Author Topic: Gretna: Tragedy meets callousness  (Read 2047 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Gretna: Tragedy meets callousness
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2005, 11:13:08 PM »
>>Hmmm... I'm beginning to suspect you may not be fully engaged.

Yea insult over argument - thats the ticket. You scored big on this one. Better stick with the video games - your logic is lacking.

Yea lets see - I lve .5 miles from where this happend - you live well I dunno how many miles from where it happened. My wallet is 6 inches thick with passes to get through different parishes and curfews and you are in oregon. You gonna tell me whats going on because of what you heard on cnn - well gee thank you Chairboy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:19:54 PM by BTW »

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2005, 11:17:11 PM »
Umm..  okeedokee.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:34 PM »
A message from the front

"We're home now, and the area is okay. None of the houses are really damaged, just lots of shingles on the ground. Some military men came up to me today and made sure that my family was okay and to let me know they'd be patrolingthe area. If you look down the street towards Holy Cross, all you see are the lights from all of the emergency vehicle trucks. I noticed a lot of broken glass in our parking lot, meaning that there are a few cars that were here when the owners left, but someone decided to take them for a joy ride. Someone broke the back window to our truck that we had to leave behind, but they couldn't start it up to steal it. Overall, we made out okay. So if you live here, or in the immediate area, it's safe to come home. Walgreens on Gen. Degaulle is open, gas stations are opening, and people are slowly coming back into Algiers. We need ALL of you to come back to make this place feel a little more normal."

But you tell me all about it Chairboy. Tell me whats going on Chairboy.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2005, 11:50:24 PM »
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2005, 11:53:18 PM »
Come on BTW Chairboy wants you to tell him how it really is. How you and everyone in your city each have personally stolen the last water a poor black baby had.:rofl
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:57:50 PM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2005, 07:02:59 AM »
Regarding the 2 seperate references to people looting/Finding food.....

Are there any references to Blacks "Finding" or "Looking" for food?  Or are they all saying that blacks are looting?  Because, since this happened from 2 completely different journalist... how can there be a correlation unless it is consistantly this way?

Sounds like someone went looking for a reason to play the race card and came up with a very weak hand unless it is shown that it was policy to call all blacks looters.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the media will now stop calling any black a criminal, looter, poor sport or bad driver for the next 5 years?

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2005, 09:26:06 AM »
It's been a few hours since last night, BTW, you feeling any better?

All the squabbling aside, just want you to know that my family sends you and the rest of the people directly affected by the flooding best wishes, and we hope for a speedy recovery down there.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »
Originally posted by mosgood
Regarding the 2 seperate references to people looting/Finding food.....

Are there any references to Blacks "Finding" or "Looking" for food?  Or are they all saying that blacks are looting?  Because, since this happened from 2 completely different journalist... how can there be a correlation unless it is consistantly this way?

Sounds like someone went looking for a reason to play the race card and came up with a very weak hand unless it is shown that it was policy to call all blacks looters.

Anyone wanna bet whether or not the media will now stop calling any black a criminal, looter, poor sport or bad driver for the next 5 years?

Somewhere in NO a $4000 Plasma TV will now be home to Guppies.

There was a MANDATORY EVACUATION prior to the Hurricane.  Those who stayed behind are now realizing the errors of their stupidity.  Their blatant actions CANNOT be defended (regardless of Race, Religion, Creed, Color, or Sex).  

"Mayor Ray Nagin ordered a mandatory evacuation of the city of New Orleans in the face of Category-5 Katrina which was expected to make a direct strike on the city early Monday. "

Karaya
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:41:07 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2005, 11:07:42 AM »
Thank you Chairboy. People from all over the world have been extraordinarily kind to the places affected by Katrina. Still some people wish to push a political agenda and make it a race tragedy when it is nothing of the kind.

So to reiterate

No one was persecuted for skin color
Gretna is NOT an all white city, and their police department is not all white.
Gretna police did not fire shotgun rounds over people heads to stop them from crossing the bridge. They did park buses on the bridge and transported groups to appropriate shelters.

I know it hurts, but there was no case of rednecks beating down the black man in a time of tragedy. You can only get so much mileage out of that sophomoric drama.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2005, 11:12:52 AM »
A whopping 3 hours after the storm, starving and dehydrated looters were smashing electronics stores windows in search of food and water:rolleyes:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2005, 10:57:39 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
Thank you Chairboy. People from all over the world have been extraordinarily kind to the places affected by Katrina. Still some people wish to push a political agenda and make it a race tragedy when it is nothing of the kind.

So to reiterate

No one was persecuted for skin color
Gretna is NOT an all white city, and their police department is not all white.
Gretna police did not fire shotgun rounds over people heads to stop them from crossing the bridge. They did park buses on the bridge and transported groups to appropriate shelters.

I know it hurts, but there was no case of rednecks beating down the black man in a time of tragedy. You can only get so much mileage out of that sophomoric drama.

Remember Reginald Denny, wait......He was White.  I don't recall "Caucasions" pulling the Race Card.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2005, 01:24:17 AM »
Boo hoo....You won't let me steal from you because your a racist.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2005, 09:13:14 AM »
Xargos, children were dying of dehydration just a couple hundred feet away.  Feel better about it now?  For every looter, there are 1,000 good people just trying to survive.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2005, 10:07:27 AM »
I realy was not talking about them being turned away, I was ranting about something else.  If their food and water was taken I hope charges are filed against the ones that did it.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
Not just taken away, but those people were prevented from escaping to a place that HAD enough water to prevent them from dying.