Author Topic: Keep on shooting at those 'copters  (Read 5161 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Keep on shooting at those 'copters
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2005, 03:39:51 AM »
Ah hah masherbrum now please explain how private gun ownership and/or low class differences relate to continental wars.

In fact, large poor class differences (like in US today) was the reason why Hitler could gain so much power and start the wars in the first place - to boost German economy and calm down the troubled lower class.

Where you and beet1e live is just plain DIFFERENT. No comparison if your "thugs" are really that docile.

Hey you're starting to finally get the message! Our society is that much more peaceful. No gangbanging or constant fear of losing ones life. :aok And keep in mind the UK is like a friggin jungle compared to the scandinavian countries.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 03:44:00 AM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2005, 05:12:35 AM »
Hey Siaf, what are you on about don't you know things are always better over there ;) :lol

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2005, 05:26:19 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Ah hah masherbrum now please explain how private gun ownership and/or low class differences relate to continental wars.

In fact, large poor class differences (like in US today) was the reason why Hitler could gain so much power and start the wars in the first place - to boost German economy and calm down the troubled lower class.

Hey you're starting to finally get the message! Our society is that much more peaceful. No gangbanging or constant fear of losing ones life. :aok And keep in mind the UK is like a friggin jungle compared to the scandinavian countries.

Actually, I'm not just starting to get the message.  It's just silly why the same ppl argue the same stuff over and over again.  I personally don't care what your laws are over where you live, because I don't live there.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2005, 06:02:29 AM »
Oh come on its fun having a bit of a good old banter and argument. The problem comes when we take it all a bit too seriously!

We know you don't care just as I don't realy care if you have guns or not. Its just fun to argue! Though i agree the topic is wearing a bit thin.

or is it just me :confused: :lol

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2005, 07:14:04 AM »
And to hijack my own thread.....

First bar opened back up on Bourbon Street...lol

ahh - good to see em getting their priorities back together. :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 07:23:44 AM by Waffle »

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2005, 07:18:02 AM »
Blimey! Now theres pluck. WTG

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »
skyprancer.... let me ask you this... Do you think that all the unarmed citizens that were being abused and threatened and harassed in the situation yu described.... do you think that they might be described at that point as.... "living in fear"?

If the thugs had guns... they would then have to be total losers to be bringing so much attention since they probly could not legaly have em...  they could not hit me with concealable handguns from the 50 to 75 feet away ( but I could probly hit them) They would also not stand a chance with me shooting at then from cover inside my house while they were trying to break in if they wanted to push it that far.

When the cops came the thugs would get a weapons charge... with luck.. they would be two time losers or... they would tried to break into my house... either way.... a lot of citizens would not be "living in fear" from that group at least...

I don't really see how you have helped the problem in the least in that situation.   They know that they can cause problems as much as they like and the only thing stopping them is that they have to bug out before the cops get there....

tough as you are and all... I don't really think that criminal drunks in pairs or tripples or more are tooooo frieghtened of mixing it up inthe middle of the street with you.

lazs

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2005, 09:28:31 AM »
Lazs2,

Just make sure you'd be taking shifts with yer neightbours.
Otherwise they'd just wait for you to fall asleep.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2005, 09:37:40 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf

Oooh, to own a pair of rose-colored glasses and view the world beyond them! The problem is...getting that sand out of your ears...

Munich sociologist Ewald Pfleger sees a pattern of denial symbolized by "the bizarre, longtime habit by many German media outlets to give big play to stories about serious juvenile crimes in the United States but considerably less prominent treatment if they occur here."

A recent study by the University of Loblenz-Landau showed that 96,200 pupils across the country are injured annually by violence at school.

More and more pupils are reportedly carrying brass knuckles, switchblades and pistols to classrooms to protect themselves, or to use against each other. A recent survey in Munich indicated that 1 in 6 secondary school pupils is scared to enter the playgrounds during recess, fearing violence by other pupils.

Another alarming aspect to the juvenile crime wave is the number of extreme rightist, anti-Semitic and xenophobic crimes. Such offenses shot up by 50 percent to nearly 14,000 last year, and 70 percent of the perpetrators were under 21. Half of the crimes were committed in the former East Germany, even though only one fifth of the total population live there.

There is also growing debate about one component of the juvenile crime wave long a taboo subject in this country hosting more than 8 million foreigners: the apparent high proportion of immigrant youths among offenders. "Some news media shy away from dealing with the fact that non-German youth are committing a disproportionally large number of offenses, fearing that would fan the latent xenophobia in our country," commented Munich's respected Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

French officials say that youths burned about twenty cars and stoned public transport overnight in working class suburbs of Strasbourg.

The violence broke out after a pop concert on Saturday night and repeated similar incidents in previous years over the Christmas and New Year period, despite expanded youth programs.

During the whole of last year five-hundred cars were burned in Strasbourg - a hundred more than the year before.

Correspondents say that youth violence in many cities across France has usually occured in poor immigrant neighbourhoods with high unemployment.

Right-wing violence against foreigners in Germany has increased dramatically over the last year. The situation is particularly dangerous for foreigners living in eastern Germany—this was the conclusion drawn by Federal Interior Minister Otto Schily (Social Democratic Party—SPD) in a recent press interview.

Official figures covering the whole year are still not available, however, politicians responsible for the situation are already sounding the alarm—mainly as a means of diverting any suggestion of their own culpability in the matter.

Schily announced in the Hamburg magazine Die Woche that xenophobic acts of violence have increased by 40 percent in the last 12 months. In total, 13,753 criminal offences committed by right-wing extremists were registered in the period from January to November 2000. In the same period in 1999, the figure stood at 9,456 offences. Violence against foreigners rose from 397 cases to 553. Schily reported, “Killings, bodily injuries, arson and bomb attacks constituted 18 percent of all xenophobic crimes”. More than two-thirds of the convicted offenders were younger than 21 years-of-age.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 09:40:40 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline MP8

• Military Police
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com/
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2005, 09:42:07 AM »
2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.