racing and other stuff. Plus lots of drinking, talking and learning from people who kill you every time you meet them in the virtual air.

This year's star attraction is a 20 min flight in a P51D for the winners of 2 vs 2 HTH competition!!!

I don't know how they do it but apparently there's no profit to be made - last years leftovers paid for hire of monitors for those who needed them - I was one of those, thank you guys :).

Full details are available from EuroCon 2002 web page

Oh, btw, it's not only EuroCon. Last year there were two guys from Israel and even a guy from the States (OK, he didn't fly all the way to attend, he was in the neighbourhood at the time of the conference and dropped in ;))!

Go and register - you know you want to!  ;).

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
EuroCon 2002
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 05:18:00 AM »
There will in all likelyhood also be an English convention. Flos will probably have the details.

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
EuroCon 2002
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
Hot damn .. i'll most probably not be able to make it this year.... but gee i'll make it next year fer sure then !

DW6

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
EuroCon 2002
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
Duck - I'm sure she can come too... ;) You lucky bastige you  :D

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
EuroCon 2002
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 05:17:00 PM »
Driebergen isn't unpronouncable.... Not as unpronouncable as unpronouncable is to dutch people  :)

Broes