Author Topic: What if there was a white Jesse Jackson?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What if there was a white Jesse Jackson?
« on: December 12, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
Would he be in jail?

Would he be dead?

Would the media give him the time of day?

Why the friggin double standard?

Why isn't the democratic party, the party he represents, saying anything to discredit or shut him up for the good of the country?

Racism is racism. Amazing how the media turns a rhyming nutcase like jj into an african american folk hero....

It does give insight on one's intellectual level who would buy into his garbage.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
Well, this Democrat agrees with you. I think Jesse does more harm to the party than good.

But then again, I'm a white man, and it's pretty hard to understand the feelings of a minority group when you're not in it.

Racism is bad, no matter which race is guilty of it.

Thanks for the cheap shot all the same, Eagler. Now let me ask you what you're doing about the KKK?

See my point? Each party has members that embarrasses them.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 08:43:00 AM »
Point being the KKK are considered bad but Jesse Jackson is considered good.

Most Whites don't support the KKK but it seems like most Blacks support JJ.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
That's because you're a white man, Mighty.

Has it ever crossed your mind that blacks may think that it seems like all whites support the KKK? Stereotyping is a dangerous thing, and it is used liberally on this forum.

Personally, I think Jesse Jackson is a disgrace compared to Martin Luther King.

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by banana:
That's because you're a white man, Mighty.

Has it ever crossed your mind that blacks may think that it seems like all whites support the KKK? Stereotyping is a dangerous thing, and it is used liberally on this forum.
Yep used here mainly to make a point. Not on national television to incite race wars. The KKK are a bunch of a-holes too. That coming from a white guy here   The mentality of those drawn to orgs such as the KKK is less than my son's pet hamster. Can't say the same of those who both publicly and quietly back jj.

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 09:04:00 AM »
I think what Eagler's point if you dissected   is this...Jesse Jackson has done more to separate the colors of people rather than to draw them together.  He actually creates more racism in his politics than he prevents it.

Edit: Ironically, Jesse served as some sort of aid to MLK jr., you would think the man had learned how to draw diversity together rather than alienate it.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-12-2000).]

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Maybe I should have said most Black people I know support JJ.

Still the same meaning.

The point being you don't see the KKK on national TV being supported by thousands of people but JJ can get on TV about any time he wants. All he needs to do it go some place where a minority is involved in a dispute and he starts spouting racist remarks and calls others racist.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »
Interesting enough, I have two African American co-workers here in our group of 20.  Both are educated (B.Science degrees) and both vote Republican, and both despise J.J.  

Now, I haven't ask specifically why they despise him, but they 'joke' about Jesse all the time.  Alot of jokes about how 'Poor ol' Jesse trying to help out the victimized black man from the hall ways of his 5 million dollar mansion.."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2000, 09:28:00 AM »
Yep, Rip, any educated soul, white, black, orange or green can see through the bs jj spews. My question is why are those who are using jj and his rhetoric for their own political gain, not exposed for what/who they are?  I don't think jj even believes himself but he knows it works and it enables him to drawn a hefty salary for a "preacher".

Eagler

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2000, 09:52:00 AM »
Ah, for once we finally agree on something Mighty.  

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
This is something my wife said she read about JJ, so its hearsay, but she said that all that JJ claims about his relationship with MLKing is not true.

Reportedly, Mrs. Coretta King stated that JJ was not near MLK when he was assasinated, and when MLK went down, JJ ran over to where he lay, and JJ intentionally and repeatedly wiped MLK's blood on his shirt, apparently to aggrandize himself for the cameras. I believe it.

There are many outstanding black men in leadership positions. It's a shame JJ gets so much of the attention.

:/

Gunthr
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
I am black, and I despise JJ.

But maybe its different with me since I am not of the "BLACK" social group, me being a Puerto Rican I never had to experience racism (in my own country) so I may not know what its like to be black in the USA.

But still, I think JJ is a tard.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »
Yer not black Animal.

Yer Latino.

*I* am black. And Glunz and RAM I am too.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2000, 12:04:00 PM »
Question for all. Not being racist or picky (I'm hispanic so neither white or black) but I am confused.

I know that it is considered racist to belong to a white organization. Is it just as racist to belong to a black only organization and if not, why? Reason I am asking is there are several organizations that are openly divided in membership based on the "race" or ethnic background of the members.

In the case of hispanics there are several organizations, one of which is chicano's por la cauza. To me that seems as divisive as and "whites" only organization.

If there was a "white" pilots association, like the black pilots association I am sure there would be a deafening public outcry of racism.

This seems like a double standard and I find it disturbing. Does anyone else?

Please, please do not think I am trying to raise a racial finger pointing thing here. I am just confused. To me the color of ones skin has about the same meaning as the color of their hair, which is to say, not much at all. It's how people treat each other that matters.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2000, 12:12:00 PM »
Haven't seen a pic of animal, st. santa or glunz...

But I have seen one of RAM.

Have you santa?

AKDejaVu