Author Topic: WW3 or a great Jihad?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2001, 07:26:00 PM »
Anyone can label those people "Christians" But I assure you they were not. The idea that they were Christ's will when they commited those atrocities is ludicrous. Christian= Christ Like. It was pure hatred of the muslims in that country that spawned that, and not a love for Christ.

So..No they were not Christians.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
Ammo they labelled themselves Christians. Sorry dude but you are stretching it here. Mind you the same applies to any religion, each has its zealots. What you should say is "those people don't represent the majority of Christianity", its the same thing the Islamic world is saying about Bin Laden right now.

To me, religion is an interesting ***device***. I believe that the good Christian (or Muslim) would be good, religion or no religion. And likewise the 'bad' Christian (or Muslim) twists the religion as a device to attain his own personal goals.

So, I don't mock or disrespect your beliefs - but I do find religion ***in general*** a device used by many to meet their own personal agendas.

Originally posted by -ammo-:
Anyone can label those people "Christians" But I assure you they were not. The idea that they were Christ's will when they commited those atrocities is ludicrous. Christian= Christ Like. It was pure hatred of the muslims in that country that spawned that, and not a love for Christ.

So..No they were not Christians.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan:
Ammo they labelled themselves Christians. Sorry dude but you are stretching it here. Mind you the same applies to any religion, each has its zealots. What you should say is "those people don't represent the majority of Christianity", its the same thing the Islamic world is saying about Bin Laden right now.

To me, religion is an interesting ***device***. I believe that the good Christian (or Muslim) would be good, religion or no religion. And likewise the 'bad' Christian (or Muslim) twists the religion as a device to attain his own personal goals.

So, I don't mock or disrespect your beliefs - but I do find religion ***in general*** a device used by many to meet their own personal agendas.

Even the Devil lies about who he is, and comes in the guise as "Christian". I dont think I am stretching anything. The bible defines a Christian, and those that are commiting those kind of crimes (label that SIN) are just lieing. Toi those outside the window such as yourself I can see maybe some confusion. I am just stepping up for Christians. We use the Bible as our guideline, and murder is not equated with Christian, unless it is a failing Christian. Dont get me wrong though, King David murdered, and the Nation of Israel is paying for it still to this day (IMO). I am saying that who you call (or whoever) calls them Christians in the Kosovo thing are not Christians.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2001, 11:34:00 PM »
Well, all I can say to that is someone better revise that 2 billion figure for Christians in the world. Because there are an awful lot of people who think they are Christians that aren't   :) (man the Irish are gonna be pissed they aren't Christians after all... and they realize that fighting was all for nothing).

You see my point ammo?

The funny thing is the Islamic community is saying almost exactly the same thing, "Muslims do not murder, if they do then they're not a Muslim".

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2001, 11:40:00 PM »
Yep, nobody in the world is a bad guy. Don't believe it? Just ask them, they'll tell you what a good guy they are.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2001, 11:46:00 PM »
Beam pictures of the US/Allies bombing Afghanistan, Iraq, and maybe even 'rebel forces' in Pakistan into every Islamic TV in the middle east.

I'm not sure how many T.V.'s there are in the Muslim world (altogether), but I know it is illegal to own a T.V. in Afghanistan. They are not a free people. In fact, if you were to visit there, you too would be forbidden to watch T.V.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
Well, all I can say to that is someone better revise that 2 billion figure for Christians in the world. Because there are an awful lot of people who think they are Christians that aren't    :) (

You just dont know how how right you are. Yes sir I see your point.

<S>

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2001, 04:23:00 AM »
So ammo, your point is essentially that the crimes against humanity in the FY were committed by people who were only Christian in their own eyes.

Do you not recognise the exact same thing with this latest crime against humanity? They call themselves Muslims, but most Muslims disagree with them on that.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2001, 10:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
So ammo, your point is essentially that the crimes against humanity in the FY were committed by people who were only Christian in their own eyes.

Do you not recognise the exact same thing with this latest crime against humanity? They call themselves Muslims, but most Muslims disagree with them on that.

That is not quite my point. First being that I am a  believer in Christ, I dont agree with the Muslims view, therefore I cant equate the two religious views. They have similar doctrines. They believe in the same Old Testement  as we do, but do not accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God. However if someone like yourself wanted too, you could categorize "religious people" into the same file.

My point is that there are many folks that call themselves Christians and sincerely believe it... but are not. Only through Jesus Christ is anyone saved. Not by good works, not by going to church, not by just proclaiming Christianity. In Romans 5:8 Paul says . "But God commendeth his love torward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Then in Romans 10:9 "That
if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believein thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
And a reitteration just a few versus later in verse 13.. for whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved."

<S> Hope I answered your question

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
OK, Ammo, heres a question for you. If Sloberon Mydicksqueak (sorry can't remember how to spell his name) - the serbian dude - had been a perfectly good person, ie Christian, up until the point he started ordering the murders - was he ever a Christian?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2001, 01:31:00 AM »
OK, Ammo, heres a question for you. If Sloberon Mydicksqueak (sorry can't remember how to spell his name) - the serbian dude - had been a perfectly good person, ie Christian, up until the point he started ordering the murders - was he ever a Christian?

dont bait me vulcan.