Author Topic: What if there was a white Jesse Jackson?  (Read 2970 times)

-towd_

What if there was a white Jesse Jackson?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2000, 03:25:00 PM »
so we got a bunch of forign people and whites and latinos discussing american blacks and what is wrong with them. jessy preaches to the people he leads , poor uneducated people mostly   you expect his message to make sense to you?how many black folks play this game ( black americans i.e. the decendents of slaves )

i was raised in a southern republican white in a town where it is 50% 50 % black white .there are 2 towns within 20 miles that have 0 blacks why cause they attack them when they move in . ( vidor, tx and lumberton, TX ) whites gice lip service to being fair but most will call a black they never met a cupcake in a sec . once again this is from personal experience

alot of the people i played whith growin up are dead or in jail bout 3 times as many were black as white. so how did that happen?as it was their genetics lacking ? no they live in a country where people hold onto racial prejustice like a religion . being white i get to see it every day.  i only wish you people get to see the other side of the street. cause even with afirmative action they are still gettin screwed cause of the color of their skin. its a fact if you happen to know a black who the system has chosen to reward and he votes where his money comes from can u blame him .

ask your republican black freinds how many of their family members are republican . i asked 18 people at work the other day only 3 even knew any black republicans . and all these were black proffesional types. get a life the us is as racist as it ever was . and just as mean. and god forbid anyone says so to yall.you attack his character any way you can just like you great granfathers.nothin has changed thus the protection under law that was the cool thing about our country now mayby you can change that .

i submit to most of you you are lieing dupicitous swine. in really dont even admit it to yourselves

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2000, 03:29:00 PM »
AKDejaVu

you are still in the past. yeah, they were discriminated against in sports and all walks of life but not today. Not where I live anyway. Maybe in the back woods of Alabama or somewhere but not in your "civilized" areas. Same goes for women. This day and age, the most qualified, motivated win. It's a crime to have to drag dead wood around because of an outdated law.
My generation was not swayed by color/sex as my father's was or as his father's. My children's generation are all but colored blind. This is a good thing and will just get better as long as an antiquated mindset of the NAACP, jeese love muffin and the like will keep their blow hole closed.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »
Eagler, I believe that in many areas you're right. But racism is still abundant in the US, in Europe, everywhere.

Just go back 40 years and see where the US was. Great strides forward to be sure, but still some distance to go.

More worrysome is the development in Europe though  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2000, 04:10:00 PM »
Lets go back to the original question: What if there was a white Jesse Jackson? , and settle this once and for all.

If there was a white Jesse Jackson, he wouldn't be able to come up with all those witty rhymes.  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »

you are still in the past. yeah, they were discriminated against in sports and all walks of life but not today.

ROTFLMAO!  No sense in continuing with this one.

AKDejaVu

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2000, 04:52:00 PM »
On the topic of the Reverend Jackson, spotted this headline on CNN.com:

Rev. Jesse Jackson says Bush doesn't have moral authority to be president. CNN's Bill Delaney has an interview  (December 13).

He sures knows how to bring people together lol.                                                          

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by LJK Raubvogel:
On the topic of the Reverend Jackson, spotted this headline on CNN.com:

Rev. Jesse Jackson says Bush doesn't have moral authority to be president.

And the sad part is he believes gore does........... then again these are the same ppl who thought partying in Lincoln's bedroom and hummers in the Whitehouse are perfectly acceptable behavior also....

CNN's Bill Delaney has an interview Dec 13

This is the other half of the problem. Why do they give such rhetoric airtime? Just throws gas on the fire ...  

Eagler

[This message has been edited by Eagler (edited 12-13-2000).]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

TheWobble

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »
Ya  I have noticed somethign while reading here again, I keep coming across something like "its there to make up for how they were treated not to long ago"

Well I have to ask wher is this "not to long agon" gonna be long enough?

My point is that people keep passing of discriminationa against whites (AA) as a sort of reprisal for how blacks had it hard in the past.  The problem with this it that as long as we have this sense of "making up for the past" well one day today will be the past and then what after being descriminated against for x number of years do you think whites are going to have an "we are all equal atittude" I really doubt it.  And then there will be more discrimination. another thing about minorities I look around here in texas and Whites ARE the minority.  The last job I had i was the only white person that worked in my entire buliding..hmmm didnt see anyone from AA squeaking either.  So basically if you want to fill you office with anything ACCEPT white people thats jut fine but dont you dare hire too many of those white people...they are a bunch of racists that enslaved you grandpa, what a bunch of crap.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2000, 06:47:00 PM »
Sigh... I read up and didn't see that once wobble.

Most of what is being said is "its there because if it weren't... they wouldn't be treated much better than the were not too long ago."

Its not about atonement... its about human nature.

AKDejaVu

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2000, 06:55:00 PM »
I'm glad you replied to that DejaVu, I wasn't about to touch that post.  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

TheWobble

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2000, 11:23:00 PM »
Guys I didnt mean those exact words, but the whole tone to AA is not that it is necessarly right, but that is is "fair" because blacks used to suffer discrimination now whites suffer it as a sort of.... you bite me i bite you.  Most all the folks alive and in the work force today that are black havent suffered what their ancestors suffered, and yet they are being compensated for it, ALSO most all of the whites in in the work force today had nothing to do with the biggotry and business racisom of bygone days and yet they are the made to be the ones that suffer.  So basically people that didnt do anything wrong are being punished and segregated against and people that are not better or worse off than them are being given all these perks...BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOR!   DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2000, 08:50:00 AM »
All too familiar, Wobble.  Dejavu has made quite a few good posts about this.  It comes down to the law not being punitive, but rather to ensure some semblence of fairness of opportunity in a society that wasn't the least bit fair until these types of laws were enacted to force it.

Here is another sports example for whoever posted the first one.  How many black people have been hired for head coaching or management positions in the NFL?  Maybe half a dozen black head coaches hired in the last decade, no general managers.  Why?  Are blacks within the coaching ranks somehow unqualified?  Or is there a racial bias at work?

Question yourself about why these people don't get an opportunity at the highest levels of their profession.  Is it because virtually none of them have the mental capacity for those jobs?  You better answer no to this one      Is it because no black men want those jobs?  The coaching ranks are filled with black assistant coaches that would love to move up.  Okay, is it because black coaches that have the mental capacity and desire for the job are having less success at their current jobs than white people which leads them to be less qualified?  I don't think so.  There are a lot black assistant coaches and coordinators that do a bang-up job for succesful teams out there.  So if there are capable and qualified black men that want these jobs, why have we seen virtually none get those jobs in the past decade?

I ask myself those questions and I am left with no conclusion except that there is some sort of racial bias at work within the pro football coaching/management field.  This is echoed in many professions in America.  The notion that our society is essentially fair isn't true.  You may be fair and unbiased, but as a whole, we aren't there yet.  We've opened up the bottom levels of business to minorities and women, but the opportunity still isn't close to being equal at the top.  That is why you see groups such as a black coaches association, laws such as AA, and at least some blacks not too thrilled at suggestions to repeal such laws.

Gordo

[This message has been edited by Lance (edited 12-14-2000).]

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2000, 10:15:00 AM »
<S> Towd, I wanted to stay out of this, but you snagged me:

alot of the people i played whith growin up are dead or in jail bout 3 times as many were black as white. so how did that happen?as it was their genetics lacking ? no they live in a country where people hold onto racial prejustice like a religion .

How did that happen??? Actually, it happened because they COMMITTED A CRIME and they got caught. I swear, failure to take personal responsibility for your own actions is becoming a liberal disease!

:/
Gunthr

"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century