Author Topic: something about the 262  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Griego

• Copper Member
something about the 262
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 10:59:05 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
While it may seem apparent to you that I missed this "Rudimentary Inference," I actually have not missed it.  Although it has become increasingly obvious that the need for a Grammatically Correct MP rises every day.  What would one think of the impressions we leave on the masses with all this talk of "Sheep" and "N00kies."  One would think us mere neanderthals.

And I, speaking on behalf of the community, will not stand for these indiscretions.

LOL,  speaking for the neanderthals...   spellchecker would be a plus.

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
something about the 262
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 11:27:24 PM »
One thing that hasn't been brought up.  Many players are not from the U.S. or from a  English speaking country!!!  So their grammar and spelling may not be the best.   Judging from the original post, the person was trying to say his piece in the best way he knew how.   Lets not get stupid over someone trying their best to convey something in a  language that is not native to them.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
something about the 262
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 11:37:09 PM »
Yet again, I am of the opinion that the style of which many people write has little to do with their actual abilities.  Their style online has much similarity to those who lack effort.  In other words, many people can't be asked to attempt to write out a concise, grammatically correct statement.  These people have probably been all that way their entire life.  It is unfortunate for the rest of us that someone provided them with a computer, because who knows how they mustered up the effort to get one themselves.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
something about the 262
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 01:38:51 AM »
G'damn and these kids have English as their primary language.  That's shameful :D

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
something about the 262
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 02:56:51 AM »
I would think that since I do not speak for BBQ_Bob, that he doesn't fall into the "Educated" portion of the Aces High Community.  Continuing with that logic, BBQ_Bob is actually fearful that most of his posts would be rejected outright.  So BBQ_Bob actually has very little say in which path we do or do not follow in the future of this BBS board.

However, note that for the future of this board, we will have to procure inflatable female Ovis Aries to keep the simpleton masses from rioting.  I am of the opinion that this "Method" will work very well.

That's the best you can come up with, lol no wonder nobody likes you. Seriously lasersailor18 have you ever gotten any leg at all? I do think that may be part of your problem, you know the anal attitude that you have. And when I say that you do not speak for me what I really meant to say was that you are a moron that gets his kicks buy insulting and verbly bullying kids on this board that are just trying to simply ask a question. Why must you be that way? And what path of the board are you talking about, lol like you have any say in it. Now cool your jets and go flip your hamburgers.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
something about the 262
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 07:01:59 AM »
Originally posted by TheCage
One thing that hasn't been brought up.  Many players are not from the U.S. or from a  English speaking country!!!  So their grammar and spelling may not be the best.   Judging from the original post, the person was trying to say his piece in the best way he knew how.   Lets not get stupid over someone trying their best to convey something in a  language that is not native to them.

There's a big difference in the posting of people from different countries and the posting of people who either cannot or will not use the basics of written communication. The out of towners are NOT the ones being discussed. Besides, most of THEM have better skills than the stringitalltogether types.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
something about the 262
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 07:08:26 AM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob
That's the best you can come up with, lol no wonder nobody likes you. Seriously lasersailor18 have you ever gotten any leg at all? I do think that may be part of your problem, you know the anal attitude that you have. And when I say that you do not speak for me what I really meant to say was that you are a moron that gets his kicks buy insulting and verbly bullying kids on this board that are just trying to simply ask a question. Why must you be that way? And what path of the board are you talking about, lol like you have any say in it. Now cool your jets and go flip your hamburgers.

I don't condone the battering of people who have problems with spelling or grammar.... I'm just older and worried about the difficulties these problems can cause for them in life and/or the business world. I'm not talking about the occasional mistakes and typos either.... everyone makes those. Plus I like to use dots......to simulate the annoying way in which I actually talk.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
something about the 262
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 07:19:10 AM »
Well SkyWolf it may cause them problems in their lifes but I don't think the forum, speically not when a question is asked, is the place to teach them. The only thing they will learn, specially if young, is how to get pissed of at people correcting them.

They will probarly learn from reading the forums, but not from reading the actual corrections. They will learn from everyday posts like this and many many others.

Not to mention the "hijacking" of threads this kind of "spelling police" behavior causes.

lasersailor, if you really wanna help out and if you're that concerned about the youth in  the USA, instead of jumping onto WylieBoys back and say what he did wrong, instead ask him if he likes the help you offer him. You seem to like educating and thus maybe you should put up a dedicated spelling and grammar post in the O'club for everybody to visit.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
something about the 262
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 08:29:20 AM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob

Dangit, I misspelled verbally ! Now there gonna jump on me. :aok

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
something about the 262
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »

Just a side note, but you get respected a lot more if you use proper capitilization and punctuation in your posts.  Even if its just for a sentence.

These days Im happy when they just use complete words or intentionally misspelled words

NOTHING online is more annoying then seeing things like
 " R U Lqqking at the mail I sent"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
something about the 262
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 10:03:38 AM »
Wow, some people really don't know the meaing of humour, do they?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
something about the 262
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 10:16:37 AM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
I just like to be able to understand what people post without having to do anything but read it.
whenever you don't use proper grammer capitalization and punctuation it makes it diifficult for some of us old farts to follow along at least I find this to be true in my case  in most of the circles  in which I  travel you are considered to be unedumacated if your written communication looks like it was created by a 5 year old the average 3rd grader of my generation had better written communication skills that does the average high school student today it's a bit disconcerting to see the shape of education today and the students it produces who to the rest of the world appear uneducated no wonder johnny is a dumbsh...er... uh...why johnny can't read all of the jobs I've held required you to be able to communicate in a manner that does not embarrass the company to US based customers and to customers on other continents I would have a difficult time finding work if I could not construct grammatically correct sentences important to be understood important to be respected by people in the business world I wish everyone was judged only on the content of their thought and not by their inability to get their thoughts across in written form in my world it doesn't work that way fail to communicate effectively and you don't get in the door sad but true.

Bet you can't say that without taking a breath.

:D
Whisky

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
something about the 262
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:53 AM »
A mobile that is a 262? Where do I get one?

Yes, Wylie, we do have the 1a model. The 2a variant would be nice, especially if it had cluster bombs.   But if you ask me, it's not a high-item on the list of add-in's.  There are more important aircraft to remodel or add IMHO.  I'm sure it would be quite easy to add - just as a weapon variants similiair to the Bf-110. But not important at the moment.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
something about the 262
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 11:42:24 AM »
Hey BBQ_Bob,

To hijack this thread further, you appear to be descending to the level of personal attacks here.  OK, the guy might have been a bit patronizing, but no need to get personal.  

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 12:03:55 PM by TDeacon »

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
something about the 262
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 12:07:04 PM »
TDeacon yours is the voice of calm, I just wanted to get the last word IN .

And to get back on track, the ME262 is a hunter so why exactly would you want a bomb? Speaking just for myself I would prefer not to take a bomb along but I would not be against having the option to do so.  :aok