Author Topic: WW3 or a great Jihad?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« on: September 19, 2001, 04:24:00 AM »
What a cunning plan. Execute a major strike in the face of the US. The sort of punch that demands retaliation. Make sure you're in a country where you are almost worshipped as a leader and have massive ability to flex your financial influence. Then leave a whole bunch of clues that point to you, but publicly deny any knowledge, plus throw in a clue or two that point to Iraq, an old enemy of the US.

Draw the US into a conflict in Afghanistan. Destabilize Pakistan because of their allowing the US to operate in their airspace. Create the momentum for a religious Jihad in Pakistan, overthrow the goverment.

Pull Iran in the Jihad once you overthrow Pakistan (Pakistani arsenal has nukes). Try and provoke the US/Allies into trying help the goverment in Pakistan.

Do some stirring to provoke Israel into major conflict with Palestine and/or Iraq (hasn't happened yet but watch this space).

Beam pictures of the US/Allies bombing Afghanistan, Iraq, and maybe even 'rebel forces' in Pakistan into every Islamic TV in the middle east.

Watch the world unravel...

Or am I just paranoid?

(p.s. I'm not being anti-US, I still wanna nuke the bastard!)

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2001, 08:56:00 AM »
I would not say paranoid.

Afghanistan has supposedly said that it will retaliate on any country that help the US.  Pakistan appears to be helping the US.  Pakistan is one of the few countries to recognize the Taliban.

If it all pans out that Pakistan helps the US enough that Afghanistan attacks Pakistan, I wonder how itchy the trigger fingers of those in Pakistan are?  Is that an unreasonable fear?

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Fury ]

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
its gonna be very different from anything the US has ever waged. The goals will be to destroy the infrastructure of several terrorist organizations, and leaders. how you do this? this is the difficult part. Our forces that are trained to handle this type of combat are relatively small, and well trained. It will not be WW3, unlees future developements create such a conflict. If sovreign countries get in on it against and with the US in this it could escalate.

If it stays as what the US command authority invisions, it will be special ops, lots of elite intel, and many PGM's.

This of course is my opinion and only based on what little I have seen and kinow from my military experience.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
Do you actually know what a Jihad is, Vulcan? As in the real meaning and the interpretation put upon on it by 90% of all Muslims in the world?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2001, 01:23:00 PM »
Well I thought I did but I spose you're gonna tell me anyways   ;)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2001, 04:06:00 PM »
No, I'm just interested, mate.  ;) I see alot said about Jihads, and just wonder how much people know about it. The media seems to paint in a certain dramatic light (as is their want) and it adds to the misconception that Islam is a barbaric, aggressive religion.

But when you get down to it, it isn't.  :) They just have a highly motivated bunch of zealots - but they don't have monopoly on that kind of follower, by any means.

Anyway, 'Jihad' is seen by most Muslims to represent the inner struggle against sin. It can also represent defending the faith or territory - but this is governed by a set of rules. The killing of civilians is not allowed.

But crucially, a Muslim's fight against his own anger is seen as the greatest form of Jihad.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2001, 04:14:00 PM »
Bin Ladin interprets the Koran to justify the civilian deaths and believes that if the civilian woman and children are good..they will go to heaven.

He sees himself leading a "jihad" against western organization and wants to restore a true islamic state "in his eyes".

He's evil as satan himself, dont give him any credentials.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan:
Create the momentum for a religious Jihad in Pakistan, overthrow the goverment.

Or am I just paranoid?

I fear this is a very big possibility after watching the President of Pakistan, who took office after a military overthrow < 2 years ago, declaring his support for the US while split screen showed the Pakistan population tearing the American flag to shreads...

If you are paraniod so am I.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
Dowding don't get me wrong about Muslims. I respect them more than I respect the Christians - the Muslims are quite straight up about what they do, whereas recent Christian 'ethnic cleansing' has tried to have been covered up.

The big difference is that the Muslims can be so amazingly motivated (its takes big nads to strap a couple of kilos of C4 to you) by their beliefs.

What I believe I'm seeing evolve before me is something a lot of people might not understand. At a certain point this conflict might reach a critical mass in many different Islamic countries.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2001, 06:00:00 PM »
sand

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2001, 06:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan:
I respect them more than I respect the Christians - the Muslims are quite straight up about what they do, whereas recent Christian 'ethnic cleansing' has tried to have been covered up.

What are you talking about when you say "ethnic cleansing"?

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
Do you actually know what a Jihad is, Vulcan? As in the real meaning and the interpretation put upon on it by 90% of all Muslims in the world?

"jee-had", yeah, ain't that some dweeb AH player from Oklahoma??  :D

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2001, 07:04:00 PM »
Ever heard of Kosovo? Or look at the Irish problem, each side is Christian, just a different sect.

Originally posted by -ammo-:

What are you talking about when you say "ethnic cleansing"?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2001, 07:12:00 PM »
That is not true. What happened in Bosnia/Herzogovina was not done by Christians. They were religious zealots. Be careful who you paint with that wide brush of yours.

And dont be absurd, "ever heard of kosovo".

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
WW3 or a great Jihad?
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
actually, wasn't the situation in Kosovo the Orthodox Christian Serbs were trying to get rid of the Kosovar Albanians who were mostly Muslim?

a yes, that's what it was:
Erasing History: Ethnic Cleansing in Kosovo

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Sancho ]